View Single Post
Old 18.03.2011, 13:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 232 Times in 165 Posts
Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,396 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A question for those who would report the EF to "the authorities"

Quote:
View Post
The owners of a site could potentially be held responsible. Reminds me of Gina ford vs mumsnet, they wanted to defend the freedom of speech of their members but ended up settling out of court with ford. (British law not Swiss of course)
http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfre...e&type=article
This typically happens when the site owners refuse to cooperate with authorities, and defend the privacy of its users.

Quote:
View Post
There are possibilities within the forum if a comment has crossed the line: deleting, banning etc. and these should be applied first, not threats of legal action and inviting others to join in writing a letter to the authorities about the English Forum. If the threats of legal action are what you mean by admonishment, then it is bullying in my opinion, especially because the elements necessary for it to be a crime under the Swiss racism law have not been met. Would a Swiss judge agree with me? As I am basing my opinions on Swiss case law and commentary, probably.

I agree that a user complaint it is the first step of action. If a mod(s) disregards a complaint, or that mod(s) have a reputation and pattern of disregarding user complaints, then a pattern of behavior that can be establish. Laws also consider patterns of behavior, not just particular incidents.