View Single Post
Old 16.05.2011, 07:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 89 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,086 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Samsung Galaxy S II i9100... new Android beast of a phone about to be released.

Quote:
View Post
Although there are a lot of apps for Android, I still think the best apps are available for the iPhone.

Personally, browsing is the most important thing for me. So a fast browser and a big screen is what matters to me.
As for the apps: I agree - many content providers were completely overwhelmed by the rapid growth of Android and ended up rushing out incomplete apps, simply to get a foot through the door. However, there are many apps that look significantly better on Android (some because of Android, others, such as Pulse, because of the bigger screen real-estate). All in all, I wouldn't say Apps are the defining element in making a choice between the OSs anymore. Most people use their smartphones to send texts, emails, use Facebook and Twitter on the go, check the weather, call people and read their Tagi, 20 Minuten, USA Today, AP news and their RSS feeds. For all of this, there are very beautiful, capable and mostly free apps on Android that definitely don't have to hide between their iOS counterparts.

If you like an excellent browsing-experience (both with and without Flash), the SGS II is definitely the phone for you.