View Single Post
Old 22.06.2011, 15:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 741 Times in 563 Posts
Thanked 28,219 Times in 9,210 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: swiss german girl says "Hi" to all the english speakers

I've got a question about Luzern:

There was this bloke in a weinstube near our house who told me that Luzern is named in honour of the Celtic god Lug, to whose worship a great temple was dedicated, the ruins of which lie hidden in a secret vault under the railway station, accessible only to the mayor and treasurer to the city council, as well as the High Priestess of Lug herself, whose identity remains a mystery (although she is reputed to be immortal).

Apparently all the fasnacht celebrations are merely a ruse to attract anonymous strangers to the city in order to capture them and sacrifice them in dark and bloody rituals on the altar of the aforementioned temple. Every year, dozens of innocent pirates, cowboys, ogres and witches are lured to their deaths by the eldritch servants of the High Priestess of Lug, who celebrate by drinking their blood out of plastic cups, disguised as something called 'holdrio'.

Anyway, that's what this bloke in the weinstube told me. Is any of it true?

I mean, holdrio isn't that bad, is it?
The following 5 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post: