I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks now exploring the place and I am amazed there is a site like this.
I have an interest in visiting Switzerland with the wife in the next year or so, and maybe some day trying to live there for a bit to get some life experience before I die among other things (my father's family settled in the Austrian lands in Romania and the family is not sure if we originated in Austria or Switzerland, thus part of my interest in the country).
I've searched the site for a lot of different topics, but I wanted to ask a few dumb questions that I did not see the specific answer to while searching. Humor and forgive me for some of these questions; even though some of them make me sound like a middle schooler working on a social studies project, I am genuinely curious.
1. This sounds really dumb, but a friend of mine told me that Switzerland in general is really cloudy all the time. Is this true?
2. Does most of the country get substantial snowfall in winter?
3. Overall, taking everything into account, are you generally satisfied with life in Switzerland? From an outsider looking in, it seems like such a magical place. I noticed that a lot of you realize this and I have skimmed the complaint forum to see that Switzerland, like all places, has its flaws, but I would like to know if most of you are happy to be there over some other place to live.
4. More of a statement, actually. I read the cost of living Switzerland thread and it seems kind of nice that Switzerland is not as outrageously expensive as its reputation sometimes leads people like me to believe.
5. And of course, anyone have any idea what the legal market for American trained lawyers is over there?
Inquiring minds want to know if I have any job prospects.
Again, this is a great forum and it goes to show there's always something on the internet for any interest, and thank God for that.
Bed time for me right now, but I'd like to drop back in on this thread and ask other dumb questions as they occur to me. Any responses would be appreciated and I plan on continuing to at least lurk if not outright post.