Thread: Merging posts
View Single Post
Old 02.01.2012, 15:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 56 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,214 Posts
NSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Merging posts

Quote:
View Post
Apart from slightly objecting to the patronising tone ("please learn to merge posts") when i think most people do, is it not the norm to merge posts only when they are on the same general line of argument within the thread. If they are about two different streams, aren't they permitted to be seperate?

(re the patroninsing tone, there is also the point that the second response arrived whilst the first reponse was being typed, so a little more latitude and less attitude (see what i did there) might be in order)
I do think a nice little explanation as to how to do it would have been nice.
Quote:
View Post
I actually agree with the moderator there. There is no reason to post your answers in 2 different consecutive posts.

If you wish to adress two different people on the same thread on 2 different topics, you can simply multi-quote those people you wish to adress and make everything clean.

Even Ashishshah learnt how to multi-quote, so anyone can do it

Keeps databases, conversations, and threads organized and clean.
True.
Quote:
View Post
What's this "Multiquote" that you speak of?
No fxxxxxx clue.
Quote:
View Post
Then I apologise without reservation

Still didn't need the sarcasm though as the point still holds that one can be posting a reply to one post whilst the other is arriving too
Well done and yup.
This user would like to thank NSchulzi for this useful post: