View Single Post
Old 21.01.2012, 22:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 147 Times in 125 Posts
Thanked 7,045 Times in 4,140 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's tough to be a good Samaritan! (Lost & Found in Switzerland)

Quote:
View Post
Well, I cannot envisage that happening in London, sadly. In fact, there I have had my purse stolen on more than one occasion.

However, here in Malta I left my purse on top of the car park paying machine at the airport, having flown back from Zurich, and driven home. At 11pm I received a call from HSBC asking if I had lost my purse. I replied no, I don't think so ... until I checked and realised that I had. They then informed me that it had been found and gave me the mobile number of the young man who had found it and had called HSBC to inform them. I called him and arranged to meet him at his workplace the following day. However, my car was virtually on empty and I could not find his office (and had no means to buy petrol) so he told me to stay where I was and drove to meet me and handed over my purse which was, of course, intact. I was incredibly grateful yet he refused to accept any form of monetary thanks for his time and consideration.
I know a member who found an unsigned credit card at Leitsipark last week, she phoned his bank rather than hand the card in. FWIW the person is from London, were not all bad.