View Single Post
Old 22.03.2012, 08:04
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 53 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 1,268 Times in 565 Posts
ElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond repute
Private Lottery - Is it legal?

I have been thinking

In Denmark I have this summer house for sale but nothing is moving.

The price has been adjusted several times but since the house is (relatively) big it is a bit more expensive than houses normally are sold for in this specific part of Denmark. I am not really interested in reducing the price even more so I have been looking at alternative ways to cover my losses.

For now the house is rented out through an agency but since they snatch almost 50% of the income, it is not a sustainable solution for me. A house like this left to itself during the long winter requires maintenance etc.

So....I have been thinking about making a lottery with the house as the only prize. A thousand tickets for DKR 1.000 each would make me happy.

However, private lotteries is not legal in Denmark so I was thinking that maybe it would work if I set up the lottery from Switzerland?

It would be legal for a Dane to buy a Swiss lottery ticket (without telling the offical Denmark) win a kilo of fine Swiss chocolate and consequently "buy" a very specific summer house for a very low and attractive price with a secret cash back feature....no....I guess not

Any insight would be helpful or any ideas into other ways to.....yeah whatever really......be creative.

Thanks.....