Thread: Micro BBQs
View Single Post
Old 28.03.2012, 07:15
Finger Lickin' Good

Groaned at 513 Times in 327 Posts
Thanked 10,708 Times in 4,388 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Micro BBQs

Quote:
View Post
Dear EF,

Since moving here, I've been deeply impressed by those micro charcoal BBQs that you see around the place - you know, the small ones that you see down by the Limmat or the lakes every summers day - they're not much bigger than a salad bowl, but the perfect size for a spontaneous two person BBQ by the lake on a tuesday evening...

So, now that summer is (nearly) here, I think its time to recognize the superiority of Swiss BBQ technology and invest in one. The question is, where do you find one, how much should one pay, and are there any recommendations?

Cheers,

Mark
Actually, there are only 3 international players who supply Europe with those instant grills, thus the technology isn't Swiss at all. Also, I believe the European take on BBQing is still in the prenatal stages as there is no country, which has developed a proper BBQ culture like the US, some places in South America, Caribbean etc. This beaing said, the instant BBQs are fairly practical and if I had a car, I would probably leave one or two in my trunk in case I would need to BBQ something. However, it doesn't beat a "real" grill be it charcoal or propane.
The following 2 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post: