View Single Post
Old 30.03.2012, 20:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 123 Times in 109 Posts
Thanked 4,306 Times in 2,067 Posts
Confloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greek ID card / Albanian passport, what counts?

Quote:
View Post
Not yet; but I admit I do "like" the argument (what is maybe not fair as for someone the question could be crucial -> that's why I say: go ask a lawyer).

Not at all.

Now you mistake the passport for nationality.

Let's assume a person from Southern Albania lost his Albanian nationality or that local authorities for one odd reason (e.g. ethnical) refuse to renew his Albanian documents.

The person however is holder of our beloved Greek ID which - you don't agree on that but read page 1 - states his "Greek nationality".

What would he be considered from a Swiss point of view?

I don't find the answer that simple as you suggest.
Damn! If he is an Albanian passport holder he is an Albanian passport holder, how is that something to question?

My family is of German origin, but my passport says American. I can't vote in a German election, I don't pay German taxes, and low and be hold I can't speak German; well for now. It doesn't matter where your origin is, it's where your passport states...but you want to argue. So it's understandable that won't understand this.
This user would like to thank Confloozed for this useful post: