View Single Post
Old 30.04.2012, 08:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Changes at Sunrise

For the last 10 years or so Sunrise was owned by Tele-Denmark (TDC) and altho they could never match Swisscom in terms of size, they were always a good choice for a budget operator with a "good network at a good price". Since TDC sold Sunrise in 2010 to CVC Partners (investment firm) the quality has noticeably gone down. Sunrise had always ranked #2 in the "Connect" test, but has now for the first time fell back to the 3rd spot, behind Swisscom and Orange. As a Sunrise subscriber, I have also noticed the drop in quality, coupled with an increase in prices, and opted to cancel my Sunrise abo this year.

Looking to the future, it was announced last week that Sunrise will outsource their whole network operations for the next 5 years to the Chinese company Huawei. No doubt alot of current Sunrise and Alcatel-Lucent employees (currently running the network) will unfortunately be forced out of work as jobs are moved to China.

In my view, it all kind of sad, because Sunrise was a company I used to like, and gave a good challenge to Swisscom. But the new direction they have taken since they left the control of TeleDenmark and into the hands of CVC Capital seems to be only for the worse