View Single Post
Old 30.04.2012, 13:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Changes at Sunrise

Quote:
View Post
this kind of thing cracks me up, having worked in telco's for many years I have to ask just what people think a gov would be listening to?? do you think they hire hundreds of thousands of people to sit there and listen to peoples mindless drivel?? sure they can target someone to listen to (law permitting) but they have always been able to do this.
Of course nobody is interested in my or your calls, but if they have access to the phones of people in government, business leaders, bank officials, etc. I'm sure some interesting info could be gleaned. They wouldn't need to hire hundreds of thousands of people to listen to the calls, but if they did, they could just borrow some that are already monitoring the calls inside China

Quote:
View Post
seems this week is knock sunrise week regardless of the actual facts
No facts? Three countries (US, Australia, India) have publicly said they have blocked Huawei from participating in network tenders due to security reasons. That has never happened before with any other network vendor to my knowledge.

Quote:
A U.S. intelligence report for the first time links China’s largest telecommunications company to Beijing’s KGB-like intelligence service and says the company recently received nearly a quarter-billion dollars from the Chinese government.

The disclosures are a setback for Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.’s efforts to break into the U.S. telecommunications market. The company has been blocked from doing so three times by the U.S. government because of concerns about its links to the Chinese government.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...stry/?page=all