View Single Post
Old 18.05.2012, 10:08
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
darkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond repute
Renewing an expired UK passport from CH

Hello,

I have a query regarding my soon to be expired passport 26/06. I havent had the chance to renew it due to a lot of travel since last year.

I am going to the UK for 3 weeks on 5th June and I was going to apply whilst I am there, but reading the website it warns of their busy period is now and that its not guaranteed to be returned within 3 weeks. There is the fast track option but it requires a visit to the Passport issuing office in London, which I was hoping to avoid.

The other option I was considering is returning on my passport that will expire after I arrive back in CH and applying via Paris as I don't plan to travel for a while afterward. My question is, and I can't find the answer on the website, can I apply for a renewal of my British passport that would have expired during the application process to Paris? Will this be a standard renewal or will I need to start a whole new application process?

Any adive welcome. Thanks.