View Single Post
Old 18.05.2012, 15:28
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 1,302 Times in 701 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Renewing an expired UK passport from CH

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I have a query regarding my soon to be expired passport 26/06. I havent had the chance to renew it due to a lot of travel since last year.

I am going to the UK for 3 weeks on 5th June and I was going to apply whilst I am there, but reading the website it warns of their busy period is now and that its not guaranteed to be returned within 3 weeks. There is the fast track option but it requires a visit to the Passport issuing office in London, which I was hoping to avoid.

The other option I was considering is returning on my passport that will expire after I arrive back in CH and applying via Paris as I don't plan to travel for a while afterward. My question is, and I can't find the answer on the website, can I apply for a renewal of my British passport that would have expired during the application process to Paris? Will this be a standard renewal or will I need to start a whole new application process?

Any adive welcome. Thanks.
If your passport is still valid for your return jouney to Switzerland then sending it off to Paris when you arrive back with only a day or two left on it won't be a problem. I used mine last year for a visit to the UK when it was within a few days of running out and the only 'inconvenience' was being reminded by people at the border both ways that it needed renewing.
I sent it straight off to Paris on my return and it would have expired the day it arrived at their office. I had no problems with renewing it, just filled in the usual form, sent them a large amount of dosh and it was returned in about ten days.