View Single Post
Old 03.04.2008, 13:21
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
FriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich vs Winterthur

I live in Winterthur and work in Zürich

If you will work in Winti then I recommend you live in Winterthur, this will make travelling so much easier and give you a lot more time during the day (even though Zurich is only 25min by train).

The train connections from Winterthur main station to Zurich main station are really good, lots of trains, and lots of them are the fast trains (one 1 stop between Winti and Zuri). Last train at night is around 00:30 I think, from Zuri back to Winti.

Winterthur has a nice compact old town with everything in walking distance, if you can find an apartment in or around the main railway station in Winterthur, then you will be walking distance from the biggest supermarket in Winterthur (Migro Neuwiesen), the old town with bars, shopping, cinemas etc, and of course the main train station.

Winterthur is nice to live, and feels more Swiss than Zurich - which is more international.

We live on the edge of Winti, with a farm over the fence, nice for our children.