View Single Post
Old 11.01.2017, 16:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 16,408 Times in 5,358 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you compromise on? (property search)

Quote:
View Post
Interesting, we could be neighbors. ...If you are talking about Marigin Klinik, then this was one of the reasons why I liked the SZ property, too. It was really close to the house which I found a fantastic benefit. When our dogs are older the proximity to the clinic is godsend. But then again, it had way too many stairs for our girl to handle.
I am indeed, Marigin is fantastic, a huge plus for the community.

Everyone has a different definition of the factors that go into 'Location, location, location'... mine is all about the Mutts.

---

Stairs are indeed something to consider, and in this area one would be hard pressed to find a house without stairs leading to the property.

Years ago when needed I could easily carry Psychocollie and Melon, my large collies, up and down the stairs. But I'm older now and I worry that when Heffalump too reaches that point I'll probably be too wobbly myself to be of much use. Hopefully I'll find a solution before that happens. But it underscores a point:

Given that moving isn't always easy in Switzerland, when considering compromises think not only of what you need now, but also what you will likely need in a decade and beyond.
The following 3 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: