View Single Post
Old 14.08.2009, 13:33

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
roby1984 has no particular reputation at present
Alpine/ice/sport/indoor climbing in Lausanne

Hi, I will start my Ph.D studies in Lausanne in September, and I am trying to figure out how much I will be able to practice my favourite sports there.
I have looked previous threads and it seems that climbing in Lausanne is very difficult, since the only indoor wall is at EPFL and is quite poor (does anyone have first-hand information about it? How big is it? Does anyone go there in the evenings?).
Are there icefalls in the winter in the nearby?
I don't have a car, and I will finish working around 6 or 7pm, I won't thus be able to travel very far from EPFL.
Is anyone looking for a climbing partner for weekends? I am not really experienced, and I have stopped rock climbing for a while (6 months) because I am really busy. One year ago (when I was better trained) I was used to lead climb on 6a/6b on sport routes, climbed as a second up to 7a+/7b (French grades), IV/V (UIAAA) on traditional routes (but now I am surely on lower grades).
Last winter I have taken an ice climbing course, I do not have lead yet (since it was forbidden owing to insurance issues), but I have top-roped up to 5+ (so, knowing technical issues quite good, I should be able to lead on lower grades).
I also enjoy climbing 3/4000 meters peaks (although I have climbed just a few of them).
Can anyone help me please?
Thank you very much for your time.
Roberto