View Single Post
Old 19.07.2006, 10:29
Forum Legend

Groaned at 46 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 4,839 Times in 1,684 Posts
Nickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Walking in ZH

Quote:
Personally I'm not so sure about that - I get quite irritated here by the number of times I find someone unashamedly staring at me - sometimes for up to 10 seconds. It's as if their parents never told them that staring at people was rude

I haven't experienced the walking issue yet but not been here that long but I have however experienced the staring, i find people staring all the time on trams, cafe's, shops etc.... its very unnerving and I start to check if my skirt is tucked in my knickers or a piece of loo role is stuck to my shoe as i have no other idea why they are staring - the worst instance of staring i encountered was when some people moved into the block opposite us, I live on the roof of a building and I was sat outside with my husband, some people moved into an appartment opposite and they had friends round, they were all standing in their wintergarden just blatently staring over at us for ages, at least 10 mins, I felt soo uncomfortable I ended up going inside and eventually putting the shutters down to get a bit of privacy - maybe its because I am British and we are a particularly private nation but I really do find it uncomfoortable and was brought up not to invade peoples privacy and space.

This is the once side of swiss culture that I have struggled to get to grips with and accept.

Nicky