View Single Post
Old 05.05.2010, 13:41

Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
parkadam has an excellent reputationparkadam has an excellent reputationparkadam has an excellent reputationparkadam has an excellent reputation
Re: When you register at the 'gemeinde' do you get a permit automatically?

Quote:
View Post
I've just registered at the 'gemeinde' bringing all documents required as EU and my partner holder of B permit.

Does it mean that I'll get a permit soon or later in my letter box?

My partner says that I've only 'registered' and I should go back and ask explicitly for a permit.

I am confused since I don't speak German and my partner's speaking skills might not be too good neither (he is only one year here).

I only assumed that since he was there and had to give his details, and we also live together, I am going to get 'automatically' a B permit (or at least a L permit).
Is that a dream?
Because otherwise I misunderstood everything!
I thought that I was not allowed to stay here without working unless I lived with my partner..

Thanks for your help.
You should be qualified for B-permit if that is what your partner has, its duration and experiation will be the same as your partner. You should double check that the gemeindehaus people were clear on why your were registering and that they received a copy of your partners permit (or rather linked you registration to hers); again, you should mentioned the purpose of your registration so there is no miscommunication. But i'm sure you are not the first to have registered as certainly I was not the first when I did it.

Depending on where you registered, you may have to wait 3 or so months and you will get letter from the immigration dept. for additional info which is referenced else where in the forum.

Make sure you get that green letter that serves as your confirmation that you are registered and that the application is in process. you will need that letter in order to procede with the settling tasks of opening a back account, etc.

good luck.
The following 2 users would like to thank parkadam for this useful post: