View Single Post
Old 10.09.2010, 12:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 273 Times in 222 Posts
Thanked 7,755 Times in 3,116 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are the higher salaries worth it overall ?

OP, if you love biking, hiking skiing, or outdoor pursuits in general then you will love it here. It also has a good nightlife imo compared to many places of a similar size. With 120k as a single man living in a circa 1800CHF apartment you will save a ton every month unless you spend like a lunatic, guaranteed. In fact, after rent and bills you would have around 5k a month to play with.

Quote:
View Post
What's boring for one may not be boring for another. My life style was much more boring back in the UK

120k CHF for a couple or family I think still allows for a very decent lifestyle
Completely agree, Zurich is as boring as you want it to be. If you make some friends and get involved in what's going on, as and when you want to, then I don't see how it can be boring. I always think of the old quotes:

"Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored."

"People who have nothing to do are quickly tired of their own company."

"Boredom comes from a boring mind."

"Only those who want everything done for them are bored."

"Being bored is an insult to oneself."

Take your pick.