The British Classic Car show
is back at Morges on Saturday October 6th and I'll be there again with my British cheese stall and some extras for this year including:
Mini Ploughmans Lunch - cheese, simple salad, pickled onions, chutney and bread.
Pimm's... the best in Switzerland! (IMO of course)
British Ale (and hopefully cider) as well as proper Ginger Beer.
Scones and Clotted Cream - to eat there and take home
as well as a small selection of my best selling cheeses, crackers, chutneys and fudge. If there is enough demand (let me know here) I'll bring some bagels too but I won't be able to serve them toasted with cheese this year.
There is usually about 1500 cars turn up from all over Europe but the day really is very family friendly, hopefully I will get the same spot as last year right next to the lawn by the lake (it's a really beautiful location) so bring some picnic blankets and chairs and we'll show the locals how to really enjoy an English picnic.
Thanks already to Sky for emailing the Morges police for me in the local lingo to sort out the temporary alcohol license but if anyone else would like to earn a lunch and some drinks, I could do with a few volunteers for an hour or so to help serve drinks and fetch more ice from the local petrol station.
Looking forward to seeing you all down there again!
(and if you can't make this one I will be back in Geneva the following Saturday 13th at the Moevenpick wine shop and on the Sunday 14th at the Expat Expo in central Geneva) The British Cheese Centre https://www.facebook.com/BritishCheeseCentre
RSVP'd Yes: 16
(10 members and 6 guests)
RSVP'd Maybe: 11
- Angela-74 + 1 guest
- TheSpouse + 1 guest
- Grumpy, I can help you serve from 11 to 1 or so. (Especially if it means I can avoid wandering around looking at cars with Mr. Spouse!)
- nic80 + 1 guest
- I've let the S'n'B know. I'm happy to help serve for a couple of hours. Just let me know if/ when you need help.
- Chris77 + 1 guest
- smackerjack + 1 guest
- happy to give a hand too!
- miniMia + 1 guest
- What cheeses you bringing?
- old cars, cheese, ploughmans, what a temptation. The weather will be good, http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2659994
(6 members and 5 guests)
RSVP'd No: 5
- Belgianmum + 2 guests
- If we come this year I'll send the boys round to look at the cars and spend my time chilling by the lake.
- McTAVGE + 3 guests
- Not sure if I can make it. finance are not brilliant.
- Looking more like 90% plus. Coming with Vanilla and maybe one friend.
- this is the weekend of my boys weekend away :-(
- Back in the UK . . GRRRRRR.
- the mini one is with her father so I need to be in Basel :(
- I will be in the Valais until Sunday, 7th, so hope to catch up with you the following weekend in Geneva.
- Swiss Cheddar
- sounds cool, but its my birthday and i will be drunk with my rugby team.