Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Market Place > Market Place > Commercial
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 31.08.2015, 14:29
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Dear EF users,
I am starting to import new VW cars into Switzerland (direct import) and I thought I would share it with you on the forum.
Cars are moving directly from dealer and we take care of the transport and import procedures.
There are approximately 100 models available currently (we are cooperating with one dealer). The only thing is that you can only choose the ones that are physically available.
Here are some examples:
- Golf GTI, grey
- Passat Variant 150km, DSG
- Golf R White
- Golf highline, DSG
- Golf Variant Highline 140 km
- Passat Limousine Comfortline 2.0 150 km
I can provide detailed specification upon request. If you are interested in an offer, or have questions Ė just send me a PA. We should be able to provide prices lower than the ones from Swiss dealers. I however prefer to provide the price and overview for a specific model.
Enjoy Monday

gilbert
Attached Thumbnails
direct-import-new-cars-ef.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 31.08.2015, 14:49
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: geneve
Posts: 737
Groaned at 328 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 1,374 Times in 546 Posts
idefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of many
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

What kind of percentage savings do you offer compared to a Swiss dealer?

How can you be competitive acting as a middle man when already the German dealers can sell direct to a Swiss resident and deliver in Switzerland?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank idefix for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 31.08.2015, 15:05
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 10,067
Groaned at 267 Times in 211 Posts
Thanked 14,179 Times in 5,757 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
Dear EF users,
I am starting to import new VW cars into Switzerland (direct import) and I thought I would share it with you on the forum.
Cars are moving directly from dealer and we take care of the transport and import procedures.
There are approximately 100 models available currently (we are cooperating with one dealer). The only thing is that you can only choose the ones that are physically available.
Here are some examples:
- Golf GTI, grey
- Passat Variant 150km, DSG
- Golf R White
- Golf highline, DSG
- Golf Variant Highline 140 km
- Passat Limousine Comfortline 2.0 150 km
I can provide detailed specification upon request. If you are interested in an offer, or have questions Ė just send me a PA. We should be able to provide prices lower than the ones from Swiss dealers. I however prefer to provide the price and overview for a specific model.
Enjoy Monday

gilbert
A bit more transparency would be good.

We bought an imported car here from a Swiss dealer (imported from the Netherlands) but all his prices were upfront.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 31.08.2015, 15:21
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
What kind of percentage savings do you offer compared to a Swiss dealer?

How can you be competitive acting as a middle man when already the German dealers can sell direct to a Swiss resident and deliver in Switzerland?
Hi Idefix,

It very much depends on the model l, engine and the additional accessories Ė itís pretty much individual. Taking for example the Passat Variant, 150PS, DSG I would say that itís around 10%.
You can refer to the following link:
http://app.volkswagen.ch/ihdcc/de/configurator.html

and I can share all the specifications if you wish. It is c.a. 44k CHF, compared to my price of approx. 39-40k CHF.
To answer your second question Ė my contact is located in Poland and this is the main reason for the price advantage. Generally speaking, different models are positioned differently price wise in Germany and Poland and usually you are able to find better prices in Poland. Thatís why our offer is more competitive.
All our new cars come from Poland. They are not necessarily made there. The same rule would be applicable to cars imported from Germany in the other hand, as different models are made in different countries.

Regards,

Gilbert

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31.08.2015, 15:27
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
A bit more transparency would be good.

We bought an imported car here from a Swiss dealer (imported from the Netherlands) but all his prices were upfront.
Hi Tom1234,

This is exactly the same process in fact and I can provide price indication and all details for a specific model upon individual request. Prices in Poland are also lower than the ones in the Netherlands, so it could be an interesting option to consider in future.





If you have any other questions Ė just let me know.


Regards,

gilbert
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank gilbert for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 31.08.2015, 15:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,654
Groaned at 152 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,578 Times in 3,220 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Good luck. 32.5k for a new passat on autoscout
http://www.autoscout24.ch/de/d/vw-pa...2492&vehtyp=10
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 31.08.2015, 18:00
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
Good luck. 32.5k for a new passat on autoscout
http://www.autoscout24.ch/de/d/vw-pa...2492&vehtyp=10

Hi k_and_e,

Thank you very much for your comments. I was actually not expecting so many replies.

I checked this ad in details and it looks expensive!

It is a little bit sensitive and it all depends on what you are looking for. I have shared an indication for a highline (top) model, while you are referring to a basic one. It does make a difference and on top the one presented earlier has almost all additional equipment including the business package. There are 20+ elements consisting of navigation, alarm, sunroof, 8 speakers, 64GB hard disc, parking assistant etc. It would be more than 20 additional elements, on top of the standard Highline elements.

Please do not consider it an offer, as I donít think this is the right place. I just checked and for your price range, I could offer a model having the following additional equipment (not available in the one from your link):
- Foldable mirrors
- Back/reverse camera
- Chromed roof rails

Alternatively, I could offer the same specification at lower price (depending on the car/model availability).
Let me please know if you are interested.
Regards,

Gilbert
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01.09.2015, 15:53
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

I am also adding the Autoscout screenshot to be able to refer to the ad when it expires.
I will be actually importing a similar car within the next month. Let me please know if you are interested.

Regards,

Gilbert
Attached Thumbnails
direct-import-new-cars-autoscout.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04.09.2015, 08:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: north
Posts: 6,134
Groaned at 226 Times in 146 Posts
Thanked 5,094 Times in 2,632 Posts
rob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Do you have free floating stock.or do you require a firm order with payment up front?
What are your guarantees?

Why should someone choose you instead of paying about 500 euro to a German dealer for the same service and similar prices?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rob1 for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 04.09.2015, 08:56
Sbrinz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 10,978
Groaned at 542 Times in 342 Posts
Thanked 10,579 Times in 5,411 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

2 years ago we bought a brand new Skoda (Our specifications) with a 30 % discount against Swiss catalogue prices, from here, http://www.autobuehler.ch/
& so I think you need to revise your prices, Hr Buehler also manages to make a profit! He also sells VW & Toyota.

Neuwagen Offerte Datum 06.08.2013 (6. August 2013 new car offer, 10% deposit paid with the firm order)
Gerne offerieren wir Ihnen folgendes Fahrzeugangebot
Marke/Typ: SKODA FABIA Hatchback Mod. 2014 Hubraum: 1197
Zylinder: 4. PS: 105 TSi
Getriebe: Automatikgetriebe Treibstoffart: Benzin
Farbe: Blau. Polster: Onyx/Silbergrau Armaturenbrett: Onyx/Silbergrau
EZ: 08/13 Km-Stand: ~ 0 <- brand new car

Fahrzeugpreis basis 19'100.00 <- Swiss catalogue price
Sonderausstattung 3'840.00 <- optional extras, our choices!
Fahrzeugpreis 22'940.00 <- intermediate Swiss car price

Preisnachlass -7'000.00 <- DISCOUNT 30.51%

Auslieferungspauschale 400.00 <- delivery charge
Total Netto 16'340.00 <- net price
MWSt 8% Steuer 1'307.20 <- sales tax VAT
Fahrzeugpreis inkl. 8 % MWST, (1307.20) SFr 16'340.00 Sfr <- Total drive away price, 90% balance paid in cash upon delivery

.

Last edited by Sbrinz; 04.09.2015 at 09:15.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sbrinz for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 05.09.2015, 20:57
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
Do you have free floating stock.or do you require a firm order with payment up front?
What are your guarantees?

Why should someone choose you instead of paying about 500 euro to a German dealer for the same service and similar prices?
Good Evening Rob1,
Thank you very much for your comment and a valid point. I agree with you, as it could be hard to trust someone you donít know and something you are not able to check in advance. I believe that I should try to co-operate with one of dealers and become their supplier.
One the other hand, I can also sell directly for individual requests. Itís may still make sense to risk 6000 CHF in order to save 1000 at the end. This is my idea for 30k car, where I take 20% in advance and the rest is paid when the order is finalized in car has arrived Switzerland.

I am actually importing the first car within the next 2-3 weeks from now. Letís see how it goes.
Regards,

Gilbert
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05.09.2015, 21:01
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
2 years ago we bought a brand new Skoda (Our specifications) with a 30 % discount against Swiss catalogue prices, from here, http://www.autobuehler.ch/
& so I think you need to revise your prices, Hr Buehler also manages to make a profit! He also sells VW & Toyota.

Neuwagen Offerte Datum 06.08.2013 (6. August 2013 new car offer, 10% deposit paid with the firm order)
Gerne offerieren wir Ihnen folgendes Fahrzeugangebot
Marke/Typ: SKODA FABIA Hatchback Mod. 2014 Hubraum: 1197
Zylinder: 4. PS: 105 TSi
Getriebe: Automatikgetriebe Treibstoffart: Benzin
Farbe: Blau. Polster: Onyx/Silbergrau Armaturenbrett: Onyx/Silbergrau
EZ: 08/13 Km-Stand: ~ 0 <- brand new car

Fahrzeugpreis basis 19'100.00 <- Swiss catalogue price
Sonderausstattung 3'840.00 <- optional extras, our choices!
Fahrzeugpreis 22'940.00 <- intermediate Swiss car price

Preisnachlass -7'000.00 <- DISCOUNT 30.51%

Auslieferungspauschale 400.00 <- delivery charge
Total Netto 16'340.00 <- net price
MWSt 8% Steuer 1'307.20 <- sales tax VAT
Fahrzeugpreis inkl. 8 % MWST, (1307.20) SFr 16'340.00 Sfr <- Total drive away price, 90% balance paid in cash upon delivery

.


This is indeed a sharp one, but I have already decided to take the risk and import the first car. Thank you all for your earlier comments. I have started the discussion focusing and referring to VW Passat Variant Highline, while I will be importing VW Passat Comfortline, as based on earlier comments - it is price, price and price which is the most important and decisive element.

Keep your fingers crossed please.

Gilbert
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06.09.2015, 01:08
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 936
Groaned at 74 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 916 Times in 553 Posts
yacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputation
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

I've priced a MB V-Klasse on MB websites in CH, DE and PL.
CH prices are at least 10% above DE and 20% above PL for the same basic spec car, which makes the difference about CHF 10k for a car which costs about 60k in CH and 50k in PL.
Quite a difference which I wasn't expecting.

Just don't extend this to buying a used car in Poland as odometer fraud is very common, not mentioning other "issues".
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06.09.2015, 13:27
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,465
Groaned at 50 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,228 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Just realized that the volkswagen.pl site doesn't have the "new" Sharan model up.
Seems it's not launched there, yet.
Or the website is a mess.
On the Swiss volkswagen.ch site, the Sharan isn't in the "model overview" page (not even the old model), but there's a rotating banner for it, which brings you to the model-page, which has a configurator-link...).

Not currently in the market, but will be at some point in the future.

Do you trade only VW or also Seat?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06.09.2015, 16:37
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 936
Groaned at 74 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 916 Times in 553 Posts
yacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputation
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

According to press the new Sharan should be sold in PL since August:
http://m.auto-swiat.pl/zdjecia,8d9gt5

Sharan is the same as Seat Alhambra - maybe without some pricier options to push customers to buy VW. So might be worth checking new Alhambra prices as well.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07.09.2015, 10:37
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
Just realized that the volkswagen.pl site doesn't have the "new" Sharan model up.
Seems it's not launched there, yet.
Or the website is a mess.
On the Swiss volkswagen.ch site, the Sharan isn't in the "model overview" page (not even the old model), but there's a rotating banner for it, which brings you to the model-page, which has a configurator-link...).

Not currently in the market, but will be at some point in the future.

Do you trade only VW or also Seat?

Hello rainer_d,


I just checked with VW Dealer in Poland and the new VW Sharan will be available from October 2015. The same should apply to Seat Alhambra, as itís actually the same concept.



I could check both. I have not yet compared prices, but it may be that with our VW discount levels, Sharan will be cheaper than Alhambra for the same specification.



Should I contact you when the new model is available?



Have a smooth start on Monday.



Gilbert
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07.09.2015, 21:26
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,465
Groaned at 50 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,228 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
Hello rainer_d,


Should I contact you when the new model is available?



Have a smooth start on Monday.



Gilbert

Yeah, late October is probably OK.
But I don't really know when I'm going to buy a new car. The old one will not live forever, though (or rather it looks like it will, if I continue to pour enough CHF into it for maintenance every year...).

So don't expect an order on 1st October, OK?
;-)

I'm pretty sure I'm trading in my old car.
A direct import will have to beat the price the dealer here gives me (minus any rebates, minus the amount I get from the trade-in, minus the value of whatever service packages gets thrown in (though it's often difficult to actually attribute a monetary value to it, as you've still got to pay parts etc.)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09.09.2015, 11:30
gilbert's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
gilbert has no particular reputation at present
Re: DIRECT IMPORT - new cars

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, late October is probably OK.
But I don't really know when I'm going to buy a new car. The old one will not live forever, though (or rather it looks like it will, if I continue to pour enough CHF into it for maintenance every year...).

So don't expect an order on 1st October, OK?
;-)

I'm pretty sure I'm trading in my old car.
A direct import will have to beat the price the dealer here gives me (minus any rebates, minus the amount I get from the trade-in, minus the value of whatever service packages gets thrown in (though it's often difficult to actually attribute a monetary value to it, as you've still got to pay parts etc.)

It can be any time actually and just let me know when you are interested. In fact Ė I have found a partner, who will help me in selling the imported cars. I am sure that they will be able to offer you a discount based on our old car.
I am planning to import the first car at the beginning of the next month. It has just arrived from the production plant. We need some time for the export document, admin and transport, but itís coming soon.
Regards,

Gilbert
Attached Thumbnails
direct-import-new-cars-vw-passat-variant.jpg  
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gaah! Very pissed off! [Next Direct import charges] Island Monkey Complaints corner 131 24.08.2016 20:13
Advice needed on direct import, and extended warranty Goats Transportation/driving 2 17.08.2015 00:48
Importing cars into Switzerland: info on import duties Marusha Transportation/driving 67 30.08.2012 19:34
Looking for a garage that can import cars doo Transportation/driving 1 06.09.2010 15:59
5 cars and trailer to import gordoni7 Insurance 0 21.08.2009 11:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0