Well, after 3 months of various tug-of-wars with Orange, I thought it's time to share, as I don't really have any idea how to proceed
I'm here on an L-permit and so is my wife. Using this L-permit I bought an iPhone + abo. This in itself was kind of lame from the start:
1. Order through the website
2. Got an email asking for a fax with my permit
3. Try to send the fax, number is not working
4. Call them and get another fax number
5. Try to send the fax, number is not working either
6. Call them again, ask if i can send by email, answer is no, fax only
7. Go to Orange dealer, give them permit to fax, they have no luck either
8. Call again, this time i'm informed i can send it by mail
9. Send by mail. Ask for confirmation. No answer after various emails for the next two weeks.
10. Call again to check if they got it, they did.
11. I get the phone some month and a half later
Now I'd like to do the same for my wife (minus the phone) and it's basically the same workflow repeated, except:
7. Go to Orange dealer, they told me they sent it ok.
8. On the way home I look at the fax paper, it says "send error"
9. I call to ask if they got it, after some long pauses and fumbling they tell me they do and I'll get the sim-card in the next days.
10. Holidays pass (about 1 month). I don't get anything.
11. I call again, the guy tells me I need to call between 9-19, because they'll need to talk to my wife.
12. The next day I call in the given interval, I'm told the order was canceled. They don't know why, but they'll email the other department to check and call me back in the next 24h.
13. They don't call me back, so I call them. Finally I'm told she needs to pay a security deposit to get the abo, because of the L-permit. I tell them I didn't have to pay such a thing, and I got a 300sfr phone, not a 10sfr abo. They tell me those are the rules and there's nothing I can do about it. I ask why those rules didn't apply to me. They don't know and the guy quite frankly sent me on my way.
So finally I'm at the point that I don't know what to do. I got Orange because I'm an Orange customer for 10 years in my home country, where I really have nothing to complain about...in 10 years! Here, it's like a nightmare filled with incompetent zombies.
I've tried finding some email address or phone number or something where I can file a complaint, but couldn't find any. I'd normally dump them, but given I have Orange I'd of course rather have my wife on Orange too.
In the end...I guess there is no purpose to this post, other than to vent and maybe let others know to choose other providers (although from what I've heard, it's not sure they're better).
ps: i'm probably going to get a prepaid card