Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 26.05.2012, 14:16
kri's Avatar
kri kri is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,030
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 647 Times in 366 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
So that they do what is the NORM in industry ! To delete negative inputs and so have a nice "rating" do you really believe in the scrap elsewhere ?
Guess i am naive :-(
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 26.05.2012, 19:41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aargau
Posts: 62
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 64 Times in 34 Posts
amch has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

I had a very good experience with Babyjoe just this past week. I ordered a babygate, received order confirmation right away, shipping confirmation in 4 days and actual shipment was delivered within a week. Easy and reasonably priced.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 28.05.2012, 10:41
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,028
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,712 Times in 6,857 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
I had a very good experience with Babyjoe just this past week. I ordered a babygate, received order confirmation right away, shipping confirmation in 4 days and actual shipment was delivered within a week. Easy and reasonably priced.
Another proof of the fact that things in any company can go right and wrong. It is obvious that if something starts to go wrong it will continue to go wrong or even deteriorate

If you, in whatever function, manage to get a problem under control, you will get the respect of the customer. Things often do not depend on the companies as a whole but on the singple person(s) in charge
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01.06.2012, 22:21
suissa's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 189
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 123 Times in 61 Posts
suissa has an excellent reputationsuissa has an excellent reputationsuissa has an excellent reputationsuissa has an excellent reputation
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
So that they do what is the NORM in industry ! To delete negative inputs and so have a nice "rating" do you really believe in the scrap elsewhere ?
Not all web shops are the same, I assure you that bad reputation spreads quickly. Do you think that sites such as Amazon, eBay or trip advisor would have reached critical mass of customers by telling lies or hiding bad ratings?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01.06.2012, 23:37
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Kirsty8134 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

I also recently had good experience with an order for a buggy board placed through Babyjoe.ch. Very timely responses and delivery.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 18.10.2012, 12:11
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Yurona has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

I.'m currently waiting for an item ordered more than 4 weeks ago ( item was marked " in stock"). No replies to my emails......
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 26.10.2012, 12:55
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
TheMorgans has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
I.'m currently waiting for an item ordered more than 4 weeks ago ( item was marked " in stock"). No replies to my emails......
We had a really terrible experience with Babyjoe and I thought I might share it with you

8 weeks ago, we ordered a pram from Babyjoe and paid in advance. (It's not a small amount of money... but since it worked perfectly fine with 4mybaby several times, so we thought the same would apply to Babyjoe)

So the pram is supposed to ship within 3-5 Working days...

We waited 2 weeks before calling them, since we didn't get any notice or the pram. I told the hotline, what was going on and the guy hung up on me. After this, nobody would pick up the phone. It took me a whole day to reach someone from Babyjoe again. Then they said that they don't have the pram and that I could cancel the order.

I suggested that they'd send me an E-mail with the cancellation confirmation. Another 2 days of calling and I received the E-mail, yay!

In the E-mail it says that I should give them my account details, so that they'd refund the amount.

Now, 5 week later, still no money in sight.

Now, we've informed the police in Wil (St. Gallen) and the Betreibungsamt.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 28.10.2012, 15:28
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Yurona has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

U'm also still waitign for my order - didn't pay in advance though, and its not essential stuff, so I'm annoyed ( and certainly will never use them again), but otherwise not too bothered.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 28.10.2012, 15:38
ElggDK's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa - Canada
Posts: 949
Groaned at 53 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 1,268 Times in 565 Posts
ElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

I have said it before and will gladly repeat it again....NEVER NEVER NEVER pay in advance.....NEVER.

Take your business elsewhere. There is always another supplier.


Quote:
View Post
We had a really terrible experience with Babyjoe and I thought I might share it with you

8 weeks ago, we ordered a pram from Babyjoe and paid in advance. (It's not a small amount of money... but since it worked perfectly fine with 4mybaby several times, so we thought the same would apply to Babyjoe)

So the pram is supposed to ship within 3-5 Working days...

We waited 2 weeks before calling them, since we didn't get any notice or the pram. I told the hotline, what was going on and the guy hung up on me. After this, nobody would pick up the phone. It took me a whole day to reach someone from Babyjoe again. Then they said that they don't have the pram and that I could cancel the order.

I suggested that they'd send me an E-mail with the cancellation confirmation. Another 2 days of calling and I received the E-mail, yay!

In the E-mail it says that I should give them my account details, so that they'd refund the amount.

Now, 5 week later, still no money in sight.

Now, we've informed the police in Wil (St. Gallen) and the Betreibungsamt.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 28.10.2012, 15:53
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
TheMorgans has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
I have said it before and will gladly repeat it again....NEVER NEVER NEVER pay in advance.....NEVER.

Take your business elsewhere. There is always another supplier.
Lesson learnt, and yes fortunately there are more shops around... BUT: We thought it doesn't hurt if more people know about their practices.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TheMorgans for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 28.10.2012, 16:25
ElggDK's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa - Canada
Posts: 949
Groaned at 53 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 1,268 Times in 565 Posts
ElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond reputeElggDK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
Lesson learnt, and yes fortunately there are more shops around... BUT: We thought it doesn't hurt if more people know about their practices.
I appreciate your concern.

In Denmark web-shops can get a certain official quality approval (quality in terms of business moral) and if you apply and get approved for this approval, you are not allowed to offer your customers to pay up front. Too much protection to my taste but normally rules are not establish without a course so apparently a lot of businesses have received pay and not delivered over the years.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 27.11.2012, 14:12
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 236
Groaned at 11 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 143 Times in 83 Posts
annas has made some interesting contributions
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

I am waiting for my money to be paid back far too long, after the delayed too much a delivery that I had to cancel the order.
If anyone knows what can I actually do to speed the process, I would very much appreciate. Did it actually help to call the police or the Betreibungsamt?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 27.11.2012, 16:04
kri's Avatar
kri kri is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,030
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 647 Times in 366 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
I am waiting for my money to be paid back far too long, after the delayed too much a delivery that I had to cancel the order.
If anyone knows what can I actually do to speed the process, I would very much appreciate. Did it actually help to call the police or the Betreibungsamt?
How long have you waited? If it is not a big amaount and less than 30 days I would just wait.

They are obviously really crap and going down the drain....

Guess it is a matter of time before they shut
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kri for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 27.11.2012, 16:08
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: north
Posts: 6,134
Groaned at 226 Times in 146 Posts
Thanked 5,094 Times in 2,632 Posts
rob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
I am waiting for my money to be paid back far too long, after the delayed too much a delivery that I had to cancel the order.
If anyone knows what can I actually do to speed the process, I would very much appreciate. Did it actually help to call the police or the Betreibungsamt?
send them a mail saying you want an instant refund or you will issue a betribung, wait 2 or 3 days and then do it.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rob1 for this useful post:
  #35  
Old 01.10.2013, 22:53
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 507
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 457 Times in 220 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Hi
Just wanted to share my positive feedback about babyjoe
ordered the dondolo hängematte from them, ordered it on sunday evening, And was positively surprised to get my courier today (Tuesday afternoon)
Probably they have improved or may be I was plain lucky!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 18.11.2013, 21:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
TheMorgans has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Sorry for the late reply, life with a baby is a bit insane

We got our money back in the end, however, only AFTER I've issued a Betreibung and a complaint at the police. The officer was familiar with the practice of this company, stating that if you pay in advance, they simply do not deliver.

We had to wait 8 weeks for the mess to be sorted out.

However, if you simply order and click "Auf Rechnung", then it should be straight forward, because they want you to pay their bill...

So, we'll never order from this shop again and will share our experience with everyone we know and don't know
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank TheMorgans for this useful post:
  #37  
Old 11.01.2015, 09:37
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 235
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 43 Posts
Harrie Nak has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Bumping an old thread as it seems Babjoe still hasn't got their sh*t together.

Bought and instantly paid a grand worth of baby furniture a week ago, but have yet to hear back (even after asking about the status).
The stuff was listed as being in stock, however now is listed as having a 4-6 weeks delivery time. It better be because of my order...

PS: Even though they advertise offering buying on account, I did not have this option when ordering. Maybe that's because I chose to order without creating an account on their website.

Last edited by Harrie Nak; 11.01.2015 at 10:00.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11.01.2015, 16:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AG
Posts: 5,397
Groaned at 149 Times in 107 Posts
Thanked 6,116 Times in 2,894 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Maybe if you read this thread first, you may have thought twice about ordering from them.

Hope you are able to resolve the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11.01.2015, 18:02
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 235
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 43 Posts
Harrie Nak has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
Maybe if you read this thread first, you may have thought twice about ordering from them.

Hope you are able to resolve the problem.
No shit?

I was naive enough to follow colleague's advices to order there, without trying to first dig up a 2.5 year old thread and decide otherwise.

Google cache still shows the items were listed as in stock when I ordered (which I made a screenshot of / will print out).
I'll give them till the end of the month to come up with the goods or my money, before I will file a Betreibung.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Harrie Nak for this useful post:
  #40  
Old 21.01.2015, 14:24
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 235
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 43 Posts
Harrie Nak has no particular reputation at present
Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!

Quote:
View Post
Bumping an old thread as it seems Babjoe still hasn't got their sh*t together.

Bought and instantly paid a grand worth of baby furniture a week ago, but have yet to hear back (even after asking about the status).
The stuff was listed as being in stock, however now is listed as having a 4-6 weeks delivery time. It better be because of my order...

PS: Even though they advertise offering buying on account, I did not have this option when ordering. Maybe that's because I chose to order without creating an account on their website.
How wrong I was!

It took me a phone call, but two weeks after my order was paid the goods were delivered. The friendly gentlemen even helped me carry the stuff up!

So to sum things up the only thing that Babyjoe in my opinion should improve is communication (also looking at the fact that I got a "Versandbestätigung" email AFTER my furniture was delivered).
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Harrie Nak for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trolls beware Gastro Gnome General off-topic 1 15.10.2010 20:10
Buyer Beware simonminissale Insurance 22 15.09.2009 23:01
Vaudoises beware! jenny Insurance 13 28.07.2008 14:10


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0