Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05.10.2012, 13:37
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 143
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 80 Times in 37 Posts
jessieee is considered knowledgeablejessieee is considered knowledgeablejessieee is considered knowledgeable
Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or its just my post man who hates me.

Like most people, me and my boyfriend like to buy things online and have it sent over to us, this is mainly bike parts as we can never find what we need over here. After ordering lots of items the past 2 years we're used to the crazy import tax they charge us for items that cost less than a 5er so this is not what irritates me. We get the items delivered to my work office as there is always someone here to sign for it.

However over the past year, since we have had a new postman for the office, every time we order something, it takes longer for the items to be delivered (this dosent bother me as im sure there are reasonable explanations for this) and every time i go down to the post box i get the dreaded yellow slip.

I can understand why they write the slip if no one is in, however there is aways someone in the office as of 7.30am and they shoot themselves in the foot because they write the time they tried to deliver it which is normally between 9-10am and I know for a fact i am in the office at that time.

Once again i was expecting a packge today (and getting excited about it as it means i can finish building my bike ) and there is nothing....i wait until lunchtime to check the letter box and lo and behold another bl**dy slip is in the box claiming they tried to deliver at 9.38am but no one was here. Its not as if the buzzer is broken as people come in and out all morning. So now, I have to wait until tomorrow to collect it from the post office local to my work which is over 45 minutes away from my home and it also means i cant go biking this weekend because i don't have my final bike part i needed

Do i just have an extremely lazy postman who cant be bothered to get into the lift to bring it to me or does she just hate me?!

I'm never one to complain to companies about bad service (i'm too lazy and cant be bothered with the hassle) but this is really getting on my t*ts now!

Anyone else have this issue and get cheesed off by it or am i just a little bit too angry female on a rant today?

thanks for reading my massive rant
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05.10.2012, 14:10
Murloc's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ticino
Posts: 218
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 201 Times in 104 Posts
Murloc is considered knowledgeableMurloc is considered knowledgeableMurloc is considered knowledgeable
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

if you don't want to file a complaint, nothing is going to happen.
I guess the new postman is lazy or something and thinks he can get away with this. Get him fired.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05.10.2012, 14:15
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy McModface
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,188
Groaned at 50 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 8,034 Times in 2,942 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Next time you order something, keep an eye out for him arriving.

Then wait for him to post the slip, and jump out on him, ninja style.
Reply With Quote
The following 12 users would like to thank mirfield for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 05.10.2012, 14:16
Sbrinz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 10,959
Groaned at 542 Times in 342 Posts
Thanked 10,565 Times in 5,405 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Complain in writing to the post office. He obviously doesn't want to bring it up to your office.

However DHL seem to think it is OK to dump the parcel outside the door.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sbrinz for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 05.10.2012, 14:18
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 143
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 80 Times in 37 Posts
jessieee is considered knowledgeablejessieee is considered knowledgeablejessieee is considered knowledgeable
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

I like the ninja style idea, that sounds great!

Only problem is trying to explain that to my boss when he see's me hiding round the corner with tights over my head instead of an actual ninja outfit... hmm
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05.10.2012, 14:24
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy McModface
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,188
Groaned at 50 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 8,034 Times in 2,942 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
Only problem is trying to explain that to my boss when he see's me hiding round the corner with tights over my head instead of an actual ninja outfit... hmm
As long as you don't work in a bank...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.10.2012, 14:39
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,284
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,178 Times in 5,014 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
I like the ninja style idea, that sounds great!

Only problem is trying to explain that to my boss when he see's me hiding round the corner with tights over my head instead of an actual ninja outfit... hmm
Only at the office Christmas party .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05.10.2012, 15:09
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 143
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 80 Times in 37 Posts
jessieee is considered knowledgeablejessieee is considered knowledgeablejessieee is considered knowledgeable
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
Only at the office Christmas party .
damn it! i thought i took all those pictures down off the internet.

better be careful this year. maybe thats why the postman hates me
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05.10.2012, 15:27
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,522
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,155 Times in 4,356 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

I'm going to tag onto this thread and add my own rant. I think my local postman is lazy or an idiot. I moved here more than two years ago and was receiving my voting ballots from the U.S. without a problem. This summer came along and my ballots were returned multiple times to my election official as undeliverable. I haven't moved, and I haven't changed my name.

Ok so my ballot says Ms. Wishes (maiden name) and the name on my mailbox says Mrs. Three Wishes (married name). But can they seriously not figure out it is still me?!? They did before, so why not now?

Is it worth writing a letter? Will they actually do anything to improve service? For my very important November ballot, I changed my voting address to my mom's house since I'll be there anyway. But what about next time?

/rant over
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05.10.2012, 15:41
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 11,472
Groaned at 246 Times in 157 Posts
Thanked 13,326 Times in 5,676 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
I'm going to tag onto this thread and add my own rant. I think my local postman is lazy or an idiot. I moved here more than two years ago and was receiving my voting ballots from the U.S. without a problem. This summer came along and my ballots were returned multiple times to my election official as undeliverable. I haven't moved, and I haven't changed my name.

Ok so my ballot says Ms. Wishes (maiden name) and the name on my mailbox says Mrs. Three Wishes (married name). But can they seriously not figure out it is still me?!? They did before, so why not now?

Is it worth writing a letter? Will they actually do anything to improve service? For my very important November ballot, I changed my voting address to my mom's house since I'll be there anyway. But what about next time?

/rant over
put both names on the box
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 05.10.2012, 15:50
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,522
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,155 Times in 4,356 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
put both names on the box
They are. Maybe my example was poor. Trying again (not using my real name of course):

Maiden name Jane Smith. Married name Jane Jones-Smith. Name on mailbox is Jane Jones-Smith.

Does one really need to put Jane Jones-Smith (nee Smith) on the mailbox?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05.10.2012, 15:53
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 11,472
Groaned at 246 Times in 157 Posts
Thanked 13,326 Times in 5,676 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
They are. Maybe my example was poor. Trying again (not using my real name of course):

Maiden name Jane Smith. Married name Jane Jones-Smith. Name on mailbox is Jane Jones-Smith.

Does one really need to put Jane Jones-Smith (nee Smith) on the mailbox?
put both Jane Smith and Jane Jones-Smith on the box, or get your mail addressed correctly. after a 2 year grace period, the postman probably thinks that you are the lazy one for not getting all your affairs up to date.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 05.10.2012, 15:56
TexasLynette's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 365
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 183 Posts
TexasLynette has an excellent reputationTexasLynette has an excellent reputationTexasLynette has an excellent reputationTexasLynette has an excellent reputation
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or its just my post man who hates me.

Like most people, me and my boyfriend like to buy things online and have it sent over to us, this is mainly bike parts as we can never find what we need over here. After ordering lots of items the past 2 years we're used to the crazy import tax they charge us for items that cost less than a 5er so this is not what irritates me. We get the items delivered to my work office as there is always someone here to sign for it.

However over the past year, since we have had a new postman for the office, every time we order something, it takes longer for the items to be delivered (this dosent bother me as im sure there are reasonable explanations for this) and every time i go down to the post box i get the dreaded yellow slip.

I can understand why they write the slip if no one is in, however there is aways someone in the office as of 7.30am and they shoot themselves in the foot because they write the time they tried to deliver it which is normally between 9-10am and I know for a fact i am in the office at that time.

Once again i was expecting a packge today (and getting excited about it as it means i can finish building my bike ) and there is nothing....i wait until lunchtime to check the letter box and lo and behold another bl**dy slip is in the box claiming they tried to deliver at 9.38am but no one was here. Its not as if the buzzer is broken as people come in and out all morning. So now, I have to wait until tomorrow to collect it from the post office local to my work which is over 45 minutes away from my home and it also means i cant go biking this weekend because i don't have my final bike part i needed

Do i just have an extremely lazy postman who cant be bothered to get into the lift to bring it to me or does she just hate me?!

I'm never one to complain to companies about bad service (i'm too lazy and cant be bothered with the hassle) but this is really getting on my t*ts now!

Anyone else have this issue and get cheesed off by it or am i just a little bit too angry female on a rant today?

thanks for reading my massive rant
Reminds me of the time I found the delivered slip in my letterbox. There was freshly fallen snow and the post man obviously decided that he did not feel like making the way up to our door to ring, so he just placed the slip in the box. I found it, first wondered if I might not have heard him ring while showering or vacum cleaning but then my inner Sherlock unveiled himself, I checked outside the door: no prints in the snow I called the post office and the agreed to redeliver the next day.

In your place I'd call and tell them what's bothering you.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05.10.2012, 16:01
Dack Rambo's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,439
Groaned at 178 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 1,551 Times in 765 Posts
Dack Rambo has earned the respect of manyDack Rambo has earned the respect of manyDack Rambo has earned the respect of many
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

any time I get a letter, it's almost always a bill. Why does my postman not like me?
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Dack Rambo for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 05.10.2012, 16:01
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,378
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 15,952 Times in 6,286 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
put both Jane Smith and Jane Jones-Smith on the box, or get your mail addressed correctly. after a 2 year grace period, the postman probably thinks that you are the lazy one for not getting all your affairs up to date.
In that case he is being a pain in the bunny's hat as my name on the mailbox back in Basel was Nil Maiden but most of my mails was named Nil Hunmaster. The post guy never made the mistake nor any others who took his run over the 2 years we were at that address.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05.10.2012, 16:02
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,522
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,155 Times in 4,356 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
put both Jane Smith and Jane Jones-Smith on the box, or get your mail addressed correctly. after a 2 year grace period, the postman probably thinks that you are the lazy one for not getting all your affairs up to date.
It's not laziness at all. I don't live in that state anymore and have not been back there. I cannot update to the new name remotely - I have to appear in person. Not really up for paying for a plane ticket just to update that.

So, first suggestion to put both names seems like the best option until I can appear in person and get properly updated. Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05.10.2012, 16:04
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,075
Groaned at 924 Times in 720 Posts
Thanked 19,600 Times in 9,433 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

If I'm expecting a package, I stop by the post office on the way to work (as I walk past it anyway) and ask if they have anything for me (or, if they see me first, they'll say that they have something for me), which saves both of us time.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05.10.2012, 16:10
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,284
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,178 Times in 5,014 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
It's not laziness at all. I don't live in that state anymore and have not been back there. I cannot update to the new name remotely - I have to appear in person. Not really up for paying for a plane ticket just to update that.

So, first suggestion to put both names seems like the best option until I can appear in person and get properly updated. Thanks for the input.
Why not go to the local post office and explain the situation?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank PaddyG for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 05.10.2012, 16:16
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 143
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 80 Times in 37 Posts
jessieee is considered knowledgeablejessieee is considered knowledgeablejessieee is considered knowledgeable
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

Quote:
View Post
Why not go to the local post office and explain the situation?
because im lazy

but i have to go down there anyway to collect my package because of the stupid yellow slip so i think that is the best idea to just mention it whilst i'm down there.

You never know...there may actually be a reasonable explanation for this!
...Although i doubt it
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05.10.2012, 17:02
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 384
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 254 Times in 115 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Swiss post and lazy postman rant

I recently had a problem with my post not being delivered at all after moving to a new flat, I later knew that the post man was claiming he could not find my name (again laziness issue) which is not true, because my name was there. Anyway, I phoned the customer service, filed a complaint, issue was forwarded to the manager of the post man and eventually matter was solved.

So if you did not yet go and file a complaint, they speak English.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swiss immigration officer rant zugfolk Complaints corner 173 21.08.2012 23:46
Swiss cabin luggage rant ADH Complaints corner 35 13.08.2012 14:02
Swiss airline ticket price rant - it's illogical AbFab Complaints corner 23 13.07.2012 09:00
Swiss Post Fees (Rant and clarification) jerallie Daily life 30 07.10.2011 16:51
are the swiss lazy or hard workers? zombie Complaints corner 208 08.05.2008 22:48


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0