Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:19
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thalwil
Posts: 119
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 60 Times in 29 Posts
surfmase is considered knowledgeablesurfmase is considered knowledgeablesurfmase is considered knowledgeable
Big girls need to suck it up

I just saw this article in the 20min http://www.20min.ch/finance/news/sto...d-BHs-16397853 had to rant about it.

The jist of it is that big girls are feeling left out that Victorias Secret doesn't offer large undies. Hey, if they don't have what you want, buy someplace else. (logically they must be doing this already anyhow) Cast your economic vote for the company that can fulfill your needs instead of wining about it. Someone is quoted saying that their money is good enough to buy victorias secret, but since they can only buy lotion and not undies, that their body is not good enough. YES! That is exactly what they are saying, so what are you going to do about it? Obviously these people are jealous because they also want to look sexy in some vic sec undies but instead of doing something themselves they are complaining and hoping to change this company's product range.

Then the next step is to of course complain about the fashion show because all of the models are thin. I am no marketing guru, but this tactic would have been covered in marketing 101. Then they ask some expert his opinion who says: (read this part with a really pompous nerdy voice) well this will cause certain people to develop eating disorders. Hey, just a though, perhaps the person who fills themselves with food because they are depressed has ALREADY developed an eating disorder.

And to return to the topic of marketing it is clear that Victorias Secret has a path and knows what they are doing. There may be a huge void in the underwear business for bigger girls. But I can only imagine that this would be a huge challenge. Hey for shits and giggles lets say its a huge success, Stephanie's Secret successfully makes sexy undies for big girls. What do you say when the thin girls start complaining that Stephanie's only has plus sizes?

So to wrap this up. These complainers should be doing one of two things other than crying about it. 1) slim down yourself because deep down you wish you had the body of the victorias secret model. and because being excessively big is truly unhealthy. or 2) buy undies somewhere else.

Now I already knew when I typed the title that copious amounts of groans would be headed my way, and I have purposely laid down a heavy dose of "hatin on big girls" mostly to amuse myself. I just wanted to clarify that I truly do not care if someone is big or small. I just hate cry babies.
Reply With Quote
The following 13 users would like to thank surfmase for this useful post:
The following 3 users groan at surfmase for this post:
  #2  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:26
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Basel-Land of Smiles
Posts: 4,773
Groaned at 91 Times in 73 Posts
Thanked 12,711 Times in 4,143 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

I don't know what I was expecting to read/see when I opened this thread, but suffice to say I am a little disappointed
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:29
Jobsrobertsharpii's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Z-U-R-I-C-H
Posts: 2,338
Groaned at 176 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 3,384 Times in 1,536 Posts
Jobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond reputeJobsrobertsharpii has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Jobsrobertsharpii for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,774
Groaned at 116 Times in 74 Posts
Thanked 5,546 Times in 1,957 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
I don't know what I was expecting to read/see when I opened this thread, but suffice to say I am a little disappointed
Did you base your non-specified expectations on the "trying harder" hypothesis by any chance?

I other news, VS used to make cool stuff, I still have some in my drawers, but their newer stuff distinctly fails to thrill me. And don't even get me started on their hideous "perfumes", they make my eyes water with their supreme cheap trashiness.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:42
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,654
Groaned at 152 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,578 Times in 3,220 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
I just saw this article in the 20min http://www.20min.ch/finance/news/sto...d-BHs-16397853 had to rant about it.

The jist of it is that big girls are feeling left out that Victorias Secret doesn't offer large undies. Hey, if they don't have what you want, buy someplace else. (logically they must be doing this already anyhow) Cast your economic vote for the company that can fulfill your needs instead of wining about it. Someone is quoted saying that their money is good enough to buy victorias secret, but since they can only buy lotion and not undies, that their body is not good enough. YES! That is exactly what they are saying, so what are you going to do about it? Obviously these people are jealous because they also want to look sexy in some vic sec undies but instead of doing something themselves they are complaining and hoping to change this company's product range.

Then the next step is to of course complain about the fashion show because all of the models are thin. I am no marketing guru, but this tactic would have been covered in marketing 101. Then they ask some expert his opinion who says: (read this part with a really pompous nerdy voice) well this will cause certain people to develop eating disorders. Hey, just a though, perhaps the person who fills themselves with food because they are depressed has ALREADY developed an eating disorder.

And to return to the topic of marketing it is clear that Victorias Secret has a path and knows what they are doing. There may be a huge void in the underwear business for bigger girls. But I can only imagine that this would be a huge challenge. Hey for shits and giggles lets say its a huge success, Stephanie's Secret successfully makes sexy undies for big girls. What do you say when the thin girls start complaining that Stephanie's only has plus sizes?

So to wrap this up. These complainers should be doing one of two things other than crying about it. 1) slim down yourself because deep down you wish you had the body of the victorias secret model. and because being excessively big is truly unhealthy. or 2) buy undies somewhere else.

Now I already knew when I typed the title that copious amounts of groans would be headed my way, and I have purposely laid down a heavy dose of "hatin on big girls" mostly to amuse myself. I just wanted to clarify that I truly do not care if someone is big or small. I just hate cry babies.
i got tired of reading this in the middle of the second paragraph.
what is it about?
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:45
Leggat's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lenzburg
Posts: 234
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 252 Times in 116 Posts
Leggat has earned the respect of manyLeggat has earned the respect of manyLeggat has earned the respect of many
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

The ladies dainties industry has not always been so. The stories I would hear from my great uncle, who worked 30 long years in the underwear factory in my hometown, as a diesel fitter.

Fabric would come in, be cut to pattern by a room full of ladies. On to the stiching department, and through quality control, where my uncle's job took place. He'd take random undies, give them a once over, a good stretch, and pronounce: Yep! Deese'l fit'er!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:46
edot's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 4,861
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 6,206 Times in 2,801 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

This is old news. We've been talking about the general lack of decent bras for larger breasts in Switzerland for ages in another thread.

VS makes cheap crap anyway, meh.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank edot for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:54
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Reinach (BL)
Posts: 202
Groaned at 21 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 171 Times in 95 Posts
dajegas has no particular reputation at present
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
This is old news. We've been talking about the general lack of decent bras for larger breasts in Switzerland for ages in another thread.

VS makes cheap crap anyway, meh.
Here is where one would expect pictures for proof
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank dajegas for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:56
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 1,948
Groaned at 127 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,338 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
Hey, just a thought, perhaps the person who fills themselves with food because they are depressed has ALREADY developed an eating disorder .
Quote:
View Post
These complainers should be doing one of two things other than crying about it. 1) slim down yourself because deep down you wish you had the body of the victorias secret model.
Have you considered a career in counselling ?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Mikers for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:56
edot's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 4,861
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 6,206 Times in 2,801 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
Here is where one would expect pictures for proof

Voyeur!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05.02.2015, 14:57
The_Love_Doctor's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zugerberg, Zug
Posts: 2,758
Groaned at 69 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,452 Posts
The_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Complaint corner FAIL

You're complaining about "over-sized" chicks complaining about Victoria Secret not catering for their needs. Who's the cry baby now?!
Reply With Quote
The following 16 users would like to thank The_Love_Doctor for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:01
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thalwil
Posts: 119
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 60 Times in 29 Posts
surfmase is considered knowledgeablesurfmase is considered knowledgeablesurfmase is considered knowledgeable
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
Have you considered a career in counselling ?
Yeah, let me start with some advice for the love doctor... Go jump off a cliff, this is my rant.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:02
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,836
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,503 Times in 6,683 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Is anyone else disturbed when they see young girls (10-13) walking round with VS bags?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:03
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Reinach (BL)
Posts: 202
Groaned at 21 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 171 Times in 95 Posts
dajegas has no particular reputation at present
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
Voyeur!
Not in the least!
Only innocent need to assess the exact discrepancy between the current offer and demand.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank dajegas for this useful post:
This user groans at dajegas for this post:
  #15  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:04
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 10,064
Groaned at 267 Times in 211 Posts
Thanked 14,178 Times in 5,756 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
Not in the least!
Only innocent need to assess the exact discrepancy between the current offer and demand.
You can check out the Lidl stuff instead on another thread

Does Lidl cater for the more volumptious ladies?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:06
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,836
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,503 Times in 6,683 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
Complaint corner FAIL

You're complaining about "over-sized" chicks complaining about Victoria Secret not catering for their needs. Who's the cry baby now?!
The PC term is fatty-chub-chub
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
This user groans at dodgyken for this post:
  #17  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:08
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thalwil
Posts: 119
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 60 Times in 29 Posts
surfmase is considered knowledgeablesurfmase is considered knowledgeablesurfmase is considered knowledgeable
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
You can check out the Lidl stuff instead on another thread

Does Lidl cater for the more volumptious ladies?
nope, dajegas and I would prefer if you tried again.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:32
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 10,064
Groaned at 267 Times in 211 Posts
Thanked 14,178 Times in 5,756 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
nope, dajegas and I would prefer if you tried again.

I'm sure you can find your own soft porn on the web.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:40
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 8,989
Groaned at 140 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 12,272 Times in 5,015 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
This is old news. We've been talking about the general lack of decent bras for larger breasts in Switzerland for ages in another thread. ..
Definitely our finding, when we were try to get hold of a bra to construct the Dame's breasts in last year's Basel Panto.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 05.02.2015, 15:41
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,836
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,503 Times in 6,683 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
I'm sure you can find your own soft porn on the web.
Not found any of that!!!

Loads of hard stuff though

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is it hard to pick up girls in swiss clubs thekilla Entertainment & dining 170 08.09.2016 23:24
Czech Airlines - Does it suck? jg09 Transportation/driving 18 11.10.2013 14:33
stuff needed. little and big things. maybe you have it and dont need it. :) linros Items wanted 0 03.08.2013 21:33
Help! Need someone to put curtains up for me, big room! thompssc Jobs offered 4 01.11.2011 17:34
Suck it, Zürich!!! ItchyTriggerFinger Daily life 39 12.09.2010 09:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0