Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.03.2015, 13:33
meister's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 172
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 130 Times in 58 Posts
meister has earned some respectmeister has earned some respect
Puma trainers with two left feet

Hi All,

I hope you guys can help me with a dilemma. I ordered 2 pairs of Puma Mostro trainers back in Oct 2014 as they are very rare from eBay and the retailer was based in Germany. One of pair was fine so I opened another pair yesterday and it seems they've given me two left feet on th second pair. As the order was 5 months old I can't get refund from eBay and contacted the retailer and he is not interested in resolving the problem.

Can anothing be done to salvage this situation?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09.03.2015, 14:14
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Geneva
Posts: 2,334
Groaned at 31 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,239 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Contact Puma directly?

If the shoes were in their original packaging and clearly as packed in the factory they just might take pity on you, although I doubt it as the shoes have clearly been bought from a third party and not one of their agents.
You've got little to lose except the cost of a stamp.

Next time, check online purchases immediately they arrive!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09.03.2015, 14:16
TiMow's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 9,310
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Thanked 12,189 Times in 5,300 Posts
TiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

You could always sell them to someone who can't dance.
Reply With Quote
The following 14 users would like to thank TiMow for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 09.03.2015, 14:41
meister's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 172
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 130 Times in 58 Posts
meister has earned some respectmeister has earned some respect
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
Contact Puma directly?

If the shoes were in their original packaging and clearly as packed in the factory they just might take pity on you, although I doubt it as the shoes have clearly been bought from a third party and not one of their agents.
You've got little to lose except the cost of a stamp.

Next time, check online purchases immediately they arrive!!!!!
Thanks, it wouldn't hurt to reach out to Puma, the worse they can do is tell me to bugger off.

There is another way to salvage this but this would involve a bit of dishonesty but the retailer won't lose anything and th only party that would potentially loose is the manufacturer. But ethically, this is not an option.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09.03.2015, 15:04
TiMow's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 9,310
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Thanked 12,189 Times in 5,300 Posts
TiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Bit of a long shot, but you could always try to locate, via social media, the person who ended with two right feet, and do a trade.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank TiMow for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 09.03.2015, 15:16
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy McModface
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,197
Groaned at 51 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 8,073 Times in 2,948 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Trip to Denmark?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...m-Denmark.html
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09.03.2015, 15:17
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,651
Groaned at 152 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,562 Times in 3,217 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

You could sell it as a unique collectors item, like these stamps with typos.

Why not sell them for 500 CHF on EF?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09.03.2015, 15:27
meister's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 172
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 130 Times in 58 Posts
meister has earned some respectmeister has earned some respect
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
You could sell it as a unique collectors item, like these stamps with typos.

Why not sell them for 500 CHF on EF?
"K and e" I'll give it to you for half price for 1 shoe
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09.03.2015, 15:32
Tasebo's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wald, Zurich/Stockholm
Posts: 1,194
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,263 Times in 645 Posts
Tasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

I hope you guys can help me with a dilemma. I ordered 2 pairs of Puma Mostro trainers back in Oct 2014 as they are very rare from eBay and the retailer was based in Germany. One of pair was fine so I opened another pair yesterday and it seems they've given me two left feet on th second pair. As the order was 5 months old I can't get refund from eBay and contacted the retailer and he is not interested in resolving the problem.

Can anothing be done to salvage this situation?
I am not sure how long after a purchase you can give the seller "rep" - but if still possible, most ebay sellers (particularly the ones making a comfy living while acting like slime) will do most anything to keep their rep clean. It isn't impossible the seller has no more of these particular shoes, thus not able to replace a left with a right, but might consider a refund if it protects his Ebay rep.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09.03.2015, 16:15
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nyon
Posts: 1,827
Groaned at 61 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,121 Times in 833 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
Contact Puma directly?

If the shoes were in their original packaging and clearly as packed in the factory they just might take pity on you, although I doubt it as the shoes have clearly been bought from a third party and not one of their agents.
You've got little to lose except the cost of a stamp.

Next time, check online purchases immediately they arrive!!!!!

If Puma have a public facing channel like twitter or facebook, use that.. Ask in public..

Failing that.. Just wear them, it'll look quite cool.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09.03.2015, 18:07
amaraya's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lausanne
Posts: 2,237
Groaned at 20 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,204 Posts
amaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

problem solved. find this man


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09.03.2015, 18:35
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: California
Posts: 553
Groaned at 25 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 580 Times in 254 Posts
SwissPete is considered knowledgeableSwissPete is considered knowledgeableSwissPete is considered knowledgeable
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

If that model is still being made, ask the manufacturer if they can provide you with two right shoes. You would then be fixed for shoes for quite a while.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09.03.2015, 19:27
meister's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 172
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 130 Times in 58 Posts
meister has earned some respectmeister has earned some respect
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
If Puma have a public facing channel like twitter or facebook, use that.. Ask in public..

Failing that.. Just wear them, it'll look quite cool.
The problem here is that I didn't buy directly from Puma and they stopped making those trainers, hence bought 2 pairs. So this optin may not be fruitful.

I heard that the Puma head office is based between Basel and Zurich, but I guess they don't actually manufacture their trainers in that place.

The puzzling thing is that the retailer from eBay must have someone else whose been given 2 right shoes but they insist no one complained with such demand.

I don't think wearing them would do good to my feet.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09.03.2015, 19:40
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Geneva
Posts: 2,334
Groaned at 31 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,239 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
The problem here is that I didn't buy directly from Puma and they stopped making those trainers, hence bought 2 pairs. So this optin may not be fruitful.

I heard that the Puma head office is based between Basel and Zurich, but I guess they don't actually manufacture their trainers in that place.

The puzzling thing is that the retailer from eBay must have someone else whose been given 2 right shoes but they insist no one complained with such demand.


I don't think wearing them would do good to my feet.
Not necessarily, for him to have muddled up the shoes the seller would have had to open the boxes when he acquired them, it's possible they were already mismatched and he just sent out the boxes as they were without checking.

Have you tried checking back through his rep comments on eBay from that period and then contacting anyone who'd bought the same item?
It's possible there's a clue in the comments, but you might need to hunt for it.

Next time, check stuff as soon as it arrives, sellers do make innocent mistakes and will usually fix them without a fuss if you contact them quickly. Five months is much too long a delay.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Anjela for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 09.03.2015, 19:47
Sbrinz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 10,966
Groaned at 542 Times in 342 Posts
Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,406 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

My mother bought me two slippers of equal feet in London. Weeks later she returned to the shop, and they searched the shop but never found another incorrect pair, but she got a refund.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09.03.2015, 20:27
Jack of all trades.'s Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 738
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 609 Times in 286 Posts
Jack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputation
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, it wouldn't hurt to reach out to Puma, the worse they can do is tell me to bugger off.

There is another way to salvage this but this would involve a bit of dishonesty but the retailer won't lose anything and th only party that would potentially loose is the manufacturer. But ethically, this is not an option.
I think in order to solve this issue we need to explore all posibilities.

So whats the unethical option... ???
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09.03.2015, 20:28
Jack of all trades.'s Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 738
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 609 Times in 286 Posts
Jack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputation
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
My mother bought me two slippers of equal feet in London. Weeks later she returned to the shop, and they searched the shop but never found another incorrect pair, but she got a refund.
I guess the slippers were the wrong size eh?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09.03.2015, 20:28
Sbrinz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 10,966
Groaned at 542 Times in 342 Posts
Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,406 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post

So whats the unethical option... ???
Keep them as a Christmas present? Post them to a Leprosy colony?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sbrinz for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 09.03.2015, 20:30
Sbrinz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 10,966
Groaned at 542 Times in 342 Posts
Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,406 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
I guess the slippers were the wrong size eh?
Yes, they had no more pairs of size 12 in stock, only the two wrong halves.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09.03.2015, 20:39
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Geneva
Posts: 2,334
Groaned at 31 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,239 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puma trainers with two left feet

Quote:
View Post
I think in order to solve this issue we need to explore all posibilities.

So whats the unethical option... ???
I'd hazard a guess that he'd try to buy another pair somewhere, then return the original ones as 'wrong'.
Rather mean when it wouldn't be the new seller's fault, but rather the OPs for not checking them in the first place.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ebay, puma, shoes, trainers




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shoes for women with big feet.... Swissgreys Other/general 37 01.03.2013 14:17
Poulet avec tarses (chicken with feet) Village Idiot Food and drink 33 07.01.2013 16:40
Kids with wide feet - GE/VD/France? Rowan Family matters/health 6 22.11.2010 11:13


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0