Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04.04.2015, 08:36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bern
Posts: 402
Groaned at 99 Times in 61 Posts
Thanked 318 Times in 179 Posts
Sublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthy
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
OR

1. Find a little stick
2. Find some dog poo
3. Get a good portion on to the stick
4. apply gently under the door handles.. all four of them. Make sure its not seen from outside.
5. Find a nice viewing spot.
6. Enjoy the show...

If you are brave you can replace the stick with a disposable glove
Pardon-me! Where are you from? Did you get by any chance at least some decent upraising.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04.04.2015, 09:41
Today only's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,709
Groaned at 482 Times in 292 Posts
Thanked 3,929 Times in 1,961 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
OR

1. Find a little stick
2. Find some dog poo
3. Get a good portion on to the stick
4. apply gently under the door handles.. all four of them. Make sure its not seen from outside.
5. Find a nice viewing spot.
6. Enjoy the show...

If you are brave you can replace the stick with a disposable glove
You really are a piece of shit, what's your fascination with "poo" is it some unfulfilled fantasy ?
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Today only for this post:
  #43  
Old 04.04.2015, 12:17
Rigormortis's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Aargau
Posts: 144
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 76 Times in 45 Posts
Rigormortis is considered a nuisanceRigormortis is considered a nuisanceRigormortis is considered a nuisance
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
OR

1. Find a little stick
2. Find some dog poo
3. Get a good portion on to the stick
4. apply gently under the door handles.. all four of them. Make sure its not seen from outside.
5. Find a nice viewing spot.
6. Enjoy the show...

If you are brave you can replace the stick with a disposable glove
For repeat offenders a perfectly acceptable course of action.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Rigormortis for this post:
  #44  
Old 04.04.2015, 13:25
princessduck's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 883
Groaned at 52 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 485 Times in 263 Posts
princessduck has an excellent reputationprincessduck has an excellent reputationprincessduck has an excellent reputationprincessduck has an excellent reputation
Re: park wrong place

Well, isn't it that annoying? I live on a street where there are paid parking spaces, and 2 signs that say the parkings are just for the peoeple that live here. The problem is that I live close to a small stadium so there is a football match almost every Sunday and Saturday when the weather is nice. Once, I came from Italy and after few hours in the car, in traffic, I just wanted to go home and relax. I get to the parking space, looking confused, if that was my parking space with another car taking my space...I was fuming. I went home, wrote a note and put it on the windshield, I put a chair in front of the window (luckily I can see from my window), waited there for about 2 hrs and when the guilty guy came to drive off- I jumped off my window, screamed at him so loud that probably the whole neighbourhood heard me, jumped the fence that was separating my garden from the parking spaces, looked him in the eye and asked him if that is his parking space? He was literally scared, he was about 20 something and I was furious. He apologised and left. He learned his lesson.

Another time, the same thing happened, waited for the guy to come and take his car, but my husband went outside and told him that there are signs that he shouldn't park on the street etc. The guy said , he didn't see the signs...Right. And asked my husband how much should he pay because he parked on my parking space. Of course, my husband didn't take the money and the guy said ''Thanks'' for not calling the towing company.

I would leave a note on his car and say that it is your parking space. And that you will call the towing company next time.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank princessduck for this useful post:
  #45  
Old 04.04.2015, 13:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ZH
Posts: 4,438
Groaned at 55 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,310 Posts
SOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
Well, isn't it that annoying? I live on a street where there are paid parking spaces, and 2 signs that say the parkings are just for the peoeple that live here. The problem is that I live close to a small stadium so there is a football match almost every Sunday and Saturday when the weather is nice. Once, I came from Italy and after few hours in the car, in traffic, I just wanted to go home and relax. I get to the parking space, looking confused, if that was my parking space with another car taking my space...I was fuming. I went home, wrote a note and put it on the windshield, I put a chair in front of the window (luckily I can see from my window), waited there for about 2 hrs and when the guilty guy came to drive off- I jumped off my window, screamed at him so loud that probably the whole neighbourhood heard me, jumped the fence that was separating my garden from the parking spaces, looked him in the eye and asked him if that is his parking space? He was literally scared, he was about 20 something and I was furious. He apologised and left. He learned his lesson.

Another time, the same thing happened, waited for the guy to come and take his car, but my husband went outside and told him that there are signs that he shouldn't park on the street etc. The guy said , he didn't see the signs...Right. And asked my husband how much should he pay because he parked on my parking space. Of course, my husband didn't take the money and the guy said ''Thanks'' for not calling the towing company.

I would leave a note on his car and say that it is your parking space. And that you will call the towing company next time.
Why not leave a couple of traffic cones on your parking spot?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank SOBEIT for this useful post:
  #46  
Old 04.04.2015, 23:56
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Sunny Times has slipped a little
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
Pardon-me! Where are you from? Did you get by any chance at least some decent upraising.
Listen to Buzz. it doesnt matter where you are from. The jokes are everywhere. Chill

Quote:
View Post
You really are a piece of shit, what's your fascination with "poo" is it some unfulfilled fantasy ?
Take it easy. no need for poo language

One the other hand - The OP said there was a sign saying its Private. Privat in German or Private in English will be understood by any native or a foreigner but he or she still decided to park it anyway. Its not a quick 5 mins job also by the looks of it. Personally I would be very angry too if it was my parking place specially knowing there's nothing much you can do about it. I sometimes come home quite late after work and if my parking place is gone you are pretty much sccreeweed.

Others have given very useful info too..
Attached Thumbnails
park-wrong-place-ef.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11.04.2015, 22:44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Zürich
Posts: 46
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Lily5469 has no particular reputation at present
i called towing company one time. they told me, i have to pay cuase i require them to take the car away. so, i gave up, but felt so confused and helpless.

Quote:
View Post
Well, isn't it that annoying? I live on a street where there are paid parking spaces, and 2 signs that say the parkings are just for the peoeple that live here. The problem is that I live close to a small stadium so there is a football match almost every Sunday and Saturday when the weather is nice. Once, I came from Italy and after few hours in the car, in traffic, I just wanted to go home and relax. I get to the parking space, looking confused, if that was my parking space with another car taking my space...I was fuming. I went home, wrote a note and put it on the windshield, I put a chair in front of the window (luckily I can see from my window), waited there for about 2 hrs and when the guilty guy came to drive off- I jumped off my window, screamed at him so loud that probably the whole neighbourhood heard me, jumped the fence that was separating my garden from the parking spaces, looked him in the eye and asked him if that is his parking space? He was literally scared, he was about 20 something and I was furious. He apologised and left. He learned his lesson.

Another time, the same thing happened, waited for the guy to come and take his car, but my husband went outside and told him that there are signs that he shouldn't park on the street etc. The guy said , he didn't see the signs...Right. And asked my husband how much should he pay because he parked on my parking space. Of course, my husband didn't take the money and the guy said ''Thanks'' for not calling the towing company.

I would leave a note on his car and say that it is your parking space. And that you will call the towing company next time.
i am not so lucky. i asked every neighbour, if they have visitor parked my place. seems that person stay in another house. during my asking, he went away. i did not see him. two times already. we have some visit places, but every day all occupied. seems people who live here park there. cause nearby no park place except privat. in switzerland not so many park places, especially in city.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 12.04.2015 at 00:33. Reason: merging successive posts
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12.04.2015, 01:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 3,020
Groaned at 99 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 3,745 Times in 1,935 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
i am not so lucky. i asked every neighbour, if they have visitor parked my place. seems that person stay in another house. during my asking, he went away. i did not see him. two times already. we have some visit places, but every day all occupied. seems people who live here park there. cause nearby no park place except privat. in switzerland not so many park places, especially in city.
Sonds like one of those you asked may have lied, and soon after your ringing the visitor drove off. A lie to protect a visiting friend would be the common reaction.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #49  
Old 12.04.2015, 11:34
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 15 Times in 5 Posts
Mokuren has no particular reputation at present
Re: park wrong place

It used to happen to me very often when I was living in Neuchatel - cars blocking access to my garage, which would drive me mad,especially when coming home late at night ...

As it was a recurrent issue, for some reason our "concierge" was allowed to report these cars' plates to the police (although this was a private parking place): she would leave a note on the car saying the plate number had been reported to police and the driver would receive a 40CHF fee by post.
It was very efficient

When my "concierge" wasn't available I would park my car in a way that would block the other car out, leave a note saying "give me a call when you're done blocking MY access to MY garage"... And would yell at the person for 5-10 min when I would get the call... Very efficient too
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Mokuren for this useful post:
  #50  
Old 12.04.2015, 21:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Albisrieden
Posts: 3,831
Groaned at 93 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 5,374 Times in 2,001 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Sandlewood ought to do it.

Quote:
View Post
Write an incensed note right the way across the windscreen
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank nickatbasel for this useful post:
  #51  
Old 13.04.2015, 10:45
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 5,028
Groaned at 40 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 7,070 Times in 3,215 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
When my "concierge" wasn't available I would park my car in a way that would block the other car out, leave a note saying "give me a call when you're done blocking MY access to MY garage"... And would yell at the person for 5-10 min when I would get the call... Very efficient too
Just be careful about what words you yell at the person and what you demand or your procedure may be known by the Swiss Criminal Code as Coercion
http://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classifie...ndex.html#a181

In this case, the yelling party was acquitted in the second instance:
http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/zuerich/ue...ers-1.18138104
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #52  
Old 13.04.2015, 10:58
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,045
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 1,219 Times in 543 Posts
neddy has an excellent reputationneddy has an excellent reputationneddy has an excellent reputationneddy has an excellent reputation
Re: park wrong place

If they are ignorant enough to park where they shouldn't, I would not personally go for the screaming approach. Having been the victim of an ****h**e that nearly hit into me when I was on my bike then stopped his car & had a road rage shit fit at me (try defending yourself with an English accent on a Swiss road even when you were not in the wrong, know the area & have driven here for 25+ years), I would by wary.
OH was also verbally attacked by some lunatic when we stopped at traffic lights one day.

A note on the windscreen, take photos of numberplates & note dates/details & report to the local police. Buy one of those space locks that was previously shown.
We managed to get a numberplate traced to a dentist who lived just over the border in France & he was sent a bill for the damage he caused to the neighbours wooden fence which he paid.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 24.04.2015, 09:31
princessduck's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 883
Groaned at 52 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 485 Times in 263 Posts
princessduck has an excellent reputationprincessduck has an excellent reputationprincessduck has an excellent reputationprincessduck has an excellent reputation
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
Why not leave a couple of traffic cones on your parking spot?
Oh...good idea . I was thinking to put a plate with my car number so people know that is MY place. But I think I will get some cones because I will be going away for 2 weeks in the summer and I don't want to find another car on my place. I will have to think about it.

Quote:
View Post
i called towing company one time. they told me, i have to pay cuase i require them to take the car away. so, i gave up, but felt so confused and helpless.



i am not so lucky. i asked every neighbour, if they have visitor parked my place. seems that person stay in another house. during my asking, he went away. i did not see him. two times already. we have some visit places, but every day all occupied. seems people who live here park there. cause nearby no park place except privat. in switzerland not so many park places, especially in city.
So rude. By the way, if the one that parked on your spot came to visit a neighbour, then that neighbour will not say he knows who parked there, especially if it is an annoying neighbour. And yes...you have to call the towing company, pay 500 CHF to tow the car, then have to prove that the parking place is your's (with a paper) and then they will have to ask the 500 CHF from the guy that parked on your place to pay you back. This is what I know. Maybe some members can tell us more?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 17.06.2015, 00:48
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Zürich
Posts: 46
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Lily5469 has no particular reputation at present
Re: park wrong place

Today happened again. I took photo. but why photo up and down exchanged? in my computer still ok. just after upload then changed. today i waited below and saw that person. she even not feel sorry, think she is reasonable to do that. cause no other free place nearby. she ask me, where she should park? it is none of my business. surely i got very angry. i told her, dont do it again, otherwise, i call police. she said, do that. God, what kind of person!!!!! anyhow very unhappy experience. i never saw such people. If she explained she was in hurry, she apologized and promised not do that again. it would be ok for me. why some people just offend the rights of others, still think they have reason???? i cant understand this logic.

[Photograph Removed]

Last edited by mirfield; 17.06.2015 at 10:43. Reason: Removed photgraph
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Lily5469 for this useful post:
  #55  
Old 17.06.2015, 08:57
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,642
Groaned at 152 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,550 Times in 3,211 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
Today happened again. I took photo. but why photo up and down exchanged? in my computer still ok. just after upload then changed. today i waited below and saw that person. she even not feel sorry, think she is reasonable to do that. cause no other free place nearby. she ask me, where she should park? it is none of my business. surely i got very angry. i told her, dont do it again, otherwise, i call police. she said, do that. God, what kind of person!!!!! anyhow very unhappy experience. i never saw such people. If she explained she was in hurry, she apologized and promised not do that again. it would be ok for me. why some people just offend the rights of others, still think they have reason???? i cant understand this logic.
Imagine it was an EF member. There would be a new thread in the complaints corner about someone needing a parking place for a couple of minutes, couldn't find anything, unreasonable Swiss etc etc.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #56  
Old 17.06.2015, 09:06
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ZH
Posts: 717
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 648 Times in 338 Posts
daffy99 has an excellent reputationdaffy99 has an excellent reputationdaffy99 has an excellent reputationdaffy99 has an excellent reputation
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
i call police. she said, do that
So - act and do it; stop being passive and stop being a victim.

Verify first that you have one of these signs around which declare a richterliche Verfügung: http://www.hev-zuerich.ch/der_zuerch...-200410-17.htm (this article is generally applicable to your situation)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 17.06.2015, 09:56
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,102
Groaned at 188 Times in 147 Posts
Thanked 6,061 Times in 3,276 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
Remove the valves, or write in their windows with permanent marker.

Or take a dump on it.
Quote:
View Post
Let their tyres down and put a parking fine on their windscreen
Quote:
View Post
Making their vehicle undriveable, while it is still parked in your parking space should get your space back in next to no time.
Quote:
View Post
You could remove their numberplates - and then post them at the STVA.

You won't get your parking spot very quickly but you'll cause the car owner a whole load of work.
Quote:
View Post
And if you reported a 'stolen'* car dumped in your parking place the police 'may' come and tow it away.

* It must be stolen if it's got no number plate right?
Quote:
View Post
You'll be suggesting just taking the numberplates off and the dumping them in a public rubbish bin instead



Aren't some of you who recommended a certain course of action here the same people who were outraged, I say outraged, because some neighbour "stole" someone's plates in another thread ???



Some people....
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 17.06.2015, 09:57
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,783
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,381 Times in 6,645 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post


Aren't some the same people who were outraged because some neighbour stole the plates???
Nope!

Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #59  
Old 17.06.2015, 10:02
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,102
Groaned at 188 Times in 147 Posts
Thanked 6,061 Times in 3,276 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
Nope!

True, not you or Tom.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #60  
Old 17.06.2015, 10:05
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,783
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,381 Times in 6,645 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: park wrong place

Quote:
View Post
True, not you or Tom.
I know - far easier to post allegations than to read the 7 page groan-fest that the thread became!!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post count wrong - Cant post in Market Place ross. Forum support 3 04.06.2013 13:14
Graubünden Tourism or the National Park got it wrong? Deep Purple Complaints corner 19 27.03.2013 22:23
Am I doing it wrong ? [trying to rent a place] Amande Housing in general 48 17.10.2011 16:07
Wrong place given to my son grrrr Sutter Complaints corner 42 27.10.2010 22:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0