Just a quick note on the way things might more normally have gone.
1. Post(s) reported by member(s) - lots of posts from a new member not really saying anything often means they're only here to flog something. We probably get 10-20 such reports every day.
2. Mod takes a look, maybe once or twice per day sees a lot that are typical of this sort of thing, and deletes them with a short explanation.
3. Occasionally, a genuine new member PMs the mod with a question about why they were deleted, explaining that they're not spammers at all, and were just trying to be helpful, friendly or both.
4. Posts are reinstated with an apology and an explanation as to why we take such action.
5. New member goes away happy, with a little more understanding of the way things are, all posts and reputation intact.
6. Nobody else is involved in or even aware of the process; the original post reporter assumes we've looked into it and dealt with it appropriately.
It's a thankless task, I tells ya