Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 18.11.2015, 16:02
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 784
Groaned at 87 Times in 56 Posts
Thanked 1,206 Times in 549 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

Quote:
View Post
Wow! What a story!
I am at work so I can't get the popcorn out, but I am quite excited and awaiting round two.

ps. we are on your side Cornfloozed

Ding.....
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank TobiasM for this useful post:
  #42  
Old 18.11.2015, 16:27
19Monica's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 221
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 183 Times in 73 Posts
19Monica has earned the respect of many19Monica has earned the respect of many19Monica has earned the respect of many
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

Quote:
View Post
He sounds dodgy but you shouldn't have allowed him to walk all over you like that.
I take back what I said.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank 19Monica for this useful post:
  #43  
Old 18.11.2015, 20:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,102
Groaned at 188 Times in 147 Posts
Thanked 6,060 Times in 3,275 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

Quote:
View Post
Wow! What a story!
When I read the OP I was sure a woman was complaining because (s)he sounded so upset for petty (although yep, apparently dodgy) stuff and wanted to alarm the whole universe...
Then I read the other side of the story (what a rare thing these days btw) and discovered the OP was a he... So I am not surprised because the original story was a liiil' bit different than what really happened....I am surprised OP is a male.
What's the world coming to...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 18.11.2015, 20:59
TiMow's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 9,310
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Thanked 12,189 Times in 5,300 Posts
TiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

I've just read confloozed post.

The OP's race and ethnicity had never entered into my mind at all (although I also thought he was a she) - until the bit about renegotiating payment, where I said to myself, 'this sound's like a few Indians that I've encountered in the past' ..... and lo and behold .....

.....must be something in the blood, when it comes to payment in full.



[I fully expect to take a hit on this, for 'being a racist' - but I call it as I see it]
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank TiMow for this useful post:
  #45  
Old 21.11.2015, 18:50
Kelsey's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Staefa
Posts: 14
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Kelsey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

If you want to stay out of trouble, www.putzfrau.ch is a good website, they basically deal with everything and I had a great experience with them.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 21.11.2015, 19:38
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 9,168
Groaned at 520 Times in 398 Posts
Thanked 11,921 Times in 4,665 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

Quote:
View Post
The OP's race and ethnicity had never entered into my mind at all (although I also thought he was a she) - until the bit about renegotiating payment, where I said to myself, 'this sound's like a few Indians that I've encountered in the past' ..... and lo and behold .....
It's nothing to do with "racism", it's a deeply ingrained cultural trait and part of daily life for (natural born and un-westernised, in my experience) many Indian and Pakistani people. I have had the same issue more than once while doing deals on EF, and only ever with Indian or Pakistani people, one chap who even pushed strongly in my own home to get a pre-agreed price down. I must admit I struggled to keep my cool. Usually it's making me offers by PM that seriously undercut advertised prices, then followed up by a few more PM's until it's either very close to the original price, or I get fed up and refuse to sell the item. Bartering is something learnt in those countries from a young age.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Richdog for this useful post:
  #47  
Old 21.11.2015, 19:42
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 13,717
Groaned at 209 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 11,029 Times in 6,254 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

Quote:
View Post
It's nothing to do with "racism", it's a deeply ingrained cultural trait and part of daily life for (natural born and un-westernised, in my experience) many Indian and Pakistani people. I have had the same issue more than once while doing deals on EF, and only ever with Indian or Pakistani people, one chap who even pushed strongly in my own home to get a pre-agreed price down. I must admit I struggled to keep my cool. Usually it's making me offers by PM that seriously undercut advertised prices, then followed up by a few more PM's until it's either very close to the original price, or I get fed up and refuse to sell the item. Bartering is something learnt in those countries from a young age.
I know a car dealer in the UK who would tell such people that he refused to sell to them. About an hour later someone would come in with the full asking price in cash. He called it the take away, it worked every time.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #48  
Old 21.11.2015, 19:47
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,337
Groaned at 219 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 3,860 Times in 1,537 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

Quote:
View Post
I've just read confloozed post.

The OP's race and ethnicity had never entered into my mind at all (although I also thought he was a she) - until the bit about renegotiating payment, where I said to myself, 'this sound's like a few Indians that I've encountered in the past' ..... and lo and behold .....

.....must be something in the blood, when it comes to payment in full.



[I fully expect to take a hit on this, for 'being a racist' - but I call it as I see it]
You're safe. Indian isn't a race so you can't be racist!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank porsch1909 for this useful post:
  #49  
Old 22.11.2015, 11:35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kirchberg
Posts: 83
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 42 Posts
babaloo550 is considered knowledgeablebabaloo550 is considered knowledgeablebabaloo550 is considered knowledgeable
Re: Need a cleaner? be careful !!!

Confloozed - Hats off to you best post I have read in ages, a real page turner.

Pabitra - In the words of my teenage daughter "oooooooo.. You've been owned".
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Be careful with doors glowjupiter Family matters/health 12 08.03.2015 18:21
Be careful with Robeez slippers! NewOneINseefeld Family matters/health 23 29.06.2012 12:18
Be careful on Zurich Bellevue mr. Anderson Other/general 8 06.09.2011 10:11
Be careful of scammers! Angela-74 Pet Trading Post 12 03.03.2011 14:03


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0