Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:04
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,080
Groaned at 924 Times in 720 Posts
Thanked 19,607 Times in 9,434 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
my ancestry is Russian
My wife's as well, but only because Poland had ceased to exist at that point in history, due to the scumbag Russians, and her great grandfather came here in 1864 as a political refugee.

Needless to say, we take a dim view of Ruskies.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:09
MusicChick's Avatar
modified and reprogrammed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 9,713
Groaned at 87 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 11,201 Times in 5,564 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Not even if you cut him into smaller pieces like usual?
That's Tom who's into that. And those are wild boars and other cute animals. You got posters mixed.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:13
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,378
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 15,952 Times in 6,286 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
That's Tom who's into that. And those are wild boars and other cute animals. You got posters mixed.
Is it for ragoût purpose?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:14
JohltaVontra's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 42
Groaned at 44 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 17 Posts
JohltaVontra has earned some respectJohltaVontra has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Yes. And similarly, how does anyone new to Switzerland decide, amongst all those strangers on the tram, etc., which ones are Swiss and which are not?
it's very simple to differentiate swiss from others: Defined jawline, particularly in women, cheekbone prominence, forward growth, favoured facial development and in general very healthy look. For me it's as simple to recognise swiss as it is simple for a swiss to recognise a guy from slavic origins.

Slavs tend to have less attractive facial features - rounded eyes, rounded and wide faces, rounded head shape, pale skin and deficient central face. Slavic looks is basically the opposite of swiss. Slav looks is what most people describe as russian or polish look.


It's very easy to defferentiate swiss from central european, let alone from other nations. But most of the persons that take a seat next to me in public transport, are black, asians, poles, balcans, turkish, kurdish, indian and I can detect these guys from 2km away. Swiss usually skip my seats, take a seat next to me and then keep staring.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:15
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,973
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,214 Times in 2,905 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Is it for ragoût purpose?
A gigantic haggis, methinks.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:16
MusicChick's Avatar
modified and reprogrammed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 9,713
Groaned at 87 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 11,201 Times in 5,564 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Is it for ragoût purpose?
Hahahah...I am grateful to OP to provide us with a stand-up. Long years of integration have not changed this community sense of humor, I think the mix between the expat and local sense of humor is ideal. Deadpan.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #47  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:19
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,378
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 15,952 Times in 6,286 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
it's very simple to differentiate swiss from others: Defined jawline, particularly in women, cheekbone prominence, forward growth, favoured facial development and in general very healthy look. For me it's as simple to recognise swiss as it is simple for a swiss to recognise a guy from slavic origins.

Slavs tend to have less attractive facial features - rounded eyes, rounded and wide faces, rounded head shape, pale skin and deficient central face. Slavic looks is basically the opposite of swiss. Slav looks is what most people describe as russian or polish look.


It's very easy to defferentiate swiss from central european, let alone from other nations. But most of the persons that take a seat next to me in public transport, are black, asians, poles, balcans, turkish, kurdish, indian and I can detect these guys from 2km away. Swiss usually skip my seats, take a seat next to me and then keep staring.
You are truly gifted then. As I can't even differentiate the physical differences between my Kurdish in laws and Turkish friends...

Truly impressive, again. How can they not love you? You seem to have the whole package.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #48  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:20
JohltaVontra's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 42
Groaned at 44 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 17 Posts
JohltaVontra has earned some respectJohltaVontra has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
My wife's as well, but only because Poland had ceased to exist at that point in history, due to the scumbag Russians, and her great grandfather came here in 1864 as a political refugee.

Needless to say, we take a dim view of Ruskies.

Tom
I remember when I was in Prague, Czech Republic. Nobody liked me there from the first second, because I was giving off that russian vibe. Not sure whether it was entirely looks-based or it was because I'm a russian - one have to know that russia, or better said ex soviet union, was raping czech republic for 30years under that bloody communist regime.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:20
ZuriRollt's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,788
Groaned at 41 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 2,054 Times in 923 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
it's very simple to differentiate swiss from others: Defined jawline, particularly in women, cheekbone prominence, forward growth, favoured facial development and in general very healthy look. For me it's as simple to recognise swiss as it is simple for a swiss to recognise a guy from slavic origins.

Slavs tend to have less attractive facial features - rounded eyes, rounded and wide faces, rounded head shape, pale skin and deficient central face. Slavic looks is basically the opposite of swiss. Slav looks is what most people describe as russian or polish look.


It's very easy to defferentiate swiss from central european, let alone from other nations. But most of the persons that take a seat next to me in public transport, are black, asians, poles, balcans, turkish, kurdish, indian and I can detect these guys from 2km away. Swiss usually skip my seats, take a seat next to me and then keep staring.
Personally I believe that this is worthy of a new thread...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
  #50  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:22
MusicChick's Avatar
modified and reprogrammed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 9,713
Groaned at 87 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 11,201 Times in 5,564 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Slavs tend to have less attractive facial features..
How dare you People always say the opposite.

And - despite your "analysis" I have a very large "forwardly growing" frontal lobe: potent and fast.

Wait..we had this here before. A dupe. What was your name before? A Russian guy complaining his Slavic looks prevented him from mingling?

Anyways, there are looks and there are looks. Attractiveness is in the eyes of the beholder.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #51  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:23
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,973
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,214 Times in 2,905 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
You are truly gifted then. As I can't even differentiate the physical differences between my Kurdish in laws and Turkish friends...

Truly impressive, again. How can they not love you? You seem to have the whole package.
All I can say to the OP is: don't even think of emigrating to Canada. This incredibe gift would be completely wasted.

If only there were some way we could get the Swiss to improve themselves as a result of this deep insight.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #52  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:23
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,378
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 15,952 Times in 6,286 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I remember when I was in Prague, Czech Republic. Nobody liked me there from the first second, because I was giving off that russian vibe. Not sure whether it was entirely looks-based or it was because I'm a russian - one have to know that russia, or better said ex soviet union, was raping czech republic for 30years under that bloody communist regime.
I'm betting on the outstanding personality.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #53  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:27
JohltaVontra's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 42
Groaned at 44 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 17 Posts
JohltaVontra has earned some respectJohltaVontra has earned some respect
Quote:
View Post
Anyways, there are looks and there are looks. Attractiveness is in the eyes of the beholder.
this is only true for non-attractive people. If you're attractive, most of people will find you attractive no matter of the culture. Facial features that make one attractive are even mathematically describable, so basically you can put facial attractiveness in number and have a measure for it. Take an american guy who banged 100 chicks (#of banged chicks = 'by the tumb' measurement of facial attractiveness), take a russian guy who banged 100 chicks, take japanesse guy who banged 100 chick and look at their facial features. You'll find they share the same pattern.

Quote:
View Post
I'm betting on the outstanding personality.
how can you even speak about personality, if I didn't even say a word at that point?Looks is what makes people interested in you and personality is what makes them stay. Looks isn't just for banging women, it's also important for every day social interaction, for getting a job etc... And FYI, personality is highly biased by one's look (the perception thingy, if you ever heard about this) especially in short-term social interactions.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 29.10.2016 at 07:45. Reason: merging consecutive replies
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
CuppaTea has made some interesting contributions
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I remember when I was in Prague, Czech Republic. Nobody liked me there from the first second, because I was giving off that russian vibe. Not sure whether it was entirely looks-based or it was because I'm a russian...
No words.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:34
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,445
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,514 Times in 3,042 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Uhhhhhhh gee and I thought trump was the only guy with a sense of humor
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #56  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:35
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,973
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,214 Times in 2,905 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
this is only true for non-attractive people. If you're attractive, most of people will find you attractive no matter of the culture. Facial features that make one attractive are even mathematically describable, so basically you can put facial attractiveness in number and have a measure for it. Take an american guy who banged 100 chicks (#of banged chicks = 'by the tumb' measurement of facial attractiveness), take a russian guy who banged 100 chicks, take japanesse guy who banged 100 chick and look at their facial features. You'll find they share the same pattern.
You really have to like a guy with a modern well rounded understanding of manhood and sexuality... so sophisticated and deep. It truly is a mystery that you aren't immediately welcomed with opened arms.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #57  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:36
MusicChick's Avatar
modified and reprogrammed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 9,713
Groaned at 87 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 11,201 Times in 5,564 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I remember when I was in Prague, Czech Republic. Nobody liked me there from the first second, because I was giving off that russian vibe. Not sure whether it was entirely looks-based or it was because I'm a russian - one have to know that russia, or better said ex soviet union, was raping czech republic for 30years under that bloody communist regime.
Hmmm...nobody mentioned Prague before you, in this thread. Dupe is a dupe.

I'd like to say "good trolling attempt", but I can't - since it's our members who are making it funny.

Yet - "forward frowth"...haaaahahahah. I gotta hop over to the Word of Today. Mengele.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:41
JohltaVontra's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 42
Groaned at 44 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 17 Posts
JohltaVontra has earned some respectJohltaVontra has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Hmmm...nobody mentioned Prague before you, in this thread. Dupe is a dupe.

I'd like to say "good trolling attempt", but I can't - since it's our members who are making it funny.

Yet - "forward frowth"...haaaahahahah. I gotta hop over to the Word of Today. Mengele.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFkcLMmSJI
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:48
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,973
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,214 Times in 2,905 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Does it occur to you, Adonis, that Dr. Mew might have a vested interest in suggesting to people who perceive themselves as ugly that there was some medical procedure which would make them beautiful?

Myself, I'm just ugly and old. If I had your perception and intellect I'd still be ugly and old, but I'd know that even with Dr. Mew's help I still wouldn't be knocken 'em flat like a 10 pin bowler.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #60  
Old 28.10.2016, 23:51
JohltaVontra's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 42
Groaned at 44 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 65 Times in 17 Posts
JohltaVontra has earned some respectJohltaVontra has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Does it occur to you, Adonis, that Dr. Mew might have a vested interest in suggesting to people who perceive themselves as ugly that there was some medical procedure which would make them beautiful?

Myself, I'm just ugly and old. If I had your perception and intellect I'd still be ugly and old, but I'd know that even with Dr. Mew's help I still wouldn't be knocken 'em flat like a 10 pin bowler.
his theories about attractive faces are legitimate as they're supported by peer reviewed studies. His cures for the problem are not legitimate and he was just pressed charges for scamming patients.

Oh man, it's hard to write after almost emptying a small bottle of vodka.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank JohltaVontra for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foreign credit report in Switzerland??? nomand_ind Finance/banking/taxation 1 29.05.2012 12:07
Newbie report: 3 months silverburn Other/general 25 21.02.2012 14:00
Credit report in Switzerland HollidayG Finance/banking/taxation 7 04.01.2012 19:48
Where to report movie piracy in Switzerland? Mairi Other/general 38 23.10.2009 11:53
Honest opinions needed on life in Switzerland Tanya Daily life 1 24.03.2007 13:54


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0