Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:37
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 972
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,155 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I don't know, maybe I should call on airport and ask where the first low fare plane flies to.
No need...

Departing Monday 31 October:

Vueling Zurich - London Luton CHF 93
Eurowings Zurich - Cologne CHF 36
Vueling Zurich - Rome CHF 76
Easyjet Zurich - Amsterdam CHF 99
Aeroflot Zurich - Moscow CHF 291

Happy to be of service
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #162  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:37
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 227
Groaned at 43 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 189 Times in 101 Posts
Kedi has earned some respectKedi has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
It is a bit of a mystery to me how you could imagine that I support, condone, or practice, stereotyping. Perhaps if you were to read even a small portion of my posts you would realise this. What you call "word games" are on my part generally a result of actually reading what has been written and responding to that. Your methods may differ.

Read the OP - he is quite clearly assigning certain (mostly negative) character traits to all Swiss... Do you think this is something other than targeting stereotypes?

I've not much use for stereotypes, even in the case of idiots.

"Bully"? Really?
Errr, thanks I am not going to read your other posts and try to make a character analysis. I also have no interest in looking at posters' statistics and digging out their older posts like most of the Forum "Legend"s or "Veteran"s do. I have better things to do. I come here occasionally and I have definitely observed that the forum has become a playground for bullies who pounce on newcomers and bash anyone who they do not agree with. When I first joined some years ago, the standard was not that high but it is getting lower as we speak.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Kedi for this useful post:
The following 5 users groan at Kedi for this post:
  #163  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:42
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 972
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,155 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Well, when I say everybody, I suppose foreigners themselves aren't aware of their own pungent odours. But certainly every Englishman can smell them.
Currently wearing a pungent stench of Madras that no amount of Issey Miyake can drown out, but it's Saturday and I'll be reheating the leftovers for tea
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #164  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:45
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 227
Groaned at 43 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 189 Times in 101 Posts
Kedi has earned some respectKedi has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Just as a side line, and will not bite further, but calling JagWaugh a Bully is just a bittle lit silly
I come here and read interesting looking thread sand it is always the same people who respond.: Yourself, Richdog, Slemans (or whatever he is called), Dougal's Breakfast (I must say he is not that bad), PorschXXX, Treverus, Odile (she sounds like a dear old OAP actually) and the like. I am not going to waste time figuring out who is a bully and who is not. But there is enough bullying going around.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Kedi for this useful post:
  #165  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:45
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 972
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,155 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I come here occasionally and I have definitely observed that the forum has become a playground for bullies who pounce on newcomers and bash anyone who they do not agree with. When I first joined some years ago, the standard was not that high but it is getting lower as we speak.
Why so high and mighty? I don't understand...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #166  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:48
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,977
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,220 Times in 2,907 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Errr, thanks I am not going to read your other posts and try to make a character analysis. I also have no interest in looking at posters' statistics and digging out their older posts like most of the Forum "Legend"s or "Veteran"s do. I have better things to do. I come here occasionally and I have definitely observed that the forum has become a playground for bullies who pounce on newcomers and bash anyone who they do not agree with. When I first joined some years ago, the standard was not that high but it is getting lower as we speak.
So, just so I'm sure I've understood the salient points of your position:

You've reached a conclusion without having read what I actually wrote, and you have no intention whatsoever of evaluating if that conclusion is valid or not.

You have better things to do. Better, presumably, than standing behind what you write in the sense of formulating it plausibly or even giving it some substance, not to mention actually offering the OP some form of advice?

But nonetheless you've no problem making a character analysis based on some other form of information (perhaps prejudice, perhaps arrogance, perhaps some personal issue with the automatically assigned user status - hard for me to tell).

There is a term for that: "Intellectual laziness".

Enjoy the marketplace, it is probably a better place for you to spend your time.
__________________
If everyone you know agrees with you consistently, they are either not listening, or not capable of critical thought.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #167  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:48
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,382
Groaned at 969 Times in 737 Posts
Thanked 38,640 Times in 12,099 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Errr, thanks I am not going to read your other posts and try to make a character analysis. I also have no interest in looking at posters' statistics and digging out their older posts like most of the Forum "Legend"s or "Veteran"s do. I have better things to do. I come here occasionally and I have definitely observed that the forum has become a playground for bullies who pounce on newcomers and bash anyone who they do not agree with. When I first joined some years ago, the standard was not that high but it is getting lower as we speak.
On the contrary: EF is like a little girls' tea-party these days, compared to the good old days.

It's a bit boring and it makes me sad.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #168  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:49
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 227
Groaned at 43 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 189 Times in 101 Posts
Kedi has earned some respectKedi has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Why so high and mighty? I don't understand...
Go find something more useful to do with your time than trying to find out plane fares for someone or groan/thank people right and left. It is sad really.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Kedi for this useful post:
The following 3 users groan at Kedi for this post:
  #169  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:51
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,977
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,220 Times in 2,907 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Currently wearing a pungent stench of Madras that no amount of Issey Miyake can drown out, but it's Saturday and I'll be reheating the leftovers for tea
I am resplendant in a slightly smoky DEXTRON II. Better than leaded fuel, or burnt diff oil, I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:53
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,382
Groaned at 969 Times in 737 Posts
Thanked 38,640 Times in 12,099 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Currently wearing a pungent stench of Madras that no amount of Issey Miyake can drown out, but it's Saturday and I'll be reheating the leftovers for tea
I never really liked those new Japanese whiskies, but I do quite enjoy a chicken madras from time to time.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #171  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:53
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 227
Groaned at 43 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 189 Times in 101 Posts
Kedi has earned some respectKedi has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
On the contrary: EF is like a little girls' tea-party these days, compared to the good old days before you joined.
When I joined there was a guy called Charlie R Soles and than that Lost_in_broad guy who had Denzel Washington as his Avatar (Maybe he still has it actually). So, yeah you might be right actually. It was not that good then either. I kind of liked you then DB. Your posts made much more sense and were funnier than others. But I must say, I have sensed some of the bitterness of the others seem to be rubbing on you. But, still you and your wife (Is she called MathNut?) sound like nice people.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:54
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 972
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,155 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Go find something more useful to do with your time than trying to find out plane fares for someone or groan/thanks people right and left. It is sad really.
I made a very good career out of "finding plane fares" for people, and am very rarely sad. You must be having a bad day.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 3,619
Groaned at 456 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,473 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

WTF so many people posting on Saturday??

What is going on, Coop/Migros are already closed or what???



Edit: oh yeah it's past 4pm...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank CorsebouTheReturn for this useful post:
  #174  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:55
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 227
Groaned at 43 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 189 Times in 101 Posts
Kedi has earned some respectKedi has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I am resplendant in a slightly smoky DEXTRON II. Better than leaded fuel, or burnt diff oil, I guess.
Resplendent.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:56
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 227
Groaned at 43 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 189 Times in 101 Posts
Kedi has earned some respectKedi has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I made a very good career out of "finding plane fares" for people, and am very rarely sad. You must be having a bad day.
Actually, you are right. I have had a bad day today but I am loving this thread.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Kedi for this useful post:
  #176  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:59
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,382
Groaned at 969 Times in 737 Posts
Thanked 38,640 Times in 12,099 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
When I joined there was a guy called Charlie R Soles and than that Lost_in_broad guy who had Denzel Washington as his Avatar (Maybe he still has it actually). So, yeah you might be right actually. It was not that good then either. I kind of liked you then DB. Your posts made much more sense and were funnier than others. But I must say, I have sensed some of the bitterness of the others seem to be rubbing on you. But, still you and your wife (Is she called MathNut?) sound like nice people.
Me? I'm an arsehole. But the forum used to be populated with all kinds of entertaining arseholes, nasty, bitchy and wonderful to a man and woman.

Remember DaveA? Natasha (htfu!)? Canadian Dude? Polorise? Lob? ... and dozens more... it was rough, rude and never, ever boring.

I honestly don't understand the posts we get these days saying that the forum has turned nasty. It always was nasty! But it's certainly much less funny than it used to be. So many people seem to take themselves so seriously and half the threads seem to be people whinging about forum "bullies".

Have a bunch of college-educated millennials taken over, or something? We'll be having "safe spaces" before we know it.

... and I thought ROT was bad.
Reply With Quote
The following 11 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #177  
Old 29.10.2016, 18:59
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 972
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,155 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
WTF so many people posting on Saturday??
Nah. Migros and Coop are still open. Just killing time til the online check-in opens for the flights I've just booked for myself, but got called sad for having all my search screens open and adapting the search for a fellow member. C'est la Vie!
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 29.10.2016, 19:00
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,977
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,220 Times in 2,907 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Resplendent.
Mods! Mods! I am being bullied! Help!

Ok, so you can read, you just can't be arsed to formulate some form of argument.

I stand corrected.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #179  
Old 29.10.2016, 19:01
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,119
Groaned at 927 Times in 723 Posts
Thanked 19,680 Times in 9,466 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Everybody can smell a foreigner. They smell of garlic and curry and stuff. Most of the foreigners in Switzerland smell of cheese and Aromat.
And cigarettes.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #180  
Old 29.10.2016, 19:02
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 227
Groaned at 43 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 189 Times in 101 Posts
Kedi has earned some respectKedi has earned some respect
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
So, just so I'm sure I've understood the salient points of your position:

You've reached a conclusion without having read what I actually wrote, and you have no intention whatsoever of evaluating if that conclusion is valid or not.

You have better things to do. Better, presumably, than standing behind what you write in the sense of formulating it plausibly or even giving it some substance, not to mention actually offering the OP some form of advice?

But nonetheless you've no problem making a character analysis based on some other form of information (perhaps prejudice, perhaps arrogance, perhaps some personal issue with the automatically assigned user status - hard for me to tell).

There is a term for that: "Intellectual laziness".

Enjoy the marketplace, it is probably a better place for you to spend your time.
It was actually just a reference to the number of posts a person must have to acquire one of those statuses. Why would I have a personal problem with your status? After all, all you need to do to acquire those is post here some tripe a couple of thousand times.

Also I do not understand what you are talking about. Intellectual laziness? What does that even mean? Marketplace? Why should I go to marketplace? I am very well read, thank you. Even my spelling is better than yours.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Kedi for this post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foreign credit report in Switzerland??? nomand_ind Finance/banking/taxation 1 29.05.2012 12:07
Newbie report: 3 months silverburn Other/general 25 21.02.2012 14:00
Credit report in Switzerland HollidayG Finance/banking/taxation 7 04.01.2012 19:48
Where to report movie piracy in Switzerland? Mairi Other/general 38 23.10.2009 11:53
Honest opinions needed on life in Switzerland Tanya Daily life 1 24.03.2007 13:54


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0