I grew up in Vienna and live here in CH since 4 years now. There are, as anything in life, pros and cons of course and it depends on what you currently want.
Pros for Vienna:
- Excellent social security (state health insurance that covers everything, social benefits for single moms and children)
- Quality of life is very good (housing, things to do with children, etc.)
- Good network of people (by now alot of expats live in Vienna from various places) - I will try to find out more about groups for expats and children playgroups etc. if you want to but I know from my friends that there are alot
- The market for housing possibilities are broader than in CH
Cons for Vienna:
- Grumpy people
- Buying power - Salaries are much lower there compared to here
- Finding a job at the moment is hard
Do you have a job offer there or would you just move and apply?
Personally, I miss Vienna because of its possibilities (cultural, restaurants, clubs, etc.). Also, I think its much friendlier to families where both work or for single parents in terms of costs. However, I like living here as well. CH is save and clean. I earn more here than I earned in Vienna and in the working world I do not feel discriminated in CH whereas in Vienna I felt that way. But maybe thats because Viennese are more straight forward than Swiss?!
In any case, whatever you decide, both options are really good options. Let me know if you need further info or help in regards with Vienna.