Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04.01.2015, 20:41
Verbier's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lully VD
Posts: 3,460
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,716 Posts
Verbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond repute
Only in Switzerland - got to love it :-)

It seems that someone in SG dropped his two Bernner dogs off at his dad's place while he went off. The dogs decided to go for a walk and also hop on the local train (first class of course). It seems that they got on at Dietfurt where a controller spotted them and called the police. The police got on at Wil and helped the dogs off the train to return them to Dietfurt and the father after their little adventure.

The dogs were not "fined" for riding the train without a ticket as they both had an AG.



Article in FR here: http://www.24heures.ch/vivre/societe...story/10316416
__________________
Do or do not, there is no try(ing). Yoda
Reply With Quote
The following 12 users would like to thank Verbier for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 04.01.2015, 20:57
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,901
Groaned at 96 Times in 64 Posts
Thanked 4,524 Times in 1,799 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only in Switzerland - got to love it :-)

What a cute story!

(Though I'm rather surprised they weren't fined).
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 04.01.2015, 21:04
Verbier's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lully VD
Posts: 3,460
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,716 Posts
Verbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only in Switzerland - got to love it :-)

Quote:
View Post
What a cute story!

(Though I'm rather surprised they weren't fined).
And why would they be fined? They both have a Generalabonnement (GA)!

Doesn't say if it was first or second class though.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Verbier for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 05.01.2015, 03:14
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,028
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,712 Times in 6,857 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only in Switzerland - got to love it :-)

Quote:
View Post
It seems that someone in SG dropped his two Bernner dogs off at his dad's place while he went off. The dogs decided to go for a walk and also hop on the local train (first class of course). It seems that they got on at Dietfurt where a controller spotted them and called the police. The police got on at Wil and helped the dogs off the train to return them to Dietfurt and the father after their little adventure.

The dogs were not "fined" for riding the train without a ticket as they both had an AG.



Article in FR here: http://www.24heures.ch/vivre/societe...story/10316416

Looks as if the Police-persons, particularily the young woman, have a good understanding for dogs. Both dogs look quite happy with the two interim masters


The one in the home of my grand parents on the Dad side was a bit taller than them. But whatever, for some years, Prinz/Prince was much taller than me. Times went past, but I in a way was heartbroken when I decades later had to realize that Prinz had passed away
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05.01.2015, 05:43
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 110
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 99 Times in 50 Posts
armed_neutrality is considered knowledgeablearmed_neutrality is considered knowledgeablearmed_neutrality is considered knowledgeable
Re: Only in Switzerland - got to love it :-)

Quote:
View Post
And why would they be fined? They both have a Generalabonnement (GA)!

Doesn't say if it was first or second class though.
Dogs' ones are valid for both first and second class, they only sell a single type.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank armed_neutrality for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 05.01.2015, 06:27
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,446
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,517 Times in 3,043 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only in Switzerland - got to love it :-)

Quote:
View Post
It seems that someone in SG dropped his two Bernner dogs off at his dad's place while he went off. The dogs decided to go for a walk and also hop on the local train (first class of course). It seems that they got on at Dietfurt where a controller spotted them and called the police. The police got on at Wil and helped the dogs off the train to return them to Dietfurt and the father after their little adventure.

The dogs were not "fined" for riding the train without a ticket as they both had an AG.



Article in FR here: http://www.24heures.ch/vivre/societe...story/10316416

What AG >Actien gesselschaft >aargauner ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.01.2015, 07:07
Verbier's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lully VD
Posts: 3,460
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,716 Posts
Verbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only in Switzerland - got to love it :-)

Quote:
View Post
What AG >Actien gesselschaft >aargauner ?
For us French speaking people - l’abonnement général (AG)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Verbier for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 05.01.2015, 07:09
Verbier's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lully VD
Posts: 3,460
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,716 Posts
Verbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only in Switzerland - got to love it :-)

Quote:
View Post
Dogs' ones are valid for both first and second class, they only sell a single type.
Yes. I had a look at that after I posted. CHF 780 per dog.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ag ticket, cff, dogs, sbb




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switzerland: Love it or Hate it? (version 2) Glendyn Daily life 160 04.06.2015 10:30
What's love got to do with it: Tina Turner olygirl Swiss politics/news 10 22.07.2013 11:46
Got to love Swiss burglars Fidgety Daily life 26 26.04.2012 09:36
Whats love got to do with it? taho.b.rosslow Introductions 20 05.07.2008 16:44


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0