Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 22.02.2015, 15:46
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,028
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,712 Times in 6,857 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
These are little kids.

All the games that my son has played in have been mixed teams including tournaments for schools in the whole town and at an older age than the OP's child.

You can keep quoting your experiences in restaurants in the 1970s and football in the sixties but things really have moved on from then.




What the hell's that supposed to imply?

The only thing I could read into it is that people of those nationalities are a lot more progressive and forward thinking than the Swiss.
Is that what you meant? I somehow doubt it.

You really are doing the Swiss a lot of discredit on this forum.

What it means is that women play in women teams in football. Frauenfussball started in 1970, but there still are female teams and male teams NOW.


And this will stay so also in future
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 22.02.2015, 16:03
daboyblunder's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Highhorse im Innerschweiz
Posts: 368
Groaned at 23 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 320 Times in 162 Posts
daboyblunder is considered knowledgeabledaboyblunder is considered knowledgeabledaboyblunder is considered knowledgeable
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
Was Jimmy Choo a female ? Or Christian Laboutin for that matter.....

Jimmy who ?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 22.02.2015, 16:05
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 4,167
Groaned at 210 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
Jimmy who ?
You're a man and you can prove it with this one question. Archive your message if anybody doubt it.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Faltrad for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 22.02.2015, 16:21
Tasebo's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wald, Zurich/Stockholm
Posts: 1,194
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,263 Times in 645 Posts
Tasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
What it means is that women play in women teams in football. Frauenfussball started in 1970, but there still are female teams and male teams NOW.


And this will stay so also in future
We are talking 6-year olds here...some areas just don't have enough girls interested in playing football for whatever reasons to form single-sex teams. It is good for these young lads as well to have girls in the sport, on the same teams. As the ages go up and abilities/strengths change then I see the place for single-gender teams.

My son has a girl playing on his team in the local club, he says she is very good (on the field w/ball, in case anyone is going to make a smart
comment) I'm sure that one girls wishes she had at least 10 other like-minded female friends to form another team...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Tasebo for this useful post:
  #45  
Old 22.02.2015, 16:40
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wehr, Germany
Posts: 28
Groaned at 14 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Toontoon is considered a nuisanceToontoon is considered a nuisanceToontoon is considered a nuisance
Re: Anti female or anti English

OMG having been reading the replies to my thread, i already knew that there is a lot of stuck up folk on this forum but FFS, a lot of you need the take your hands and grab both ears and pull hard, then maybe you will pull your head out of your own arse!!
To address some of the hurtful and just bull shit statements, i am a male, i still cheered on the team even without my daughter.
Almost everyone has missed the point, it was a kids indoor football tournament, 6-a-side, with 2 subs, everyone has to get a game for me and play in every match, there was 4 games. All the teams were mixed (boys & girls, just in case some do not know what that means) My daughter in our own team was the only girl and only none German, so to state again so some may understand,
for me everyone has to play in every game!
What the coach did wrong in my eyes was to take the same person off in each match at the same time where as for me he should have rotated all 8-7 players then all would have had the same amount of match time!!! (before some one starts not the exact time each). Also its not just because it was my daughter, it could be the only oh i don`t know, the 3legged 4earred Chinese half girl half boy he took off!

WE also has a similar problem when my daughter progressed from Kindergarten to School and that had a very anti non-German feel to it!
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Toontoon for this useful post:
The following 4 users groan at Toontoon for this post:
  #46  
Old 22.02.2015, 16:44
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wehr, Germany
Posts: 28
Groaned at 14 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Toontoon is considered a nuisanceToontoon is considered a nuisanceToontoon is considered a nuisance
Re: Anti female or anti English

Oh sorry and to add i am only really chuffed to bits coz my daughter was happy and had fun (the main part) and got her little trophy to go with her athletics one she got last week.
She keeps hold of it as if it was the FA Cup )
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Toontoon for this useful post:
  #47  
Old 22.02.2015, 17:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here
Posts: 3,534
Groaned at 51 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,804 Posts
glowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
OMG having been reading the replies to my thread, i already knew that there is a lot of stuck up folk on this forum but FFS, a lot of you need the take your hands and grab both ears and pull hard, then maybe you will pull your head out of your own arse!!
To address some of the hurtful and just bull shit statements, i am a male, i still cheered on the team even without my daughter.
Almost everyone has missed the point, it was a kids indoor football tournament, 6-a-side, with 2 subs, everyone has to get a game for me and play in every match, there was 4 games. All the teams were mixed (boys & girls, just in case some do not know what that means) My daughter in our own team was the only girl and only none German, so to state again so some may understand,
for me everyone has to play in every game!
What the coach did wrong in my eyes was to take the same person off in each match at the same time where as for me he should have rotated all 8-7 players then all would have had the same amount of match time!!! (before some one starts not the exact time each). Also its not just because it was my daughter, it could be the only oh i don`t know, the 3legged 4earred Chinese half girl half boy he took off!

WE also has a similar problem when my daughter progressed from Kindergarten to School and that had a very anti non-German feel to it!
WOW. Don't expect help in the future by acting like this on a forum. Stuck up, are we? The way you described the "apparently" Chinese kid (how would you know the nationality, by the way?!) is just beyond nasty.

As to your daughter, let her have fun and if it is not in this football team I bet there are others she could join. And if it's not football, there is basketball, volleyball etc. etc. The free version of all these sports clubs is to send your kid out with her friends and a ball to a playground for the time being - problem solved.
From the way your posts sound, I'm wondering if actually it's only you who has a problem with her team/coach and not her. What is her opinion of the situation?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank glowjupiter for this useful post:
This user groans at glowjupiter for this post:
  #48  
Old 22.02.2015, 17:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 4,167
Groaned at 210 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
it could be the only oh i don`t know, the 3legged 4earred Chinese half girl half boy he took off!
Oh I like that kid. Such a sweety, he is the only one in the class who can listen to the teacher and the gossip at the same time while tap-dancing all the parts of An American in Paris on his own.
A genius. Don't pull it out of any team, you'll loose.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Faltrad for this useful post:
  #49  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:09
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,522
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,156 Times in 4,356 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
..for me everyone has to play in every game!
Quote:
View Post
...game one my daughter starts and is taken off after 6mins
Game two she is again taken off after 6mins...
Game three she lasts 7 mins and again taken off...
Game four she is again taken off after 7 mins
By your own words, your daughter did get to play in every game. Maybe not as much as you would have liked. Every parent wants their child to have fair playing time, but of course what's fair to you may not be fair to someone else. In soccer, it's often a bit unfair, as some players will get to play the whole game every time, and those that sub get less or even no time.

However, what strikes me more than this is your response to the posts here. You claim the coach is anti-female and anti-English and then turn around and post your own bizarre "Chinese" statement. Speaks volumes about your own cultural attitudes.

PS - Have we mentioned that your kid is six and will learn a lot from your (bad) behavior?
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at 3Wishes for this post:
  #50  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:15
Connor MacLeod's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: here
Posts: 765
Groaned at 89 Times in 58 Posts
Thanked 2,447 Times in 800 Posts
Connor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
Oh sorry and to add i am only really chuffed to bits coz my daughter was happy and had fun (the main part) and got her little trophy to go with her athletics one she got last week.
She keeps hold of it as if it was the FA Cup )
So how about you take your head out your ass?

The goal was accomplished with the part in bold, surely that is all that should count?
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Connor MacLeod for this useful post:
  #51  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:17
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy McModface
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,193
Groaned at 50 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 8,060 Times in 2,946 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
The way you described the "apparently" Chinese kid (how would you know the nationality, by the way?!) is just beyond nasty.
Erm. I don't think "the 3legged 4earred Chinese half girl half boy" actually exists. It was an example presumably exaggererated to highlight that it wasn't a real person. He was saying that he wasn't upset that it was his daughter, but he would feel the same if it was any other "outsider".
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank mirfield for this useful post:
  #52  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:18
adrianlondon's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,801
Groaned at 189 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 24,249 Times in 6,529 Posts
adrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
OMG having been reading the replies to my thread, i already knew that there is a lot of stuck up folk on this forum but FFS,!
"Random people who don't know you don't stop everything to help you when you rant" shock.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank adrianlondon for this useful post:
  #53  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:19
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,522
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,156 Times in 4,356 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
Erm. I don't think "the 3legged 4earred Chinese half girl half boy" actually exists. It was an example presumably exaggererated to highlight that it wasn't a real person. He was saying that he wasn't upset that it was his daughter, but he would feel the same if it was any other "outsider".
Perhaps, but for me the choice of words one uses speaks volumes as to their character. The exaggeration could have left out the word Chinese and still gotten the point across.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #54  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:24
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy McModface
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,193
Groaned at 50 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 8,060 Times in 2,946 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
Perhaps, but for me the choice of words one uses speaks volumes as to their character. The exaggeration could have left out the word Chinese and still gotten the point across.
Meh. To me it was just a random nationality different from his own, and different from the coach, to highlight that the nationality didn't matter to him. It seems an odd thing to pick up on, but I guess I'm not particularly PC.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank mirfield for this useful post:
  #55  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:38
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,649
Groaned at 152 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,558 Times in 3,215 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
By your own words, your daughter did get to play in every game. Maybe not as much as you would have liked. Every parent wants their child to have fair playing time, but of course what's fair to you may not be fair to someone else. In soccer, it's often a bit unfair, as some players will get to play the whole game every time, and those that sub get less or even no time.
The child got more playing time than Lukas Podolski at Arsenal.
The English must be racists
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #56  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:43
Connor MacLeod's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: here
Posts: 765
Groaned at 89 Times in 58 Posts
Thanked 2,447 Times in 800 Posts
Connor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
WOW. Don't expect help in the future by acting like this on a forum. Stuck up, are we? The way you described the "apparently" Chinese kid (how would you know the nationality, by the way?!) is just beyond nasty.
I don't agree with the OP one bit, but your thinking behind this is simply crazy, in fact I actually think you might have been joking and I've missed it.

I bet if he had written
Quote:
"Also its not just because it was my daughter, it could be the only oh i don`t know, the 3legged 4earred English or American half girl half boy he took off!"
you would not have taken any notice.

Last edited by Connor MacLeod; 22.02.2015 at 18:57.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Connor MacLeod for this useful post:
  #57  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here
Posts: 3,534
Groaned at 51 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,804 Posts
glowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
Erm. I don't think "the 3legged 4earred Chinese half girl half boy" actually exists. It was an example presumably exaggererated to highlight that it wasn't a real person. He was saying that he wasn't upset that it was his daughter, but he would feel the same if it was any other "outsider".
A very poor way of highlighting IMO.

Quote:
View Post
I don't agree with the OP one bit, but your thinking behind this is simply crazy, in fact I actually think you might have been joking and I've missed it.
I can assure you, I was not joking. One does not speak of /joke about physical attributes (exaggerated or not) in such a manner without losing credibility in front of me.

Quote:
View Post
I bet if he had written you would not have taken any notice.
Yes, I would have. It is uncalled for. See above for explanation.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank glowjupiter for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 22.02.2015, 18:59
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,101
Groaned at 924 Times in 720 Posts
Thanked 19,642 Times in 9,451 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
You're a man and you can prove it with this one question. Archive your message if anybody doubt it.
Alas, I know the correct answer despite being a man.

However, a French ex-girlfriend is a stylist for a French shoe company, and I loved watching Ab-Fab.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 22.02.2015, 19:02
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 19,355
Groaned at 368 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 22,366 Times in 10,062 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Without being over PC, using the word Chinese and the description really smacks of total insensitivity, really (Down Syndrome?) - and in view of the post, even more so.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Odile for this useful post:
This user groans at Odile for this post:
  #60  
Old 22.02.2015, 19:04
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,101
Groaned at 924 Times in 720 Posts
Thanked 19,642 Times in 9,451 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti female or anti English

Quote:
View Post
I bet if he had written...
OP is a she (or a Bruce Jenner wanna-be).

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anti Bark Collar and other anti bark tips... MaybeeSkint Pet corner 24 30.07.2014 16:07
Postpartum depression... to anti-depressant or not to anti-depressant? Pancakes Family matters/health 96 05.03.2013 14:54
Managed anti-spam and anti-virus service for individual domain-owners spamchek Commercial 0 13.05.2005 12:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0