Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 21.06.2016, 23:26
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
mpisar has earned some respectmpisar has earned some respect
Re: Website to sell second-hand stuff? [Ricardo/eBay]

Ricardo is quite strange. Last year I was searching for a bike, I took part in some biddings. Few times I was wining and then suddenly 1 sec before end someone placed much higher bid and won auction - probably owner not happy with a price. I just lost lots of time.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 30.06.2016, 16:09
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SG
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Kattie has become a little unpopularKattie has become a little unpopular
Re: Website to sell second-hand stuff? [Ricardo/eBay]

www.tutti.ch
But i agree that www.ricardo.ch is the most popular one.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 30.06.2016, 16:16
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SZ
Posts: 9,271
Groaned at 215 Times in 178 Posts
Thanked 16,474 Times in 6,018 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Website to sell second-hand stuff? [Ricardo/eBay]

Quote:
View Post
Ricardo is quite strange. Last year I was searching for a bike, I took part in some biddings. Few times I was wining and then suddenly 1 sec before end someone placed much higher bid and won auction - probably owner not happy with a price. I just lost lots of time.
That's impossible as this is not how ricardo works: last second sniping is normal on eBay, but on ricardo does every bid extend the auction by several minutes (5?).
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 30.06.2016, 17:29
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy McModface
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,203
Groaned at 51 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 8,086 Times in 2,951 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Website to sell second-hand stuff? [Ricardo/eBay]

Quote:
View Post
That's impossible as this is not how ricardo works: last second sniping is normal on eBay, but on ricardo does every bid extend the auction by several minutes (5?).
And even where sniping does work, just bid the price you are willing to pay. If you get outbid, the item is too expensive for you, whether you are outbid hours or seconds before the auction ends. If you keep bidding then you end up getting compeatative and paying too much.

My tip; bid and don't look until the auction ends.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 30.06.2016, 17:31
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,978
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,224 Times in 2,909 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Website to sell second-hand stuff? [Ricardo/eBay]

Quote:
View Post
And even where sniping does work, just bid the price you are willing to pay. If you get outbid, the item is too expensive for you, whether you are outbid hours or seconds before the auction ends. If you keep bidding then you end up getting compeatative and paying too much.

My tip; bid and don't look until the auction ends.

I think we should store this subject in the "Emergency Friday Thread Material" category.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 30.06.2016, 19:53
moggy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Thurgau (& London, UK)
Posts: 1,488
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 768 Times in 511 Posts
moggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Website to sell second-hand stuff? [Ricardo/eBay]

Quote:
View Post
Ricardo is quite strange. Last year I was searching for a bike, I took part in some biddings. Few times I was wining and then suddenly 1 sec before end someone placed much higher bid and won auction - probably owner not happy with a price. I just lost lots of time.
Something odd re 1 second, was there a problem with your connection.

Not sure exactly something to do with 1.5 to 3minutes, maybe 2 minutes if further bids it would normally continue another 2 minutes I think & have seen the odd item keep going for several 2 minute repeats until only one bidder before selling.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ebay, ricardo, sell




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling a car - comprehensive thread Oz12 Daily life 119 07.09.2013 00:03
Sell of handmade items Enkhe Items for sale 1 13.04.2007 23:09
2 Concert Tickets for Placebo to sell Desperate Housewife Items for sale 0 15.09.2006 16:58
Closing-up shop....things to sell Koko Items for sale 2 18.08.2006 19:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0