Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #441  
Old 04.10.2012, 09:54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 31
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 36 Times in 13 Posts
R4M2K is considered knowledgeableR4M2K is considered knowledgeableR4M2K is considered knowledgeable
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

I am so disappointed in the NHL negotiations, being a big NHL fan, that I am considering just watching the KHL or Swiss League and not going back even IF the.... ahem... "people" running these negotations are able to salvage the season, which I am sure they wont.

So sad. I love hockey, and the Montreal Canadiens.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 04.10.2012, 10:08
lobd's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 58
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
lobd has no particular reputation at present
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
Servette have had a dream opening to the season, yet how much can attributed to Weber is debatable, and Couture has only played the one game
I have a season ticket for GSHC. We have indeed had a fabulous start; Weber started slowly but was superb against Lugano on Tuesday night. Couture hasn't really got going yet.
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 08.10.2012, 22:11
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Letzeburg
Posts: 1,971
Groaned at 68 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 5,005 Times in 1,780 Posts
crazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Zetterberg will be playing for Zug, looks like I'll be watching some hockey in person this season!!!
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 17.10.2012, 14:22
prof. taratonga's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Zürich & Bignasco
Posts: 2,308
Groaned at 28 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,437 Posts
prof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

It looks like there is a new offer from the NHL which could end the lockout on November 2nd.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...ovember-season
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 17.10.2012, 14:40
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 9,985
Groaned at 563 Times in 363 Posts
Thanked 12,631 Times in 5,029 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

I'm pleased to announce, that Olten is leading the league with 6 points ahead of the second ranked team.

Go mighty Powermice Go!!

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #446  
Old 17.10.2012, 15:30
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,721
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,238 Times in 1,924 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
It looks like there is a new offer from the NHL which could end the lockout on November 2nd.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...ovember-season
50:50 is no deal! The players deserve more. (actually I really don't care, but I haven't gotten a chance to see Spezza and the Nash/Thornton show here yet)
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 19.10.2012, 23:43
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,448
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,517 Times in 3,043 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...kout-drags-on/

Who can afford this guy ?
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 24.10.2012, 00:26
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 9,985
Groaned at 563 Times in 363 Posts
Thanked 12,631 Times in 5,029 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
I'm pleased to announce, that Olten is leading the league with 6 points ahead of the second ranked team.

Go mighty Powermice Go!!

Olten just won their 10th game in a row. The derby against Langenthal this coming Friday will definitely be an epic one. Thanks to the lockout, Langenthal signed Peter Regin from the Ottawa Senators, who already made a mark in the league.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #449  
Old 24.10.2012, 13:07
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,721
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,238 Times in 1,924 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Is it the NHL lockout bringing more of an NHL style to the CH league. Check out this nasty open-ice hit from Zug-ZSC
http://www.blick.ch/sport/der-brutal...id2078383.html
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 02.11.2012, 15:57
Rob's Avatar
Rob Rob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Baden AG
Posts: 392
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 360 Times in 182 Posts
Rob has earned the respect of manyRob has earned the respect of manyRob has earned the respect of many
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

ZSC have finally recruited an NHLer, Dustin Brown of the LA Kings.

This was after Gilbert Brule asked to leave and went back to Canada, apparently he couldn't settle in Zürich.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/s...ay-nhl-lockout
Reply With Quote
  #451  
Old 02.11.2012, 16:04
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,296
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,219 Times in 5,025 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
ZSC have finally recruited an NHLer, Dustin Brown of the LA Kings.

This was after Gilbert Brule asked to leave and went back to Canada, apparently he couldn't settle in Zürich.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/s...ay-nhl-lockout
And Gottéron have also finally bitten the bullet and signed David Desharnais from the Canadiens. Still not sure about this, but we've had some injuries and a couple of our imports are underperforming at the moment.

Anyone see Couture's "between-the-legs" goal? I'm no fan of Servette, but that was pretty cool.
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 02.11.2012, 16:07
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,296
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,219 Times in 5,025 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
Is it the NHL lockout bringing more of an NHL style to the CH league. Check out this nasty open-ice hit from Zug-ZSC
http://www.blick.ch/sport/der-brutal...id2078383.html
Blaser picked up a 7-game ban for that. Not sure if it is a result of the lockout though, reminded me of Hein's hit on Josi a couple years back:

Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank PaddyG for this useful post:
  #453  
Old 02.11.2012, 16:08
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,721
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,238 Times in 1,924 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
And Gottéron have also finally bitten the bullet and signed David Desharnais from the Canadiens. Still not sure about this, but we've had some injuries and a couple of our imports are underperforming at the moment.

Anyone see Couture's "between-the-legs" goal? I'm no fan of Servette, but that was pretty cool.
Good catch. Had to look it up---Glad to see the lockouters are having fun here (Shout out to a G-spot boy!). The NHL lacks that kinda showboating, usually have to go to the juniors to see it. On that note, it's tipping point for the lockout. If they cancel the winter classic, you can probably forget about the rest of the season, maybe we'll hear some news today.

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chemmie for this useful post:
  #454  
Old 06.12.2012, 12:28
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,296
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,219 Times in 5,025 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

There's rumours the lock-out could end before Christmas. Talks have been "positive" apparently.

Be interesting to see how the likes of Zug and and Biel will do without their lockout players. Especially Zug, the Brunner-Omark-Zetterberg line is responsible for practically all their goals.

Will be sad to see Desharnais leave Gottéron though, he's not been here long, but has slotted into the team and the style very well.

Anyway, let's wait and see eh?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank PaddyG for this useful post:
  #455  
Old 06.12.2012, 13:34
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,721
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,238 Times in 1,924 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
There's rumours the lock-out could end before Christmas. Talks have been "positive" apparently.

Be interesting to see how the likes of Zug and and Biel will do without their lockout players. Especially Zug, the Brunner-Omark-Zetterberg line is responsible for practically all their goals.

Will be sad to see Desharnais leave Gottéron though, he's not been here long, but has slotted into the team and the style very well.

Anyway, let's wait and see eh?
I went and saw Kloten-Bern last weekend. Tavares wasn't amazing, but did put together a couple nice dangles and points. I did feel bad for Josi and Streit when after the game, Tavares returned to the ice for a standing ovation skate around the ice.

Definitely still need to see the Kane-Sequin and the Thornton-Nash show. Spezza would be a fun watch as well if possible.
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 06.12.2012, 13:44
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,296
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,219 Times in 5,025 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
I went and saw Kloten-Bern last weekend. Tavares wasn't amazing, but did put together a couple nice dangles and points. I did feel bad for Josi and Streit when after the game, Tavares returned to the ice for a standing ovation skate around the ice.

Definitely still need to see the Kane-Sequin and the Thornton-Nash show. Spezza would be a fun watch as well if possible.
Seguin-Kane were responsible for Biel beating Gottéron back in November, but it's also obvious that if they're not firing, Biel are nothing. Brunner and co also scored all goals in our defeat to Zug on Tuesday. Thornotn-Nash vist on Saturday, so will be interesting to see. HCD are otherwise having an awful season by their standards.
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 06.12.2012, 14:16
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,721
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,238 Times in 1,924 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
Seguin-Kane were responsible for Biel beating Gottéron back in November, but it's also obvious that if they're not firing, Biel are nothing. Brunner and co also scored all goals in our defeat to Zug on Tuesday. Thornotn-Nash vist on Saturday, so will be interesting to see. HCD are otherwise having an awful season by their standards.
Speaking of Davos----will the Lockout players stay on Davos for the Spengler cup? Or will they be added to their respective national team? Shakes things up a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 06.12.2012, 14:20
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,296
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,219 Times in 5,025 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
Speaking of Davos----will the Lockout players stay on Davos for the Spengler cup? Or will they be added to their respective national team? Shakes things up a bit.
I think they will stay on with Davos, and will be joined by Hiller and Kane, apparently.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 06.12.2012, 15:03
prof. taratonga's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Zürich & Bignasco
Posts: 2,308
Groaned at 28 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,437 Posts
prof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond reputeprof. taratonga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
Speaking of Davos----will the Lockout players stay on Davos for the Spengler cup? Or will they be added to their respective national team? Shakes things up a bit.
If the lockout is still on during this period a lot of the Canadian NHL players will play for Team Canada:

Jason Spezza, Mike Del Zotto, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin, John Tavares, Logan Couture and Jared Spurgeon have already commited. They are still waiting for an answer from Brooks Laich and Tyler Ennis.
Some Lockout players from the Austrian League would also join the team.

If the NHL Season starts before the Spengler Cup Canada has a B-Team with the regular canadian players from the Swiss League.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank prof. taratonga for this useful post:
  #460  
Old 06.12.2012, 15:48
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,721
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,238 Times in 1,924 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (Ice) Hockey Thread

Quote:
View Post
If the lockout is still on during this period a lot of the Canadian NHL players will play for Team Canada:

Jason Spezza, Mike Del Zotto, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin, John Tavares, Logan Couture and Jared Spurgeon have already commited. They are still waiting for an answer from Brooks Laich and Tyler Ennis.
Some Lockout players from the Austrian League would also join the team.

If the NHL Season starts before the Spengler Cup Canada has a B-Team with the regular canadian players from the Swiss League.
Apparently Couture headed back to Canada early? Any confirmation on this rumour? Will he skip out on the 'stacked' Spengler team Canada?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ice hockey, nhl, nla, winter olympics




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ice Hockey thread Felix Football/sports 16 25.03.2012 13:46
Ice Hockey In Ticino LostInTranslation Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 0 09.12.2009 04:13
Ice Hockey anyone? [Bern] esto Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 0 08.09.2008 12:52
Ice hockey on TV Mikeybroomers TV/internet/telephone 2 23.10.2007 23:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0