Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26.07.2012, 12:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 297
Groaned at 38 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 295 Times in 146 Posts
stubborn has become a little unpopularstubborn has become a little unpopular
RAv rules

I am living in Switzerland for 4 years and have paid unemployment insurance the whole time. Now I do not have job and looking for one. When I approached RAV they only paid me 70% of the 40% of total salary. Normally the payment is 70% of the total salary. When I asked why, they told me that since I lost job my B permit (non EU) became L permit and with this I am allowed to work only 40% so the unemployment is based on it.

What I do not understand is if its like this, why should I pay unemployment insurance same as EUs and Swiss? When I asked RAV and ALK about it, they replied "we understand you but rules are rules!!"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26.07.2012, 12:59
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 9,688
Groaned at 73 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 14,748 Times in 5,754 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAv rules

Do they know you are married to a Swiss? It's strange that they've "downgraded" your permit despite your marriage.

Did you become unemployed before you got married?

No doubt someone will be along with more sound advice but I definitely find it a bit odd.

A (married and non-EU) friend of mine is unemployed but maintained her B-Permit status after losing her job.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26.07.2012, 13:00
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 13,775
Groaned at 209 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 11,088 Times in 6,288 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAv rules

Quote:
View Post
I am living in Switzerland for 4 years and have paid unemployment insurance the whole time. Now I do not have job and looking for one. When I approached RAV they only paid me 70% of the 40% of total salary. Normally the payment is 70% of the total salary. When I asked why, they told me that since I lost job my B permit (non EU) became L permit and with this I am allowed to work only 40% so the unemployment is based on it.

What I do not understand is if its like this, why should I pay unemployment insurance same as EUs and Swiss? When I asked RAV and ALK about it, they replied "we understand you but rules are rules!!"
Did you register before you lost you job as you should or sometime after. I suspect that is the issue.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26.07.2012, 16:51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 297
Groaned at 38 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 295 Times in 146 Posts
stubborn has become a little unpopularstubborn has become a little unpopular
Quote:
View Post
Do they know you are married to a Swiss? It's strange that they've "downgraded" your permit despite your marriage.

Did you become unemployed before you got married?

No doubt someone will be along with more sound advice but I definitely find it a bit odd.

A (married and non-EU) friend of mine is unemployed but maintained her B-Permit status after losing her job.
I was not yet married when I applied for RAV.

Quote:
View Post
Did you register before you lost you job as you should or sometime after. I suspect that is the issue.
Could be I though to take 3 months of not working and thus did apply for RAV.

Last edited by jrspet; 26.07.2012 at 16:54. Reason: Merging of successive posts
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26.07.2012, 17:00
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 9,688
Groaned at 73 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 14,748 Times in 5,754 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAv rules

Quote:
View Post
I was not yet married when I applied for RAV.
Inform them of your new circumstances and they may re-issue you with a B-permit.

Quote:
View Post
Could be I though to take 3 months of not working and thus did apply for RAV.
This is one of their rules - you have to register with the RAV as soon as you know you are going to leave your job and you also have to start applying for jobs immediately. If you don't do any of this, they withhold payments. Beware, you have to work pretty hard on finding a new job to avoid future "fines".
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05.01.2015, 23:14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 124
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
jamesWtc has made some interesting contributions
Re: RAv rules

Quote:
View Post
When I asked why, they told me that since I lost job my B permit (non EU) became L permit and with this I am allowed to work only 40% so the unemployment is based on it.
Is this really the case? I'm on non-EU B permit too, been living here for 8 years.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RAV payments juice99 Employment 3 26.09.2011 17:45
Changing the rules re: "noise" rules Patuleko Daily life 43 23.09.2010 18:30
RAV meeting rrs Employment 23 14.08.2010 04:42
[Potential] Change in Chomage Rules (Unemployment rules) SophieNam Employment 20 17.12.2009 14:40


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0