Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25.03.2015, 13:23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Horgen, 8810
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pink-Julia has no particular reputation at present
Need an advice. Accident insurence

Hi everybody!
My situation is : trying to get part-time job in the tiny food store.
As negotiated with the owner I will be working every Monday from 10:00-18:00(1hour brack) that makes 7 hours a day, and every second Saturday same hours. In Total it is going to be 6 day a month:first week on the month it is 7 hours/w, 2-nd week- 14h/w, 3-d week -7 h/w and 4th week-14h/w.
My consern is : do I have a right to ask for the accident incurance or not? Is it more than 8 h/w or still 7h/w?
My boss calculates this way: 7+14+7+14=42/6=7h/w
I calculate this way: 7+14+7+14=42/4(weeks in a month)=10.5
Guys , Please help me !
Thanks?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25.03.2015, 13:46
Ace1's Avatar
A singular modality
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Engelberg & near Basel
Posts: 5,855
Groaned at 167 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 8,886 Times in 3,980 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need an advice. Accident insurence

Quote:
View Post
My consern is : do I have a right to ask for the accident incurance or not? Is it more than 8 h/w or still 7h/w?
My boss calculates this way: 7+14+7+14=42/6=7h/w
I calculate this way: 7+14+7+14=42/4(weeks in a month)=10.5
Your assumption of 4 weeks per month is wrong, but the result is correct. Forget about how many days a month you work, simply average the hours per week, which give (14+7)/2.

What your boss thinks he's doing I can't even guess at. all he's actually done is recalculate the number of hours per working day, nothing about weeks in there at all.

Last edited by Ace1; 25.03.2015 at 15:08. Reason: Edited for clarity.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25.03.2015, 13:59
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Was Belgium now Neuchâtel
Posts: 8,195
Groaned at 60 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 10,208 Times in 4,909 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need an advice. Accident insurence

Quote:
View Post
Your assumption of 4 weeks per month is wrong, but the result is correct. Forget about how many days a month you work, simply average the hours per week, which give 14+7/2.

What your boss thinks he's doing I can't even guess at. all he's actually done is recalculate the number of hours per working day, nothing about weeks in there at all.

Shouldn't the average hours per week be 7+7/2?

She is effectively working one full day plus one half day per week isn't she?

Either way both the OP's calculations are wrong ( for different reasons) but the total hours worked are more than 8 per week.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 25.03.2015, 14:38
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Horgen, 8810
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pink-Julia has no particular reputation at present
Re: Need an advice. Accident insurence

Quote:
View Post
Shouldn't the average hours per week be 7+7/2?

She is effectively working one full day plus one half day per week isn't she?

Either way both the OP's calculations are wrong ( for different reasons) but the total hours worked are more than 8 per week.
The working scadule supposed to be every Monday (full day) and every next Saturday( full day), 6 days in a month.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25.03.2015, 14:41
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Was Belgium now Neuchâtel
Posts: 8,195
Groaned at 60 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 10,208 Times in 4,909 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need an advice. Accident insurence

Quote:
View Post
The working scadule supposed to be every Monday (full day) and every next Saturday( full day), 6 days in a month.
Yes I understand that. It averages out to one and a half days per week which makes 10.5 hours per week.

For arguments sake lets assume you work 48 weeks per year (4 weeks holiday)

That would be 24 x 7 + 24 x 14 = 168 + 336 = 504 hours per year
504 : 48 = 10.5 hours per week.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25.03.2015, 14:41
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Horgen, 8810
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pink-Julia has no particular reputation at present
Re: Need an advice. Accident insurence

Quote:
View Post
Your assumption of 4 weeks per month is wrong, but the result is correct. Forget about how many days a month you work, simply average the hours per week, which give 14+7/2.

What your boss thinks he's doing I can't even guess at. all he's actually done is recalculate the number of hours per working day, nothing about weeks in there at all.
Thans for your reply. So what it the real and right calculation of working hours in my case?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25.03.2015, 15:03
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 5,028
Groaned at 40 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 7,068 Times in 3,215 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need an advice. Accident insurence

Either 7 + 7/2 = 10.5

Or if it is indeed no more than 6 days every month then:
6 * 7 / (52/12) = 9.69

or

6 * 7 / 31 * 7 = 9.48 (Thats the lowest number you could reasonably end up with)

http://www.gerichte-zh.ch/themen/arb...echnungen.html

Anyway, there is no logical way how you can end up with less then 8 h /week.
I do not know why your boss divides by 6. Doe not make any sense.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 26.03.2015, 12:11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Horgen, 8810
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pink-Julia has no particular reputation at present
Re: Need an advice. Accident insurence

Quote:
View Post
Either 7 + 7/2 = 10.5

Or if it is indeed no more than 6 days every month then:
6 * 7 / (52/12) = 9.69

or

6 * 7 / 31 * 7 = 9.48 (Thats the lowest number you could reasonably end up with)

http://www.gerichte-zh.ch/themen/arb...echnungen.html

Anyway, there is no logical way how you can end up with less then 8 h /week.
I do not know why your boss divides by 6. Doe not make any sense.
Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad accident at school - need advice/help Chris5 Daily life 79 18.08.2014 11:24
Salary raise request-need an advice marta2014 Employment 2 22.04.2014 19:16
I need an advice on a renting offer Tweener Housing in general 9 21.01.2008 21:59
I need an advice for a delicate matter Tweener Employment 6 17.12.2007 16:49


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0