Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 13.02.2016, 10:42
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 13,768
Groaned at 209 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 11,086 Times in 6,286 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
I did this, i included my payslip from that day.
But this does not satisfy the unemployment fund.

Your employer (for that day) have to fill out the certificate of a Interim earnings(2 Pages) and have to add your contract(if there is one).
I always filled out the form myself & got the employer to sign it. Never had a contract.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #22  
Old 13.02.2016, 10:44
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,168
Groaned at 29 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 349 Posts
blackbird has no particular reputation at present
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

My employer for that day resides in zurich, the work was in davos.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 13.02.2016, 13:46
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: LU
Posts: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Darkira has no particular reputation at present
The appointment was supposed to be on 10, I received the letter in 11, I called after receiving the letter (11) and on 12 I went to the new appointment!
I do everything right and on time, I don't know why is she always so arrogant with me...i also asked for the german course and she says that she just simple will not give it to me because I have level A1, and it's enought! :/ sorry but WTF!??

yes I understand, but I didn't saw correctly the day on the paper...everyone can make mistakes...sometimes I think that people should me more human, it's about the money and punishment...I'm not in RAV because I want, it's because I can't find a job, and with my baby even more difficult, employers don't want mothers with babys, if the baby is see, she can't go to work...

Last edited by 3Wishes; 13.02.2016 at 15:04. Reason: merging consecutive replies
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 13.02.2016, 14:43
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,390
Groaned at 160 Times in 109 Posts
Thanked 7,735 Times in 3,203 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Darkira, it's normal to be upset by this. Financial hardship is no laughing matter and with a baby to look after you will be stressed.

I agree with you that to be penalised a quarter of your income for a mistake is harsh. I'm sure you understand that the RAV is an insititution which needs to keep people in check - and I'm sure you didn't play the system by missing an appointment.

It's understandable but it's already happened; now make sure the next meeting is written on the fridge door and an alert made on your phone.

You can appeal the penalty punishment, although not the penalty itself. Write to your unemployment insurance office (they're independent of the RAV and you'll have documentation somewhere telling you to which 'Kasse' office you subscribed) and copy your RAV advisor in too. Ask them to reconsider the severity of the punishment as it's putting you in hardship.

They may respond positively, they may not, but if you're alone and dependent on the insurance it's worth an hour of your time.

Explain politely. Swiss bureaucracy is humourless but very efficient. There are humans behind the screens.

Take it easy with yourself and remember the RAV aren't being personal in their penalty notice; it's the way it goes.

Head up and good luck!
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank Uncle Max for this useful post:
  #25  
Old 13.02.2016, 17:00
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 13,768
Groaned at 209 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 11,086 Times in 6,286 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
My employer for that day resides in zurich, the work was in davos.
I have done work in multiple places, then get the paperwork done, it depends if you want to be paid or just complain.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 13.02.2016, 19:38
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: LU
Posts: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Darkira has no particular reputation at present
So, I should send a registered lettler to my "kasse"( I know which is, I had to choose it when I refilled the first formular for RAV in Arbeitsamt) and to my personalberater, asking to reconsider the punishment, right?

and thank you for the Tips!

Quote:
View Post
So, I should send a registered lettler to my "kasse"( I know which is, I had to choose it when I refilled the first formular for RAV in Arbeitsamt) and to my personalberater, asking to reconsider the punishment, right?

and thank you for the Tips!
well not the punishment...but the severity...

Last edited by 3Wishes; 13.02.2016 at 23:42. Reason: merging consecutive replies
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 13.02.2016, 19:53
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,141
Groaned at 926 Times in 722 Posts
Thanked 19,722 Times in 9,478 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

The kasse has nothing to do with any decision, only the RAV does.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 14.02.2016, 00:47
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,168
Groaned at 29 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 349 Posts
blackbird has no particular reputation at present
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
The kasse has nothing to do with any decision, only the RAV does.

Tom
That's not the thruth, the unemployment fund establish the amount of
penalty days in the case, the worker withdraw from the work immediate.
The RAV is not involved in this matter.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank blackbird for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at blackbird for this post:
  #29  
Old 14.02.2016, 00:49
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,141
Groaned at 926 Times in 722 Posts
Thanked 19,722 Times in 9,478 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
That's not the thruth, the unemployment fund establish the amount of
penalty days in the case, the worker withdraw from the work immediate.
The RAV is not involved in this matter.
Wrong, the RAV decides, the kasse just pays.

The kasse decides NOTHING!

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user groans at st2lemans for this post:
  #30  
Old 14.02.2016, 00:56
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 7,446
Groaned at 96 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,766 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
That's not the thruth, the unemployment fund establish the amount of
penalty days in the case, the worker withdraw from the work immediate.
The RAV is not involved in this matter.
Quote:
View Post
Wrong, the RAV decides, the kasse just pays.

The kasse decides NOTHING!

Tom
In general, RAV provides the ALK with info about Arbeitsbehümungen that unemployed has to fill in on monthly basis.
The ALK processes additional information e.g list of absences during the course to be paid for or not and also decides about e.g. 70% or 80% in case of dependents. Both are important and can affect your Tagesgeld.

AFAIK, the RAV decides about Wartetage. http://www.treffpunkt-arbeit.ch/arbeitslos/FAQ/
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank jacek for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 14.02.2016, 11:44
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: LU
Posts: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Darkira has no particular reputation at present
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Jacek are you telling that I should just send a Letter or write an Email to my personalberater to reconsider the severity? He is on holidays the next two weeks...any solution?
I'm just searching job at 60%, so my tagesgeld is lower, and for me 5 days makes diference, as my husband has a low salary too...Mindestlohn in Gastgewerbe.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 14.02.2016, 11:47
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 7,446
Groaned at 96 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,766 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
Jacek are you telling that I should just send a Letter or write an Email to my personalberater to reconsider the severity? He is on holidays the next two weeks...any solution?
I'm just searching job at 60%, so my tagesgeld is lower, and for me 5 days makes diference, as my husband has a low salary too...Mindestlohn in Gastgewerbe.
I would suggest to contact them again and ask to reconsider the original decision given your current situation, as suggested in: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Reason and plea. After the initial decision has been made, you have nothing to lose perhaps more to gain?

Good luck in any event. As you have a child you are also entitled to Kinderzulage (children allowance) and automatically to 80% of you yearly income. If you feel that you have problems to make ends meet, then perhaps RAV can help with subsided health insurance. However I wouldn't go this route if you don't have to. It may open the whole new pandora box regarding your permit renewal in the future.

Regarding the intensive courses that RAV offers I would push for more than A1 level, because it's only a basic level and in real life you need more than that. Usually those courses last 8 weeks nonstop each and you can do in accelerated mode books e.g. A1/A2, A2/B1, B1/B2 depending on the school. Finally, you can take the official test to obtain the certificate. Remember that Switzerland is all about certification so they will come very handy in search for work.
__________________
🎾That's what we do to help English speaking expats community in Switzerland:
General Information About Swiss Tennis
Tennis Lessons Summer Winter Seasons
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa

Last edited by jacek; 14.02.2016 at 12:17.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jacek for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 14.02.2016, 15:53
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: LU
Posts: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Darkira has no particular reputation at present
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
I would suggest to contact them again and ask to reconsider the original decision given your current situation, as suggested in: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Reason and plea. After the initial decision has been made, you have nothing to lose perhaps more to gain?

Good luck in any event. As you have a child you are also entitled to Kinderzulage (children allowance) and automatically to 80% of you yearly income. If you feel that you have problems to make ends meet, then perhaps RAV can help with subsided health insurance. However I wouldn't go this route if you don't have to. It may open the whole new pandora box regarding your permit renewal in the future.

Regarding the intensive courses that RAV offers I would push for more than A1 level, because it's only a basic level and in real life you need more than that. Usually those courses last 8 weeks nonstop each and you can do in accelerated mode books e.g. A1/A2, A2/B1, B1/B2 depending on the school. Finally, you can take the official test to obtain the certificate. Remember that Switzerland is all about certification so they will come very handy in search for work.
thank you for the advices...´

I have another question...

I was working 60% before RAV, so I receive 80% from 60%, right?

If I decrease the ammount to 50%, do I receive 80% too?

I'm asking because it's easier to put my child in a KITA if I had to work just half a day, or if I have to go to an "occupation" sended by RAV. Now I have someone that can look after him, but she is searching for a job and she will maybe start in a hotel next Month. So if I put my baby in a KITA just mornings and search job just for mornings is better to me. but would be great if I receive 80% even searching just 50%.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 14.02.2016, 16:02
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 7,446
Groaned at 96 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,766 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
thank you for the advices...´

I have another question...

I was working 60% before RAV, so I receive 80% from 60%, right?

If I decrease the ammount to 50%, do I receive 80% too?

I'm asking because it's easier to put my child in a KITA if I had to work just half a day, or if I have to go to an "occupation" sended by RAV. Now I have someone that can look after him, but she is searching for a job and she will maybe start in a hotel next Month. So if I put my baby in a KITA just mornings and search job just for mornings is better to me. but would be great if I receive 80% even searching just 50%.
You will be receiving monthly Bescheinigung around the 10th-17th day of every month from ALK which is your monthly statement whether you worked/attended courses/absent for some reasons/if you are insured for payout/your ability to work/how many procent you were searching for job in your capacity and etc ... If you put your non-full 100% capability to work or willingness to work, then you have to justify it why. This itself is an information to ALK that your are not willing to take full time employment and may affect your pay out. The filled in declaration document will have to be sent back to ALK around the 22nd-25th day of given month for which the statement is due. Also you mustn't forget about your proof(s) of job search http://www.awa.zh.ch/internet/volksw...bemühungen.pdf which have to be sent to RAV until the 5th day of the following month at the latest. Failure of doing so or late sent proofs, will result in more payment cuts.

This all your RAV Berater should have explained to you in advance

I suggest you really get familiar with the process or get a translator to avoid misunderstanding. The system is for everyone but any kind of failure to abide with will result in monetary consequences to applicants detriment. Sorry, but that's how it works.
__________________
🎾That's what we do to help English speaking expats community in Switzerland:
General Information About Swiss Tennis
Tennis Lessons Summer Winter Seasons
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa

Last edited by jacek; 14.02.2016 at 16:22.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank jacek for this useful post:
  #35  
Old 14.02.2016, 16:33
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: LU
Posts: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Darkira has no particular reputation at present
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

He explained some things and I read some information paper that was available on a e-learning modul in my mother language.

The main problem is that the personalberater forbbided my friend that speaks fluent german to come with me, sometimes I don't understand 100% was he is telling me...I say to him when I don't understand, he tries to say in other words, but sometimes I don't understand too, but he told me that I have to come alone, that my german is enought...but is not!!!

I think that if I was working at full time and had a salary 3400.- brutto, then in RAV I will receive 80% from that amount as maximum searching 100% job.

But I was working 60% so 2045.- was the full salary, so now I receive 80% from 2045.-, because it's 80% from the amount of work, right? so without taxes something like...1636.-

If I change, and start to search 50% work do I receive like half of 1636.- or this rule of being Mother and receiving 80% is aplied?

Sorry I think I'm being redundant, but I haven't understood pretty well...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 14.02.2016, 16:36
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 13,768
Groaned at 209 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 11,086 Times in 6,286 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
He explained some things and I read some information paper that was available on a e-learning modul in my mother language.

The main problem is that the personalberater forbbided my friend that speaks fluent german to come with me, sometimes I don't understand 100% was he is telling me...I say to him when I don't understand, he tries to say in other words, but sometimes I don't understand too, but he told me that I have to come alone, that my german is enought...but is not!!!

I think that if I was working at full time and had a salary 3400.- brutto, then in RAV I will receive 80% from that amount as maximum searching 100% job.

But I was working 60% so 2045.- was the full salary, so now I receive 80% from 2045.-, because it's 80% from the amount of work, right? so without taxes something like...1636.-

If I change, and start to search 50% work do I receive like half of 1636.- or this rule of being Mother and receiving 80% is aplied?

Sorry I think I'm being redundant, but I haven't understood pretty well...
I think you have worked it out, you can always do part time / occasional work, it does not have to be a 'proper job'
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 14.02.2016, 16:42
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 7,446
Groaned at 96 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,766 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

I would look for 100% of work and if you only find part time job, which will pay less than your ALK monthly repayment, then the system will compensate the difference.

It's actually recommended that you take up at least a part time work (if you find one), even at some percentage, because you get slightly more money than being fully unemployed.

RAV: compensation payments for part-time work
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jacek for this useful post:
  #38  
Old 14.02.2016, 18:43
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: LU
Posts: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Darkira has no particular reputation at present
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
I would look for 100% of work and if you only find part time job, which will pay less than your ALK monthly repayment, then the system will compensate the difference.

It's actually recommended that you take up at least a part time work (if you find one), even at some percentage, because you get slightly more money than being fully unemployed.

RAV: compensation payments for part-time work
Thank you for the tips, but I don't want to work at 100% because of my baby, that's why I'm not seaching job at 100% but 60%, I prefer to live with less money than my baby raised by others, but thank you for your tip.

Yes I'm searching for a part-time job, not just 60%, any amount equal or under 60% It's ok for me.

thank you again
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 14.02.2016, 19:42
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,348
Groaned at 219 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 3,874 Times in 1,544 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

When I was on RAV my advisor was quite reasonable and only wanted to meet once every couple of month because in his own words he wouldn't be much help to me.

But missing appointments was always a big no. Even in the Uk if you miss an appointment with the job centre you get sanctioned. I know of people who got sanctioned for missing appointments for interviews in the UK because the JobCentre person didn't think the job was suitable.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank porsch1909 for this useful post:
  #40  
Old 14.02.2016, 19:46
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 13,768
Groaned at 209 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 11,086 Times in 6,286 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't go to the Appointment with RAV

Quote:
View Post
When I was on RAV my advisor was quite reasonable and only wanted to meet once every couple of month because in his own words he wouldn't be much help to me.

But missing appointments was always a big no. Even in the Uk if you miss an appointment with the job centre you get sanctioned. I know of people who got sanctioned for missing appointments for interviews in the UK because the JobCentre person didn't think the job was suitable.
Welcome back, please sense prevailed with the moderator team.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RAV appointment translator jaba Jobs offered 7 12.10.2015 23:40
Urgent-German Interpreter needed-16th Sept-Baden-RAV regular appointment hohoho Jobs offered 1 15.09.2015 21:29
German-English Translator wanted for RAV appointment deebeevee Jobs offered 0 22.10.2014 17:27
Help - Translator needed for RAV appointment Thalwil 14.July 2014 JRMacc Jobs offered 4 07.07.2014 20:41
If you go down to the RAV today… slammer Daily life 23 12.06.2013 16:55


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0