Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Entertainment & dining
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14.11.2012, 16:34
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,077
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1,096 Times in 413 Posts
taveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond repute
Christmas carols and pantomime Geneva

If anyone hears of any of the above, could you let me know? We have tried Cirque de Noel and we are well integrated "Escalade" addicts, but nothing beats a good Xmas carols concert / or sing along on the street with the Salvation army...we're not demanding - and a good panto laugh. I guess we are a little homesick, but not that desperate that we would want to miss the snow here!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15.11.2012, 16:55
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,077
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1,096 Times in 413 Posts
taveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Christmas carols and pantomime Geneva

I guess it's too soon to think about Xmas. Hard to kick the habit! Got Xmas cards on cardaid.co.uk, they have a great selection, if like me, you have a lot to post back home and you find the choice in Geneva a little thin.

Quote:
View Post
If anyone hears of any of the above, could you let me know? We have tried Cirque de Noel and we are well integrated "Escalade" addicts, but nothing beats a good Xmas carols concert / or sing along on the street with the Salvation army...we're not demanding - and a good panto laugh. I guess we are a little homesick, but not that desperate that we would want to miss the snow here!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21.11.2012, 13:57
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
ivy58 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Christmas carols and pantomime Geneva

Quote:
View Post
If anyone hears of any of the above, could you let me know? We have tried Cirque de Noel and we are well integrated "Escalade" addicts, but nothing beats a good Xmas carols concert / or sing along on the street with the Salvation army...we're not demanding - and a good panto laugh. I guess we are a little homesick, but not that desperate that we would want to miss the snow here!
Yes: Geneva Amateur Operativ Society www.gaos.ch. This years Panto: Sinbad the Sailor
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ivy58 for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 24.11.2012, 15:38
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,077
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1,096 Times in 413 Posts
taveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Christmas carols and pantomime Geneva

I've only just seen your reply. Thank you so much! I'll check it out.

Quote:
View Post
Yes: Geneva Amateur Operativ Society www.gaos.ch. This years Panto: Sinbad the Sailor
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25.11.2012, 09:57
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,077
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1,096 Times in 413 Posts
taveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond reputetaveau has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Christmas carols and pantomime Geneva

Hello ivy58: Panto is sorted, thank you very much. However, the carols concert seems to be for family and friends only. Do you know if they let "ordinary" members of the public in at all?



Quote:
View Post
Yes: Geneva Amateur Operativ Society www.gaos.ch. This years Panto: Sinbad the Sailor
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christmas carols Geneva 2011 taveau Daily life 1 19.12.2011 09:39
Christmas carols Salvation Army taveau Daily life 1 21.11.2010 17:04
Christmas carols taveau Entertainment & dining 0 20.11.2010 11:24
CHristmas carols in Switzerland? eddiejc1 Other/general 17 11.12.2009 01:24
Christmas carols in Zug jannewbold Social events 3 19.12.2008 23:40


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0