| || |
| || || |
| || |
2. I am not sure what kind of contraception to use, I was hoping the clinic(mentioned above) would deal with questions, or do I have to go to a Gynacologist? I dont speak german well enough to ask all the questions in German but my BF has agreed to come if they dont speak english. I was thinking of going for a Nuva ring rather than the pill, does anyone have experiences they would like to share?
price, availability ect would also be very helpful.
| || || |
there was a thread about someone wanting to be tested for STI's recently, do a search on the forum.
As for Nuvaring, here's my experience. I'm now on IUD (well pregnant, so not anymore) and before that, on Nuvaring. I cannot compare with the pill, I only took the morning-after one a couple of times.
I never wanted to be on the pill because I couldn't imagine taking something everyday, I immediately started with Nuvaring which was ideal for me because
1) it's easy to put in
2) it stays in for 3 weeks or so if I remember right
3) take it out, have your period, and put a new one in a week or so later.
4) you (the "wearer") never feel it
5) your partner never feels it
6) if your partner is ...um... really long, he might sometimes "bring it out", but you just put it back in and it has no effet on the reliability (because it continuously diffuses a low dose of hormone, so 5 min without the ring doesn't change anything).
7) I personally didn't notice any change in period quantity or duration between the no contraception /nuvaring /IUD.
In the 3 years I used Nuvaring, I've never had any side effects, was very happy with it. I changed contraception because for some genetic reason I couldn't take hormones, so I went onto the IUD (which is also super practical!).
I can't advise on the price because I had my nuvaring in Belgium, but I'm sure any pharmacy here can tell you the price.
Hope this helps!