Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17.09.2014, 21:54
TammieE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: AG
Posts: 287
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 187 Times in 103 Posts
TammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeable
Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Hiya,

I am looking at Montessori schools for 1st-6th grade. Does anyone have experience with Tagesschule Blüemlisalp?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05.04.2016, 17:14
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 108
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 89 Times in 38 Posts
BigB.ZH has slipped a little
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Hi TammiE
Did you then go with Tagesschule Blüemlisalp?

Does anyone has any experience or review to share?

The school looks spacious and very well organised. I am seeking an appointment for a visit, for my 3 y.o.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05.04.2016, 17:56
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Zürich
Posts: 737
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,179 Times in 426 Posts
Trollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Never heard of it.

I'm finding very strange that there is no information about who owns and runs the school on their website. Or maybe I've overlooked something. No mention either of the AMI, the Association Montessori Internationale, that would make me ask a few questions.

Ask critical questions if you meet them, and listen to your intuition. Unfortunately the Montessori name isn't protected, and anyone can order Montessori material online, open a school/daycare and call it Montessori, it pays do to your research.

But if you are happy with what you see, don't hesitate. Our son goes to a Montessori school in Zürich since 2014 and we are extremely happy with our choice.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05.04.2016, 23:03
TammieE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: AG
Posts: 287
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 187 Times in 103 Posts
TammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeable
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Hi TammiE
Did you then go with Tagesschule Blüemlisalp?

Does anyone has any experience or review to share?

The school looks spacious and very well organised. I am seeking an appointment for a visit, for my 3 y.o.
Yes, we did. We've been there for over a year now and just love it

We moved due to a bullying issue at our local school. We knew Montessori created a more empathetic environment. The environment is warm. The kids are great. The teachers don't hover over the children, but they step in when there is a problem that requires help. My daughter is 5 and was already in another Montessori Kindergarten (Buelach Montessori - which is also great) prior to moving my son to this school; however, we'll also be moving her to Bluemlisalp once she's in 1st grade. She has already bonded with children and the teachers in her current school, so we'll let her finish out Kindergarten where she started.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank TammieE for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 05.04.2016, 23:05
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 108
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 89 Times in 38 Posts
BigB.ZH has slipped a little
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Never heard of it.
Ask critical questions if you meet them, and listen to your intuition. Unfortunately the Montessori name isn't protected, and anyone can order Montessori material online, open a school/daycare and call it Montessori, it pays do to your research.
Thanks for your tip. I will check on it when I visit the school.

Quote:
View Post
Our son goes to a Montessori school in Zürich since 2014 and we are extremely happy with our choice.
Can I ask which school your son goes to?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05.04.2016, 23:13
TammieE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: AG
Posts: 287
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 187 Times in 103 Posts
TammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeable
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Never heard of it.

I'm finding very strange that there is no information about who owns and runs the school on their website. Or maybe I've overlooked something. No mention either of the AMI, the Association Montessori Internationale, that would make me ask a few questions.

Ask critical questions if you meet them, and listen to your intuition. Unfortunately the Montessori name isn't protected, and anyone can order Montessori material online, open a school/daycare and call it Montessori, it pays do to your research.

But if you are happy with what you see, don't hesitate. Our son goes to a Montessori school in Zürich since 2014 and we are extremely happy with our choice.
We've been there for over a year now. We're familiar with Montessori as both my children attended Montessori in the US. I have a minor in Early Childhood Education and covered the Montessori method as part of my degree... in addition to reading books like Montessori Madness because the method is so cool to me. It's a proper Montessori school. (I don't know why its not on their website, but they are licensed through the Swiss Montessori Association: http://www.montessori-ams.ch/m_einrichtungen_6-12.html)
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank TammieE for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 05.04.2016, 23:20
TammieE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: AG
Posts: 287
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 187 Times in 103 Posts
TammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeable
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

I agree with doing your research. If you haven't researched the Montessori method, now would be a good time. It's very different from traditional education. Personally, we love it. If you've never seen it before, your first visit will be a huge eye opener for you. It's amazing to watch the little ones work and have so much fun doing it!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05.04.2016, 23:23
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 108
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 89 Times in 38 Posts
BigB.ZH has slipped a little
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
We've been there for over a year now. We're familiar with Montessori as both my children attended Montessori in the US. I have a minor in Early Childhood Education and covered the Montessori method as part of my degree... in addition to reading books like Montessori Madness because the method is so cool to me. It's a proper Montessori school. (I don't know why its not on their website, but they are licensed through the Swiss Montessori Association: http://www.montessori-ams.ch/m_einrichtungen_6-12.html)
Thanks TammiE for sharing your inputs and link to the website (that is very handy). Am looking forward to visit their school.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank BigB.ZH for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 05.04.2016, 23:28
TammieE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: AG
Posts: 287
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 187 Times in 103 Posts
TammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeable
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Never heard of it.
Ask critical questions if you meet them, and listen to your intuition. Unfortunately the Montessori name isn't protected, and anyone can order Montessori material online, open a school/daycare and call it Montessori, it pays do to your research.

I am actually really glad you brought this up though. It is one of my biggest pet peeves about the name "Montessori." I have visited a school (in the US) that used the name and NOT the method. I was really annoyed and told off the head of the school during my visit. I said they were misrepresenting themselves by using the name inappropriately. It's frustrating.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TammieE for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 05.04.2016, 23:33
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Zürich
Posts: 737
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,179 Times in 426 Posts
Trollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for your tip. I will check on it when I visit the school.


Can I ask which school your son goes to?
He goes to Sprungbrett, a small Montessori School close to Kreutzplatz. They have a bigger sister school in the same area called d'Insle.

We're extremely satisfied.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05.04.2016, 23:50
TammieE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: AG
Posts: 287
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 187 Times in 103 Posts
TammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeableTammieE is considered knowledgeable
Re: Blüemlisalp Montessori in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
He goes to Sprungbrett, a small Montessori School close to Kreutzplatz. They have a bigger sister school in the same area called d'Insle.

We're extremely satisfied.
I'm glad you found a good school as well. I remember looking into that one, too.

We live close to the German border, so Oerlikon is a much better location for my family.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TammieE for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
blüemlisalp, montessori, primary schools




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Montekids Zurich Montessori School aguaysal Education 9 25.08.2014 22:21
German Montessori nurseries in Zurich area Alessandralondon Education 4 17.07.2014 10:22
Montessori / Kindergarten Teacher (Zurich) Leah2011 Jobs wanted 0 15.02.2012 21:06
Does anyone have experience with this Montessori school in Zurich? IrisFlower Family matters/health 10 02.11.2011 19:56
Montessori Schools in Zurich Lisa in Schweiz Daily life 8 19.06.2011 23:28


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0