Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation
View Poll Results: How long does the euro have left?
Monday 4 3.85%
Before/near Xmas 12 11.54%
Mid-February 34 32.69%
It'll stay intact due to an overnight hallmark 54 51.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 01.02.2012, 12:44
magyir's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wallisellen
Posts: 1,536
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 434 Times in 312 Posts
magyir has an excellent reputationmagyir has an excellent reputationmagyir has an excellent reputationmagyir has an excellent reputation
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Generally speaking does anyone have any opinions on the immunity aspects of this arrangement for €700 Bn? According to youtube they can sue me but me not them, nor a govt nor an institution nor will any laws apply.

Countries will have 7 days to send money asked of them with immunity for all who work for it and for all documents.

Is this in another thread?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01.02.2012, 12:48
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,551 Times in 4,686 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Generally speaking does anyone have any opinions on the immunity aspects of this arrangement for €700 Bn? According to youtube they can sue me but me not them, nor a govt nor an institution nor will any laws apply.

Countries will have 7 days to send money asked of them with immunity for all who work for it and for all documents.

Is this in another thread?
What are you talking about? Do you have a link or something'
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 21.04.2012, 23:15
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,551 Times in 4,686 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Seems the Holland government will resign & cause a general election because they cannot agree the austerity package necessary to meet the EU budget limits; so eurozone problems are creeping North
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 21.04.2012, 23:39
Sbrinz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 10,978
Groaned at 542 Times in 342 Posts
Thanked 10,580 Times in 5,412 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Please come back Napolean, all is forgiven!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 21.04.2012, 23:46
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,551 Times in 4,686 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Please come back Napolean, all is forgiven!
Well Sarkozy is French & about the right size; he just needs a to copy Napolean & recruit a large band of Swiss mercenaries -problem is to find a decent currency to pay them with
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 21.04.2012, 23:50
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,448
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,520 Times in 3,045 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Good news is 55% where wrong with the poll
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 21.04.2012, 23:52
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,448
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,520 Times in 3,045 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Well Sarkozy is French & about the right size; he just needs a to copy Napolean & recruit a large band of Swiss mercenaries -problem is to find a decent currency to pay them with
$ Canadian
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 22.04.2012, 00:27
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 13,781
Groaned at 209 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 11,094 Times in 6,293 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Good news is 55% where wrong with the poll
Why is it good news? the problems are not resolved.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #89  
Old 22.04.2012, 00:59
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,448
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,520 Times in 3,045 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

The end for euro suppose to be mid february and for me it was never a problem
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 22.04.2012, 10:28
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,551 Times in 4,686 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Forgot to write that it is ironic that the Dutch were one of the strongest supporters of the strict EU budget limits which they themselves are now unable to meet in 2013.

With the re-election of Sarkozy looking increasingly less likely it seems the ramifications of the eurozone issues are reaching further North.
Holland & France now & who next? Belgium maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 22.04.2012, 14:08
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Baselland
Posts: 581
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 390 Times in 244 Posts
spalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Forgot to write that it is ironic that the Dutch were one of the strongest supporters of the strict EU budget limits which they themselves are now unable to meet in 2013.

With the re-election of Sarkozy looking increasingly less likely it seems the ramifications of the eurozone issues are reaching further North.
Holland & France now & who next? Belgium maybe?
Interesting ideas.
However, I personally see the other countries mentioned as of lesser significance.
What I see as decisive are the possible consequences if Sarkozy fails to be re-elected and Hollande gets in.
To build up his support Hollande has taken on some rather extreme socialist baggage and if elected could well spell a very significant risk for the future of the Euro, possibly even for the future of the EU. France has got to stay in both or the whole is endangered.
What an irony if it is La France that eventually sinks the EU.
Anyone else see icebergs on the horizon?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 22.04.2012, 18:14
gva
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Interesting ideas.
However, I personally see the other countries mentioned as of lesser significance.
What I see as decisive are the possible consequences if Sarkozy fails to be re-elected and Hollande gets in.
To build up his support Hollande has taken on some rather extreme socialist baggage and if elected could well spell a very significant risk for the future of the Euro, possibly even for the future of the EU. France has got to stay in both or the whole is endangered.
What an irony if it is La France that eventually sinks the EU.
Anyone else see icebergs on the horizon?
oh, please, don't forget that election time is showtime. Whether Hollande or Sarkozy makes the race won't have any significant impact over what will happen to the Euro. Personally, I believe that Hollande ist just another representative of the "gauche caviar" - he has a fortune estimated at around 1.8M EUR.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 23.04.2012, 12:00
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,551 Times in 4,686 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
oh, please, don't forget that election time is showtime. Whether Hollande or Sarkozy makes the race won't have any significant impact over what will happen to the Euro. Personally, I believe that Hollande ist just another representative of the "gauche caviar" - he has a fortune estimated at around 1.8M EUR.
Do not agree; after the French result was announced the eur/CHF dipped briefly below 1.20 again.
What Hollande is personally is not relevant; relevant is what policies he implements.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 23.04.2012, 12:13
gva
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Do not agree; after the French result was announced the eur/CHF dipped briefly below 1.20 again.
What Hollande is personally is not relevant; relevant is what policies he implements.
There is an interesting article on the < 1.2 dip in today's tages anzeiger:

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/wirtscha...story/14924939
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #95  
Old 17.05.2012, 23:35
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,551 Times in 4,686 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

From today's newspaper
"Fitch Ratings downgraded Greece's sovereign rating to CCC from B- and sounded a wider alert for the rest of the currency bloc. It said it would put the entire zone on downgrade watch if after June 17's poll, "Fitch assesses that the risk of a Greek exit from European Monetary Union is probable in the near term." "

The downward spiral continues.........
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 18.05.2012, 00:02
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ecublens, Lausanne, VD
Posts: 49
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
photonion has no particular reputation at present
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
From today's newspaper
"Fitch Ratings downgraded Greece's sovereign rating to CCC from B- and sounded a wider alert for the rest of the currency bloc. It said it would put the entire zone on downgrade watch if after June 17's poll, "Fitch assesses that the risk of a Greek exit from European Monetary Union is probable in the near term." "

The downward spiral continues.........
The millions of Euros transfered from greek and spanish banks to foreign ones during the last 10 days is just a small indication of how things will evolve. Personally, I believe at the 17th of June the greek elections will fire up a lot of changes in the Euro zone, no matter what the result will be. We have reached a junction point where a change is needed. Staying on the same track leads nowhere.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 18.05.2012, 03:00
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 125 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
The millions of Euros transfered from greek and spanish banks to foreign ones during the last 10 days is just a small indication of how things will evolve.
Welcome to the forum. Any credible source on your "small indication"? Actual amounts transferred, source / depositary banks?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 18.05.2012, 04:53
eddiejc1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Derwood, MD USA
Posts: 983
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 639 Times in 355 Posts
eddiejc1 has an excellent reputationeddiejc1 has an excellent reputationeddiejc1 has an excellent reputationeddiejc1 has an excellent reputation
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Are you sure you like the idea of all Europeans speaking DEUTSCH?!?
I could get behind that if they could agree WHICH Deutsch Europeans should speak.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 18.05.2012, 09:52
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ecublens, Lausanne, VD
Posts: 49
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
photonion has no particular reputation at present
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the forum. Any credible source on your "small indication"? Actual amounts transferred, source / depositary banks?
Thank you Shorrick for the welcome! This article could be a good start:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...20517?irpc=932

Unfortunately I'm on my mobile now, so the link is given in the mobile version but I guess that's not a big problem. Once I'm back on my pc I will send you some more links that are specific on the last 10 days!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 18.05.2012, 10:32
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,551 Times in 4,686 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
Thank you Shorrick for the welcome! This article could be a good start:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...20517?irpc=932

Unfortunately I'm on my mobile now, so the link is given in the mobile version but I guess that's not a big problem. Once I'm back on my pc I will send you some more links that are specific on the last 10 days!
Basically the article says this practice of withdrawing funds from banks in certain euro countries has been going on for years; it is not a new
phenomenon.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B permit - how long does applying take at the kreisburo? emmabiasiolo Permits/visas/government 5 23.06.2011 15:37
How Does the Falling Euro Affect the CHF? esto Finance/banking/taxation 27 18.06.2010 20:02
How long does it take for the application process? Florin Employment 2 29.05.2009 15:44
How long does it take getting the Ausweis? dbg Permits/visas/government 3 12.04.2007 23:51


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0