Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.07.2012, 14:29
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 778
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 248 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
wechselstube.ch sign-up

Hi all,

after all the good feedback about wechselstube.ch, I though I´d give it a shot.

Filled their online-application form, printed and sent it in with my original ID. Thought this would save the notary, since they see the ID themselves.

They returned the ID, saying they need a notarised version anyway, and a second form about the "beneficiary of funds" ("Feststellung des wirtschaftlich Berechtigten"), which I never saw on their website.

How does the application-process work in practice? I find it a pitty that they don´t give exact step-by-step instructions on how to become a customer.

How did yee manage? Thanks for any possible insight!

Rgds, Christian
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10.07.2012, 11:35
dannyt986's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wollerau, Schwyz
Posts: 1,781
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 698 Times in 471 Posts
dannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
They returned the ID, saying they need a notarised version anyway, and a second form about the "beneficiary of funds" ("Feststellung des wirtschaftlich Berechtigten"), which I never saw on their website.
These are standard anti-money laundering know your customer checks: its you and your money and you're not on a high risk list. It sounds like you are well on your way.

You need the notarized ID because the notary has to have seen you too, otherwise how do they know you arent just sending them a stolen document.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dannyt986 for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 10.07.2012, 11:42
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 778
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 248 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
These are standard anti-money laundering know your customer checks: its you and your money and you're not on a high risk list. It sounds like you are well on your way.
Sounds reasonable. Still I wonder why they don´t mention this form from the beginning, so potential customers can send all-in-one, making it easy?


Quote:
View Post
You need the notarized ID because the notary has to have seen you too, otherwise how do they know you arent just sending them a stolen document.
This sounds reasonable. However, also here, I don´t understand why they don´t tell you that you can go to the post-office, pay 25 Francs, and be done with the notarised version of the ID/Passport?!

They leave most points in the process up to anyone´s guess, which I find pretty irritating.

Should I manage to become a customer, I will write an instruction in the way I would have hoped to find it. Not entirely there yet...

Thanks for the information anyway!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10.07.2012, 12:07
dannyt986's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wollerau, Schwyz
Posts: 1,781
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 698 Times in 471 Posts
dannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for the information anyway!
Maybe they put you in a high risk category and are doing extra checks. It's the beard, AK47 and taliban headgear all worn for religious reasons in the passport picture perchance ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.07.2012, 12:14
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 778
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 248 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
Maybe they put you in a high risk category and are doing extra checks. It's the beard, AK47 and taliban headgear all worn for religious reasons in the passport picture perchance ;-)
I was considering leaving the AK47 out of the picture, but the resemblance would have suffered ever so much
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11.07.2012, 13:54
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 778
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 248 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Answering my own question:

1:
  • go to their website http://wechselstube.ch/de/anmeldung.html
  • If you are a private person, click on "weiter" behind "Anmeldung für Natürliche Personen"
  • fill in the form
  • click "weiter" (lower left)
  • print the filled form
  • sign it
2:
  • download and fill >>this form<<
  • (didn´t find this one on their website, so dropboxing it)
3:
  • take your passport or ID (ID only European Union + CH + FL)
  • go to any (Swiss) postoffice
  • ask for >>gelbe identifikation<<
  • the post clerk will make a copy of your passport, + sign&stamp the copy for authenticity.
    • This costs CHF 25, maybe someone else offers this service cheaper, no idea
4:
  • make a recto/verso copy of your "Ausländerausweis"


Send above 4 papers to
kmuOnline ag
Bottmingerstrasse 75
4104 Oberwil
Switzerland


Should be done...

Last edited by ChrisNeedsToKnow; 11.07.2012 at 15:47.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11.07.2012, 17:02
Jaro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rafz (ZH)
Posts: 1,319
Groaned at 94 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 624 Times in 343 Posts
Jaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
Answering my own question:

1:
  • go to their website http://wechselstube.ch/de/anmeldung.html
  • If you are a private person, click on "weiter" behind "Anmeldung für Natürliche Personen"
  • fill in the form
  • click "weiter" (lower left)
  • print the filled form
  • sign it
2:
  • download and fill >>this form<<
  • (didn´t find this one on their website, so dropboxing it)
3:
  • take your passport or ID (ID only European Union + CH + FL)
  • go to any (Swiss) postoffice
  • ask for >>gelbe identifikation<<
  • the post clerk will make a copy of your passport, + sign&stamp the copy for authenticity.
    • This costs CHF 25, maybe someone else offers this service cheaper, no idea
4:
  • make a recto/verso copy of your "Ausländerausweis"


Send above 4 papers to
kmuOnline ag
Bottmingerstrasse 75
4104 Oberwil
Switzerland


Should be done...
why do I need a copy of the front/rear of my Auslaenderausweis? is that to be mailed or is it to be notarized? nothing on their website or in the application process says you need to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11.07.2012, 17:06
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 778
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 248 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
why do I need a copy of the front/rear of my Auslaenderausweis? is that to be mailed or is it to be notarized? nothing on their website or in the application process says you need to do it.
I´m not sure about the Auslaenderausweis. I just included it to prove my address. Maybe it´s not necessary.

Did you find anything about the "beneficiary of funds" ("Feststellung des wirtschaftlich Berechtigten") form on their site? Because that one is really what confused me most.

Rgds
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11.07.2012, 17:08
Jaro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rafz (ZH)
Posts: 1,319
Groaned at 94 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 624 Times in 343 Posts
Jaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
I´m not sure about the Auslaenderausweis. I just included it to prove my address. Maybe it´s not necessary.

Did you find anything about the "beneficiary of funds" ("Feststellung des wirtschaftlich Berechtigten") form on their site? Because that one is really what confused me most.

Rgds
yes. it is the 2nd form that comes up after the general terms and conditions form is printed and you click on continue. You than print it as well and sign it.
BTW, the site is also in English and so are the forms.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11.07.2012, 17:11
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 778
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 248 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
yes. it is the 2nd form that comes up after the general terms and conditions form is printed and you click on continue. You than print it as well and sign it.
BTW, the site is also in English and so are the forms.
cool!

The one thing (silly me) that killed me, was that after the first form I thought I´m done. Didn´t see that "weiter" is still there, and hence never came to the "wirtschaftlich berechtigten" form.

So the Ausländerausweis is indeed not needed.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ChrisNeedsToKnow for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 11.07.2012, 17:32
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 778
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 248 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Basically the instructions to open the account (and avoiding my silly mistake) could be:

1.
2.
  • follow their instructions by clicking "weiter", until you reach the end
  • "Wir danken Ihnen für Ihre Anmeldung" (this page has no "weiter"-button anymore)
Hope this thread will help someone avoid making the same mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 13.07.2012, 16:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 258
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 182 Times in 105 Posts
mgosia is considered knowledgeablemgosia is considered knowledgeablemgosia is considered knowledgeable
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
cool!
So the Ausländerausweis is indeed not needed.
Actually it is, I have been a customer for a few years and had to give them a copy of my permit only a few weeks ago as new rules require their customers to have a 'relationship' with Switzerland, which should be proven by a permit:

"Gemäss neusten Richtlinien dürfen wir nur mit Personen mit Bezug zur Schweiz zusammenarbeiten. Der Nachweis erfolgt durch eine Aufenthaltsbewilligung und Arbeitserlaubnis"



Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27.10.2012, 20:18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 46
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
tp_sale has made some interesting contributions
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Alert: wechselstube is now locking people out of their system due to `new rules', here is the message from them:

"Unfortunately new regulations in the money transfer business have such a great impact on our daily operational service, which in consequence has led to the closing of client log-ins of private individuals. Therefore we did close your log-in after the transfer of the money.

Best regards Martin Streb kmuOnline ag www.wechselstube.ch <http://www.wechselstube.ch/> Tel. 061 406 97 97"


Anyone about to waste time filling out forms or spend 25 CHF having their ID notarized - don't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08.04.2013, 16:59
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 778
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 248 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Quote:
View Post
..."Unfortunately new regulations in the money transfer business have such a great impact on our daily operational service, which in consequence has led to the closing of client log-ins of private individuals. Therefore we did close your log-in after the transfer of the money...
I talked to wechselstube over the phone today.

They confirmed that new private clients can no longer be signed up, but existing clients would be served into the future.

Sign up for SMEs and other corporations is still possible.

The reason given was that the Swiss government asks all cash/money-handlers to be able to verify the source and the destination of cashflows. As such it is easier to know that some company buys parts from another company somewhere, rather than making sure that no individual pays Kim-Jong-Un´s Whiskey-bills in Scotland.

Anyone knows an alternative for private individuals?

Rgds, Christian
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 17.10.2016, 17:52
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
summit6961 has no particular reputation at present
Re: wechselstube.ch sign-up

Just thought I'd add to this thread, since there is confusing information on wechselstube.ch on here.

I recently opened an account with wechselstube.ch as a private customer since I was looking to convert large amounts and wanted to obtain a good exchange rate. You can have an account as a private customer as long as you are transferring money only to your own bank account in another currency. In my case from my CHF bank account to my British Pound bank account which are both in my names.

I signed up online and sent them a copy of my permit (stamped at the postoffice) and copy of passport, within 2 days, they called me up and gave me my account details.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American Football (Flag) in Zürich - sign up Assassin Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 1 25.08.2010 17:07
[Suggestion] Email notifications per Event sign up? TonyBhoy Forum support 8 14.01.2008 17:36


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0