An update on the Cornercard prepaid MasterCard
(the non-contact version).
It seems that it is now sold exclusively via Naville
- Initial cost is CHF 39 (like the annual fee).
- The cost to recharge the card is 4% (min CHF 2)
- Acts like a credit card. Accepted in CH and outside of CH
- You can put a maximum of CHF 2'500 per annum through the card. My guess is this limit is set with the Finma. If you want more, you need to apply for a nominative prepaid card.
- The limit can be checked at any time via an SMS system (like for a prepaid phone)
- The card can be blocked/unblocked via SMS.
It needs to be activated via the Internet (also via smart phone-web). You will need a mobile phone so a code can be sent when activating the card.
More details in-store (they have a flyer) or on the website. http://www.naville.ch/