Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26.01.2015, 16:36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Ylu94 has no particular reputation at present
Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

I'm currently facing a situation that my ex-landlord is owing me 6000+ chf, and she is not answering any of my phone nor replying my msgs.

The situation was the early termination of my sublet contract with her, and the termination was due to her own issue with the original owner of the apartment which I am not liable for that. The thing is when we signed the contract, I have paid 3200 as deposit, and afterwards she asked me to lend her 3000 chf which, according to her, will be the rent that I prepaid for January until March. However, since the contract has ended at the beginning of the January, she said she will return my money on January 5-7th. But I still have gotten nothing from her yet, and I have tried to call her and she is not picking up my phone calls; additionally, she blocked me on all the social media. And I have no idea about her currently address since we all moved out on Dec. 31st last year.

What I have currently is her copy of passport, b-permit, contract, the text msgs that we sent to each other in which she said that she will give the money to me on January 5-7th, our old sublet contract. She is now currently working for (Mod Edit: Personal details removed). But even though I know all of this information, I still cannot find her at all...

Can anyone give me any suggestion or advice? Or anyone knows where the (Mod edit: Personal details removed) is?

Thank you all so much in advance.

Last edited by Slaphead; 26.01.2015 at 17:39. Reason: removed personal details
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26.01.2015, 16:43
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,349
Groaned at 219 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,545 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Open a poursuite and remove her personal details from this post.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26.01.2015, 16:49
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZŁrich
Posts: 1,064
Groaned at 295 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 5,186 Times in 1,852 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Where are her personal details mentioned? I think the OP is quite subdued, if it were me I'd be livid with someone who was avoiding me like this. Otherwise, porsch is correct, open a poursuite.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 26.01.2015, 16:50
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Ylu94 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
Open a poursuite and remove her personal details from this post.
Oh thank you..I'm so sorry that I have no idea how to edit my post
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Ylu94 for this useful post:
This user groans at Ylu94 for this post:
  #5  
Old 26.01.2015, 16:58
hannah'sauntie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baden
Posts: 4,372
Groaned at 25 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 5,887 Times in 2,674 Posts
hannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

I don't understand why the last post was groaned. Newbies are unable to edit their posts.

Policy: Deletions / Edits of messages
Reply With Quote
The following 10 users would like to thank hannah'sauntie for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 26.01.2015, 17:33
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,349
Groaned at 219 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,545 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
Where are her personal details mentioned? I think the OP is quite subdued, if it were me I'd be livid with someone who was avoiding me like this. Otherwise, porsch is correct, open a poursuite.
The company she works for and position at the company is listed. If correct should be pretty easy to narrow down females with that position in Geneva on linkedin
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank porsch1909 for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 26.01.2015, 17:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 3,621
Groaned at 456 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,474 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
I don't understand why the last post was groaned. Newbies are unable to edit their posts.

Policy: Deletions / Edits of messages
Because the OP should not be sorry about "having no idea how to edit my post" but sorry to have posted someone else's private data in the first place.

A "witch hunt" even if, it appears that the person in question is allegedly a real nasty witch.

So it has nothing about the "technical aspect of editing" but all in the behavior.

PS: "Newbie" or not "newbie", there's no excuses to do that in the first place.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at CorsebouTheReturn for this post:
  #8  
Old 26.01.2015, 17:57
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Was Belgium now Neuch‚tel
Posts: 8,220
Groaned at 60 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 10,241 Times in 4,924 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
Because the OP should not be sorry about "having no idea how to edit my post" but sorry to have posted someone else's private data in the first place.

A "witch hunt" even if, it appears that the person in question is allegedly a real nasty witch.

So it has nothing about the "technical aspect of editing" but all in the behavior.

PS: "Newbie" or not "newbie", there's no excuses to do that in the first place.
Then you should have groaned the original post rather than that one. That groan makes no sense whatsoever without your explanation especially since you didn't groan the original post.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 26.01.2015, 18:00
hannah'sauntie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baden
Posts: 4,372
Groaned at 25 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 5,887 Times in 2,674 Posts
hannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
Then you should have groaned the original post rather than that one. That groan makes no sense whatsoever without your explanation especially since you didn't groan the original post.
My thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank hannah'sauntie for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 26.01.2015, 18:03
TiMow's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 9,310
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Thanked 12,189 Times in 5,300 Posts
TiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

C'mon people - groans are irrelevant and unimportant, when the OP is allegedly 6K out of pocket ..... I bet they wont care.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank TiMow for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 26.01.2015, 18:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 3,621
Groaned at 456 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,474 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
Then you should have groaned the original post rather than that one. That groan makes no sense whatsoever without your explanation especially since you didn't groan the original post.
But:
1) I gave the explanation, and I also had explained to the OP, in "feedback" about why I groaned, immediately after doing so.
Unlike some groaning idiot that I know off, I prefer to justify why I made "noise". But I though the OP deserved to know first.

2) I disagree about making no sense, because the OP clearly admit being sorry for his technical limitations in that post. The only "sorry" which should have been visible is about actually not doing the mistake in the first place, not about not being able to correct it.

The sorry is not about the error, but about the failure to identify and admit what was wrong.

Quote:
View Post
C'mon people - groans are irrelevant and unimportant, when the OP is allegedly 6K out of pocket ..... I bet they wont care.
We do care "remotely" or "virtually". Or at least I do.
But given how the alleged facts have been described along with some witch hunt, i'm more concerned by the slander attempts and possible negative damages made to the alleged "crook" rather than focusing solely on the alleged victim's misery.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 26.01.2015 at 19:38. Reason: merging successive posts
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CorsebouTheReturn for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at CorsebouTheReturn for this post:
  #12  
Old 27.01.2015, 02:10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Ylu94 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
But:
1) I gave the explanation, and I also had explained to the OP, in "feedback" about why I groaned, immediately after doing so.
Unlike some groaning idiot that I know off, I prefer to justify why I made "noise". But I though the OP deserved to know first.

2) I disagree about making no sense, because the OP clearly admit being sorry for his technical limitations in that post. The only "sorry" which should have been visible is about actually not doing the mistake in the first place, not about not being able to correct it.

The sorry is not about the error, but about the failure to identify and admit what was wrong.



We do care "remotely" or "virtually". Or at least I do.
But given how the alleged facts have been described along with some witch hunt, i'm more concerned by the slander attempts and possible negative damages made to the alleged "crook" rather than focusing solely on the alleged victim's misery.


The post has been edited already and when I said I'm sorry I really meant that I should not have said the details about her and I didn't know how to edit the post to remove the personal details... I felt very helpless when I posted the thread and just was eagerly to look for some solutionsó that's why without further thinking about it, I just listed all what I know about her.

Besides my mistake on posting...I'm really worried about what if I cannot get the money back...I'm only a college intern here in Geneva who cannot speak French and doesn't know a lot of people; so I attempted to ask for advice on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27.01.2015, 02:13
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,349
Groaned at 219 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,545 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
The post has been edited already and when I said I'm sorry I really meant that I should not have said the details about her and I didn't know how to edit the post to remove the personal details... I felt very helpless when I posted the thread and just was eagerly to look for some solutionsó that's why without further thinking about it, I just listed all what I know about her.

Besides my mistake on posting...I'm really worried about what if I cannot get the money back...I'm only a college intern here in Geneva who cannot speak French and doesn't know a lot of people; so I attempted to ask for advice on this forum.
http://ge.ch/opf/

Make sure you have evidence though. If you don't and she appeals then you're liable for the costs of the poursuite.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank porsch1909 for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 27.01.2015, 09:17
grumpygrapefruit's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mostly Zurich
Posts: 5,047
Groaned at 29 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 12,330 Times in 3,169 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
But:
1) I gave the explanation, and I also had explained to the OP, in "feedback" about why I groaned, immediately after doing so.
Unlike some groaning idiot that I know off, I prefer to justify why I made "noise". But I though the OP deserved to know first.

2) I disagree about making no sense, because the OP clearly admit being sorry for his technical limitations in that post. The only "sorry" which should have been visible is about actually not doing the mistake in the first place, not about not being able to correct it.

The sorry is not about the error, but about the failure to identify and admit what was wrong.



We do care "remotely" or "virtually". Or at least I do.
But given how the alleged facts have been described along with some witch hunt, i'm more concerned by the slander attempts and possible negative damages made to the alleged "crook" rather than focusing solely on the alleged victim's misery.
You do appear to be trigger happy with the groan button, I for one cannot comprehend why you would groan this post.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 27.01.2015, 09:21
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,834
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,497 Times in 6,682 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

Quote:
View Post
You do appear to be trigger happy with the groan button, I for one cannot comprehend why you would groan this post.
And? Does someone have to explain every groan?

Pointing out random posts someone had groaned is a bit like witchhunt - burn them - BURN THEM - BURN THEM
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 27.01.2015, 09:22
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,653
Groaned at 152 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,576 Times in 3,220 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking help: someone owes me money and the person is not answering the phone

from original post to a discussion about the groan-etiquette in one page: EF at its best
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The person I sublease from won't give me back full deposit money :( catking2003 Housing in general 9 13.01.2015 19:00
What to do when someone owes you money and it appears they arent registered pauljanes1979 Finance/banking/taxation 36 22.01.2013 09:05
I need a person to help me with the lighting [Basel] psychodelicate Jobs offered 10 05.02.2010 22:59
Can someone please explain to me why the UK is one of the most monitored societies? chemgoddess International affairs/politics 97 25.05.2009 21:59
I am in StMoritz for the summer and need a meeting can someone help me find one? bubu Other/general 12 25.06.2007 08:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0