Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.12.2015, 19:23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Riviera
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
les_jeunes has no particular reputation at present
Putting C-Permit on hold and 2ieme pillier

Hello

I have received an offer to go Canada for a couple of years. As we probably come back we will request to put our C permits on hold. I will be getting a Canadian contract which means that pension plan in Switzerland stop and the amount in my 2ieme will go into a dormant account. I know that because we will move to a country outside the there is normally the possibility to collect this money after I have moved to Canada.
What I don't know and i cannot find info on this if there is a restriction when you put your permit on hold. Has anybody had any experience with this specific case.

I know that the idea is to come back and use this money in the future but because the interest is soo low I am considering to take it out and invest in something better. Also the CAD/CHF rate is very good.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09.12.2015, 20:49
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 14,017
Groaned at 174 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 10,062 Times in 5,736 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Putting C-Permit on hold and 2ieme pillier

As it's unlikely you'll be able to put the permit on hold to start with, this isn't going to be a problem. The only acceptable reasons for putting a permit on hold are being sent to work abroad by your Swiss employer, military service or further education. For everything else the default position is "no". Simply wanting to take up a new position in Canada for a couple of years isn't going to cut it. You'll have to deregister and hope that in a couple of years' time you'll be let back in again and get another B permit.

Nor would you be able to take the pension if you could put the permit on hold. You can only take it out if you leave Switzerland permanently, i.e. don't plan to ever come back.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 10.12.2015, 09:00
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Riviera
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
les_jeunes has no particular reputation at present
Re: Putting C-Permit on hold and 2ieme pillier

Thanks Medea Fleecestealer for your response. The move will be within the same company but I will need to accept the local Canadian contract. As we also are keeping our house in Switzerland we assume this would be enough to convince the authorities that this is temporary. We will only know when we see their response.

On a logical basis I would agree that you can only take the funds when leaving indefinitely but how would this be checked. Would be good if somebody could share their experiences here.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10.12.2015, 10:16
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 14,009
Groaned at 210 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 11,315 Times in 6,420 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Putting C-Permit on hold and 2ieme pillier

Quote:
View Post
Thanks Medea Fleecestealer for your response. The move will be within the same company but I will need to accept the local Canadian contract. As we also are keeping our house in Switzerland we assume this would be enough to convince the authorities that this is temporary. We will only know when we see their response.

On a logical basis I would agree that you can only take the funds when leaving indefinitely but how would this be checked. Would be good if somebody could share their experiences here.
When you leave definitively & deregister.........then you have left, nothing to stop you returning if you can get a permit.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.12.2015, 10:47
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 14,017
Groaned at 174 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 10,062 Times in 5,736 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Putting C-Permit on hold and 2ieme pillier

Quote:
View Post
Thanks Medea Fleecestealer for your response. The move will be within the same company but I will need to accept the local Canadian contract. As we also are keeping our house in Switzerland we assume this would be enough to convince the authorities that this is temporary. We will only know when we see their response.

On a logical basis I would agree that you can only take the funds when leaving indefinitely but how would this be checked. Would be good if somebody could share their experiences here.
Ah, in that case you may be able to put it on hold.

I would assume your pension provider would want something like a copy of your deregistration document. If you're still working for the company though they presumably would know this, even though you've switched to a local contract.

This may help:

https://www.sem.admin.ch/dam/data/se...zialvers-e.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10.12.2015, 12:30
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Riviera
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
les_jeunes has no particular reputation at present
Re: Putting C-Permit on hold and 2ieme pillier

Thanks, very useful document
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AVS and 2eme pillier Nathyb Leaving Switzerland 9 19.10.2015 23:48
Avs, 2eme pillier and car leasing Nathyb Leaving Switzerland 8 02.09.2015 13:42
C Permit on Hold LondonBob Permits/visas/government 9 02.05.2014 14:15
2ieme Pillar withdrawal athgeneva Finance/banking/taxation 0 15.06.2012 15:32
Putting "C" permit on hold gfadel Permits/visas/government 3 29.08.2010 18:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0