Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Food and drink
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08.01.2015, 11:37
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,061
Groaned at 294 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,827 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Authentic Satay

If anyone's looking for some real authentic Malay Satay, and not some dry meat on sticks with some bland peanut butter coconut milk concoction, then try this place near Puls 5. It's great! Closest thing I've come to the stuff you get from the Hawker stores in the far east! I've tried for years to recreate that sauce and failed miserably. Next time I go I'm going to ask them for the recipe

http://www.chillies.ch/
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 09.01.2015, 13:38
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Thalwil
Posts: 13
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
cymoc has slipped a little
Re: Authentic Satay

There's a Malay place oposite the church in Stauffacher. I don't know the exact details, I only know it by walking there.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09.01.2015, 14:03
IzabelaInZug's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Zug
Posts: 728
Groaned at 62 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 485 Times in 257 Posts
IzabelaInZug is considered knowledgeableIzabelaInZug is considered knowledgeableIzabelaInZug is considered knowledgeable
Re: Authentic Satay

good to know but what are their proces? I don't see a menu on the website.


Quote:
View Post
If anyone's looking for some real authentic Malay Satay, and not some dry meat on sticks with some bland peanut butter coconut milk concoction, then try this place near Puls 5. It's great! Closest thing I've come to the stuff you get from the Hawker stores in the far east! I've tried for years to recreate that sauce and failed miserably. Next time I go I'm going to ask them for the recipe

http://www.chillies.ch/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09.01.2015, 14:07
Bozza's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 443
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 290 Times in 157 Posts
Bozza has made some interesting contributions
Re: Authentic Satay

Quote:
View Post
If anyone's looking for some real authentic Malay Satay, and not some dry meat on sticks with some bland peanut butter coconut milk concoction, then try this place near Puls 5. It's great! Closest thing I've come to the stuff you get from the Hawker stores in the far east! I've tried for years to recreate that sauce and failed miserably. Next time I go I'm going to ask them for the recipe

http://www.chillies.ch/
Seem to be only open during the days at the moment so...hmm
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09.01.2015, 14:24
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,061
Groaned at 294 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,827 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Authentic Satay

Quote:
View Post
good to know but what are their proces? I don't see a menu on the website.
17.50 chf for chicken or lamb satay. The rest of the menu consists of curries between about 12 and 16 chf.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chillies, malay, satay




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Authentic Chinese Restaurants? dalingling Entertainment & dining 13 02.03.2012 08:46
Authentic Pizza Napoletana musings Food and drink 28 03.10.2011 14:45
Authentic Zurich byby Daily life 63 12.02.2008 15:11
Authentic ,curry, ,recipes, Delphinium Blue General off-topic 0 18.06.2007 23:15


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0