Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 08.03.2010, 13:32
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,714
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,918 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
Just got Napoleon Total War and loving it so far, it's not the same bug ridden piece of gently carressing rubbish their last effort was and so far I am having a blast.
Anyone else got it?

Good?

Personally I not a fan of turn based games (apart from Fallout 2 shooting mode, but I guess that's not really considered true turn-based)

Getting deeper into Borderlands now, perhaps it's time to broaden my experiences.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 08.03.2010, 13:44
Ouchboy's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baden
Posts: 3,032
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 4,545 Times in 1,776 Posts
Blog Entries: 19
Ouchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
Good?

Personally I not a fan of turn based games (apart from Fallout 2 shooting mode, but I guess that's not really considered true turn-based)

Getting deeper into Borderlands now, perhaps it's time to broaden my experiences.

cjheck out Alpha Centauri. Old classic game. ahh the good old days.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 08.03.2010, 14:01
PlantHead's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 1,693
Groaned at 68 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,015 Posts
PlantHead has a reputation beyond reputePlantHead has a reputation beyond reputePlantHead has a reputation beyond reputePlantHead has a reputation beyond reputePlantHead has a reputation beyond reputePlantHead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

It's kind of a mixture of turn based and real time, polished and a lot of fun...if you've always wanted to be or beat Napoleon you can.

Finished Mass Effect 2 finally...is it just me or was it really not that great.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 08.03.2010, 14:17
simon_ch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 2,391
Groaned at 129 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,377 Posts
simon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Medieval II: Total War was an absolutely perfect and really deep game that actually taught me a lot about real history and strategy, haven't played the Napoleon one though as my PC is probably too slow..
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 17.03.2010, 13:15
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,714
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,918 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Nvidia's Fermis cards are apparently ready, but delayed.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvi...ermi,9904.html

Very interested to see how these benchmark against the Radeons.

also to see what kinda price tag these super GPUs will have.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 17.03.2010, 17:33
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,294
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,215 Times in 5,023 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2 last week. Not had a great deal of time to play it and just getting to grips with the gameplay and maps. Looks very nice and the MP is pretty solid, even if I'm continually picked off by snipers. Have no idea on the maps, but that's the same for every game I suppose. Because of the map size, it's often a bit too long range for me, I prefer medium range maps. Had a bash in a few tanks, quad bikes, and waist gunning froma chopper à la Platoon, which is good fun for a few easyish kills. I'll need to play more to really get into it though.
__________________
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c**t... me - Bricktop
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 19.03.2010, 14:05
mepriana's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Basel
Posts: 274
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 102 Times in 59 Posts
mepriana is considered knowledgeablemepriana is considered knowledgeablemepriana is considered knowledgeable
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Does anyone play Travian at all? I have just started, but would be nice to have an alliance with someone/people I at least have some idea of where they are in the world!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 19.03.2010, 14:19
elgin_ed's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bern
Posts: 68
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 61 Times in 33 Posts
elgin_ed has no particular reputation at present
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
Medieval II: Total War was an absolutely perfect and really deep game that actually taught me a lot about real history and strategy, haven't played the Napoleon one though as my PC is probably too slow..
Love this game too - also the lord of the rings mod is fun.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 19.03.2010, 15:15
Mikeybroomers's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zug
Posts: 982
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 980 Times in 444 Posts
Mikeybroomers has a reputation beyond reputeMikeybroomers has a reputation beyond reputeMikeybroomers has a reputation beyond reputeMikeybroomers has a reputation beyond reputeMikeybroomers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
Love this game too - also the lord of the rings mod is fun.
Don't say things like that, you'll pique my interest!!!

I'm picking up my new laptop this weekend and shall once again enter the murky World of Warcraft. Silly me! Been off it for a year but decided I want to see what Cataclysm is gonna be like, so thought a bit of (free) time on it would be a good way to see if I still like it or log on, sit by a mailbox and get bored to tears. I do quite miss the PvP side... and arguing with random 14 year old 1337 kiddies on the public channels.
__________________
A normal person would have done that and kept quiet, I didn't do it and told people.

"I stayed calm and panicked like everyone else"
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 19.03.2010, 15:21
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,294
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,215 Times in 5,023 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
Don't say things like that, you'll pique my interest!!!

I'm picking up my new laptop this weekend and shall once again enter the murky World of Warcraft. Silly me! Been off it for a year but decided I want to see what Cataclysm is gonna be like, so thought a bit of (free) time on it would be a good way to see if I still like it or log on, sit by a mailbox and get bored to tears. I do quite miss the PvP side... and arguing with random 14 year old 1337 kiddies on the public channels.

Don't do it! It'll only end in tears.

(Having said that I might do the same myself, for exactly the same reason)
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 19.03.2010, 17:23
Peg A's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 4,435
Groaned at 163 Times in 128 Posts
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,510 Posts
Peg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
Picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2 last week. Not had a great deal of time to play it and just getting to grips with the gameplay and maps. Looks very nice and the MP is pretty solid, even if I'm continually picked off by snipers. Have no idea on the maps, but that's the same for every game I suppose. Because of the map size, it's often a bit too long range for me, I prefer medium range maps. Had a bash in a few tanks, quad bikes, and waist gunning froma chopper à la Platoon, which is good fun for a few easyish kills. I'll need to play more to really get into it though.

I think this is what hubby has been playing the last couple of weeks.

Seems interesting, it's keeping his interest enough that he has to pull himself away from the computer to eat, to go to work and is at it until 4am if he doesn't have to be up early the next day.


Quote:
View Post
Don't say things like that, you'll pique my interest!!!

I'm picking up my new laptop this weekend and shall once again enter the murky World of Warcraft. Silly me! Been off it for a year but decided I want to see what Cataclysm is gonna be like, so thought a bit of (free) time on it would be a good way to see if I still like it or log on, sit by a mailbox and get bored to tears. I do quite miss the PvP side... and arguing with random 14 year old 1337 kiddies on the public channels.
Quote:
View Post
Don't do it! It'll only end in tears.

(Having said that I might do the same myself, for exactly the same reason)

I keep plugging away at WoW, am toying with the idea of doing a trial EU client though, see how well I get into it making a whole new batch of "friends" as my play times don't match up well for doing things with friends and family in the US.


If ya'll haven't played lately (and have toons that are 60+, or even better, 80'ish), they have implemented a new cross-realm random dungeon system so there is a lot less waiting around and spamming chats looking for tanks and healers.

Simply queue into the random dungeon feature and go about your business until your turn comes and there are enough people to go. To top it off, you get ported directly to the inside of the instance when the group is formed.

There are some drawbacks to this of course (main one being that people are not "committed" to completing a dungeon so sometimes folks drop the group to requeue if the item they wanted didn't drop) but it has also been some fun (not to mention a lot of gear upgrades quickly for my "freshly" 80 hunter).
__________________
The Joys of Opticianry
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 29.03.2010, 12:11
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,714
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,918 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

For anyone who played Portal:




interesting video
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 29.03.2010, 12:57
Khaia's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Goldau
Posts: 132
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Khaia has earned some respectKhaia has earned some respect
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
I would love to play WOW, I just don't have the time. Did you ever see the south park episode based on WOW? Funny S##t!
WOW fan - ex addict here too! Shame I lack the time to play nowadays, but it is a great day and my char still sitting there waiting to be resurrected!

Oh and I love the South Park episode based on WOW, really funny
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 29.03.2010, 13:02
Calmness's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zug
Posts: 33
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Calmness has made some interesting contributions
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

I admit it, I am a gamer, but right now I am in the dark as I only have my work pc with me in CH... and it's really not made for gaming, but when I find a suitable pc, i'll dig into the wonderful life of gaming once again.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 29.03.2010, 13:31
Angela-74's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kanton Neuchatel
Posts: 5,739
Groaned at 114 Times in 94 Posts
Thanked 5,664 Times in 2,771 Posts
Angela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

I have started playing WOW again, I played a lot thanks to hubby but stopped last year but for a month I am back again! Finally made it to level 80 with my blood elf hunter, God I am a geek.
Anyways I have to admit it is fun and I like playing along with my husband as well
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 29.03.2010, 13:37
Little_Polka's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 202
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 604 Times in 124 Posts
Little_Polka has earned the respect of manyLittle_Polka has earned the respect of manyLittle_Polka has earned the respect of many
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Looks like there are quite some WoW players here .

Retired my priest 1-2 months ago and trying hard to not miss it .
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 29.03.2010, 14:03
Khaia's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Goldau
Posts: 132
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Khaia has earned some respectKhaia has earned some respect
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
I have started playing WOW again, I played a lot thanks to hubby but stopped last year but for a month I am back again! Finally made it to level 80 with my blood elf hunter, God I am a geek.
Anyways I have to admit it is fun and I like playing along with my husband as well
Oh, I have a blood elf hunter too! She is stuck somewhere between the mid 70s. I love her!
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 29.03.2010, 14:17
simon_ch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 2,391
Groaned at 129 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,377 Posts
simon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
I have started playing WOW again, I played a lot thanks to hubby but stopped last year but for a month I am back again! Finally made it to level 80 with my blood elf hunter, God I am a geek.
Anyways I have to admit it is fun and I like playing along with my husband as well
I am so glad I quit playing MMORPGs, so much more to life now!
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 29.03.2010, 14:22
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 8,294
Groaned at 107 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 14,215 Times in 5,023 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
I am so glad I quit playing MMORPGs, so much more to life now!
Yes, shooters!

Really getting into BFBC2 now, more familiar with the maps, and slowly ranking up my soldier. the whole game requires a little more nouse and tactics, you can't just rush into a room and spray the $hit out of it, you pick your targets carefully and it's nice to get extra points for killing your "nemesis" . Still haven't worked out how to fly choppers properly yet though .
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 29.03.2010, 14:47
Angela-74's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kanton Neuchatel
Posts: 5,739
Groaned at 114 Times in 94 Posts
Thanked 5,664 Times in 2,771 Posts
Angela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Computer gamers here?

Quote:
View Post
I am so glad I quit playing MMORPGs, so much more to life now!
Hey silly! it does not mean I am attached to my computer all day, it is though something I like doing when I have nothing else to do
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0