Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #341  
Old 01.08.2010, 21:11
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,382
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 15,954 Times in 6,287 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
Well, actually you have -- you groaned at me a couple of days ago for complaining about mine. I do resent that I was circumcised as a baby in the US. There's almost certainly a loss of sensitivity, and there is a loss of the natural gliding action of the skin during sex, which reduces friction and can prevent irritation in the woman. It also reduces the need for lubricants (ever wonder why those are so popular in the US but not Europe)?
Tom 73 and custodian, I groaned at both of you not because of your opinions, what you are totally right to have but because of the no respect and the rudeness you showed about other people's believes.

Last edited by Nil; 01.08.2010 at 21:44.
  #342  
Old 01.08.2010, 22:42
Macchiato's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 730
Groaned at 22 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 330 Times in 218 Posts
Macchiato is considered knowledgeableMacchiato is considered knowledgeableMacchiato is considered knowledgeable
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Once the doctor did circumcision on a guy, and then asked him to wear skirt (of cource for a few days), and he shouted: god damn, did you cut it all?!
  #343  
Old 01.08.2010, 23:03
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 308
Groaned at 28 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 339 Times in 129 Posts
reids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
I wonder how many of you complaining, and getting uptight about male circumcision, have actually been circumcised ??
Circumcision has been around for thousands of years, it affects no one and harms no one.
It just is as it is. Every parent has a free choice whether to do it or not , as does every adult who has not been circumcised. There are far worse choices in life to be made. If you feel as a parent it shoould not be done , then dont do it. If you feel its what you want for your child, then just do it. Those of you who find it abhorrent, thats ok, its your choice, but please lets not get fanatical about it.
To me the only fanaticism is cutting pieces off your children because your imaginary friend told you to.
  #344  
Old 01.08.2010, 23:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,774
Groaned at 116 Times in 74 Posts
Thanked 5,547 Times in 1,957 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Well, I've heard guys complain about them and in some cases the doctor seems to have done it with a hacksaw, with pretty nasty scarring... So I still reckon it should only be done if there is a pressing medical issue.
  #345  
Old 01.08.2010, 23:43
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,382
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 15,954 Times in 6,287 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

I think it is like everything else, you have to do your research to find a good doctor to do the procedure.
  #346  
Old 01.08.2010, 23:45
economisto
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
To me the only fanaticism is cutting pieces off your children because your imaginary friend told you to.
Um. OK, but that's not why and that's not what religion is anyway. For many, religion is tradition - a link to the past and to each other and circumcision can make that tangible.
  #347  
Old 02.08.2010, 00:00
swiss_scouser's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: aarau
Posts: 125
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 44 Times in 19 Posts
swiss_scouser has no particular reputation at present
Circumcision: right or wrong?

Just look at the plus and negative aspects a bit more.

Plus: it stops alot of risk of infection.
When done as a baby it doesn't bother you much because you can't walk anyway to feel the pain after surgery.
Many men when older find it tears during sex or masterbation at some point which I'm sure could be very embarressing, and results in circumsition anyway.

Negatives: reducing sensation and causing more friction during sex. Well friction has lube to fix the problem which can also add to the fun anyway. And loss of sensation can mean you last longer during sex which to many an unsatisfied woman could be a dream come true lol.

I would personaly only do it if medicaly needed but I see no wrong in people doing it for tradition or religion as the negatives are not too negative in my opinion.

FGM on the hand is a totaly different subject in my eyes
  #348  
Old 02.08.2010, 00:04
Meisie's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Amriswil - Thurgau
Posts: 1,694
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,262 Times in 584 Posts
Meisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

When I found out I was going to have a baby boy, my husband and I discussed circumcision. I thought we should do it but my husband was totally against it. After much thought and deliberation, I decided not to as well.
When my baby was born, I was really happy with the decision we had made.. I couldn't imagine putting the poor little fella through such pain.
I do however feel that circumcision is neither right nor wrong and would not judge anyone who did decide to do it.
  #349  
Old 02.08.2010, 00:25
PaperMoon2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 499
Groaned at 24 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
PaperMoon2 has earned the respect of manyPaperMoon2 has earned the respect of manyPaperMoon2 has earned the respect of many
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
I wonder how many of you complaining, and getting uptight about male circumcision, have actually been circumcised ??
Circumcision has been around for thousands of years, it affects no one and harms no one.
It just is as it is. Every parent has a free choice whether to do it or not , as does every adult who has not been circumcised. There are far worse choices in life to be made. If you feel as a parent it shoould not be done , then dont do it. If you feel its what you want for your child, then just do it. Those of you who find it abhorrent, thats ok, its your choice, but please lets not get fanatical about it.
Good point, I agree. I don't condem or look down on parents who did choose to circumcise their sons, but I would not do it to my son unless it was medically necessary.

Quote:
View Post
Just look at the plus and negative aspects a bit more.

Plus: it stops alot of risk of infection.
When done as a baby it doesn't bother you much because you can't walk anyway to feel the pain after surgery.
Many men when older find it tears during sex or masterbation at some point which I'm sure could be very embarressing, and results in circumsition anyway.

Negatives: reducing sensation and causing more friction during sex. Well friction has lube to fix the problem which can also add to the fun anyway. And loss of sensation can mean you last longer during sex which to many an unsatisfied woman could be a dream come true lol.

I would personaly only do it if medicaly needed but I see no wrong in people doing it for tradition or religion as the negatives are not too negative in my opinion.
FGM on the hand is a totaly different subject in my eyes
LOL! Those are good points! They both have their positive and negative points. I just believe in not experiencing unnecessary pain and not putting my kids through unnecessary pain too. At some point if it's needed for medical reasons then okay, but if not don't fix what's not broke. And if a guy is circumcised then that can be worked around as far a sex is concerned, it doesn't have to make a difference in that department.
__________________
~Life is a long discovery isn't it? You only get your wisdom bit by bit. ~
  #350  
Old 02.08.2010, 00:49
ThomasT's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Village
Posts: 726
Groaned at 32 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 566 Times in 284 Posts
ThomasT has an excellent reputationThomasT has an excellent reputationThomasT has an excellent reputationThomasT has an excellent reputation
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Has anyone ever asked the ladies what THEY prefer?

My gf tells me that she prefers a cut d*ck.

I am circumsised and it has never been a problem, actually I never thought about it until this thread kept popping up.

I am sure that 80% of circ. men have never had any problems, physically or emotionally, and that their ladies haven't.

By the way I feel very clean and I would absolutely refuse to have a foreskin if you wanted to give me one.
  #351  
Old 02.08.2010, 01:27
swiss_scouser's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: aarau
Posts: 125
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 44 Times in 19 Posts
swiss_scouser has no particular reputation at present
Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:

By the way I feel very clean and I would absolutely refuse to have a foreskin if you wanted to give me one.
Damn it I was about to offer you mine
  #352  
Old 02.08.2010, 01:37
ThomasT's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Village
Posts: 726
Groaned at 32 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 566 Times in 284 Posts
ThomasT has an excellent reputationThomasT has an excellent reputationThomasT has an excellent reputationThomasT has an excellent reputation
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Thank you but ... no
  #353  
Old 02.08.2010, 02:00
Upthehatters2008's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the kitchen at parties.
Posts: 4,579
Groaned at 212 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
it affects no one and harms no one.
Muppet. What on Earth do you mean by that ridiculous statement ? It affects the person on the end of the knife, and most definitely harms them. The parent is there to protect the child, that includes making decisions on behalf of the child that the child will not regret later on. The child has unknowingly placed a trust in the parent and that trust is abused by the mutilation that is circumcision. The parents cannot possibly know what the child will think when older, and is therefore removed from the decision process. You act in the Childs best interest, not your own. Circumcision is not hereditary, it is not a right of passage and it is not in the Childs own interests unless medically suggested.
  #354  
Old 02.08.2010, 02:06
Upthehatters2008's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the kitchen at parties.
Posts: 4,579
Groaned at 212 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
Has anyone ever asked the ladies what THEY prefer?

My gf tells me that she prefers a cut d*ck.

I am circumsised and it has never been a problem, actually I never thought about it until this thread kept popping up.

I am sure that 80% of circ. men have never had any problems, physically or emotionally, and that their ladies haven't.

By the way I feel very clean and I would absolutely refuse to have a foreskin if you wanted to give me one.
It has absolutely nothng to do with girlfriends, at best they are trying to make you feel good about an un-natural situation. Not having a foreskin is against the natural order, no matter how your lady feels about it. Was your girlfriend consulted at the time, did you have her thoughts in mind when you were cut, did she have yours ? No.

Maybe , God forbid, if she has a mastectomy, you can tell her you like girls with one breast...
  #355  
Old 02.08.2010, 08:44
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,382
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 15,954 Times in 6,287 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
Muppet. What on Earth do you mean by that ridiculous statement ? It affects the person on the end of the knife, and most definitely harms them. The parent is there to protect the child, that includes making decisions on behalf of the child that the child will not regret later on. The child has unknowingly placed a trust in the parent and that trust is abused by the mutilation that is circumcision. The parents cannot possibly know what the child will think when older, and is therefore removed from the decision process. You act in the Childs best interest, not your own. Circumcision is not hereditary, it is not a right of passage and it is not in the Childs own interests unless medically suggested.
Woooo! Don't make a big drama out of this.

I asked my husband about his circoncision. First of all, I don't agree with the time he had it, he wasn't a baby nor a toddler anymore and I believe this procedure should be done at the birth not later in life (except for medical reason obviously)

He is happy with the result, he would never want to have his little skin back and it certainly didn't affected him in any way. No anger against his parents, no nightmares about his loss... And on the sexual side, believe me, it is all good! Same for my brother and all guys I know who had it done.
  #356  
Old 02.08.2010, 08:51
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,382
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 15,954 Times in 6,287 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
It has absolutely nothng to do with girlfriends, at best they are trying to make you feel good about an un-natural situation. Not having a foreskin is against the natural order, no matter how your lady feels about it. Was your girlfriend consulted at the time, did you have her thoughts in mind when you were cut, did she have yours ? No.

Maybe , God forbid, if she has a mastectomy, you can tell her you like girls with one breast...
Come on! You compare a few millimeter of skin with a breast? Get some perspective!

We born with our wisdom teeth but still, when they go out we take them out. It is sooo against nature! We have sex and use a condom, it is so against the nature. We get tattoos, we didn't born with it so it is against nature. Do you see any sense in this? No, me either!
  #357  
Old 02.08.2010, 09:24
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,555
Groaned at 50 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
Come on! You compare a few millimeter of skin with a breast? Get some perspective!

We born with our wisdom teeth but still, when they go out we take them out. It is sooo against nature! We have sex and use a condom, it is so against the nature. We get tattoos, we didn't born with it so it is against nature. Do you see any sense in this? No, me either!
So size does matter?

I don't think it's particularly the case that it's against nature. It's that it's without the consent of the child.

Wisdom teeth extraction is generally done to remove pain and is normally only done in adulthood. Condom use is not a modification to the body. No one tattoos kids, do they?

I haven't seen a decent argument for child circumcision vs adult consensual circumcision.
  #358  
Old 02.08.2010, 11:14
economisto
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
Muppet. What on Earth do you mean by that ridiculous statement ? It affects the person on the end of the knife, and most definitely harms them. The parent is there to protect the child, that includes making decisions on behalf of the child that the child will not regret later on. The child has unknowingly placed a trust in the parent and that trust is abused by the mutilation that is circumcision. The parents cannot possibly know what the child will think when older, and is therefore removed from the decision process. You act in the Childs best interest, not your own. Circumcision is not hereditary, it is not a right of passage and it is not in the Childs own interests unless medically suggested.

UTH....seriously? The mutilation that is circumcision? There is no solid evidence that circumcision does any harm at all, never mind any more harm than good. If it's for religion purposes, and based on its scientifically accepted neutrality, the connection to the family and a wider community is of overriding importance. I believe therefore, in most cases of circumcision, the child's trust has been rightly rewarded. Circumcision is clearly a right of passage and clearly in the child's best cultural interests.
  #359  
Old 02.08.2010, 11:14
Carlos R's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Roundn'about Basel
Posts: 7,093
Groaned at 102 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 9,665 Times in 4,068 Posts
Carlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
Maybe you should give me more links to bias hogwash masquerading as science; do you believe that the Earth is flat?
The irony appears totally lost on you. I and others are the ones providing links to real, credible scientific evidence and you are the one denying the validity of the scientific evidence. With an almost religious fervour, one might add.

The inquisition would be proud of you.

Quote:
View Post
...And on the sexual side, believe me, it is all good! Same for my brother and all guys I know who had it done.
Oh Nil, this could so be taken out of context...
  #360  
Old 02.08.2010, 11:22
Jaro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rafz (ZH)
Posts: 1,319
Groaned at 94 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 624 Times in 343 Posts
Jaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

not sure if this was stated earlier but back in the US they used to automatically circumsize for ages...recently, 3-5 years ago or so studies have conculded that there is not evidence that circumsision has any health benefits and is as far as I know no longer done by default.
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Circumcision in Switzerland [info ONLY please] wheels Family matters/health 48 23.03.2016 18:04
The Wrong Word(s) [non-native speaker slip-ups] Lob Language corner 218 29.03.2011 14:36
We were all wrong, cars and polution aren't the problem. TEXANSinNJ General off-topic 13 05.01.2008 17:16
Is it wrong to snigger at what your child is doing? Zug bound General off-topic 10 09.11.2007 23:11
What Time is It - Forum Timestamp wrong ! DaveA Forum support 1 21.09.2007 17:27


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0